Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When we do well this happens!!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He has said that he loves it in Brighton, though, and made clear that he couldn't even CONSIDER living in Gillingham, so location IS important to him (and his family).

Glasgow (ignoring the fact that's its purely speculation) would be a big move.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fcuk off Celtic, big club my arse.

With your ever increasingly strange outbursts I really am beginning to think you're always just fishing ! Firstly it's Sky that called Celtic a big club not Celtic themselves and secondly I think it's fair to say they are pretty much a big club north of the boarder !

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Exactly. I don't BLAME him for looking for money and won't knock him for it while he's here. It just means I can't allow myself to fully jump into bed with him and start destroying his sweet bottom. Given that opportunity with, say, Elliott, I'd be all over him, as he's arguably demonstrated that he really wants to be here far more than Calderon.

I agree with the sentiment however the execution I would probably consider alternative options.!!!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Agreed. The man is a mercenary.

So when Burger King come along and offer you £2 an hour more to flip burgers than MacDonalds do at the moment you'll reject the offer because it would be mercenary to accept ??? :tosser:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree with TCB I cant bring myself to LOVE him. I know he was free at the time and yes he was entitled to listen to other offers etc etc.

And yes I would do the same.

BUT I would keep my counsel and not blurt it out on facebook or the media etc etc like he did, added to the Im happy at Brighton and will sign one min then talk to Soton the next. Then do a U turn. Even Gus was pissed off and rightly so.

So excuse me if I dont tug myself off on here like some people do over Calderon.

Oh and TCB I have first dibs on Bennett. While others were voting for Crofts as POS I wanted Bennett.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I am not and have never been involved in the fast food industry (other than as a keen customer). Why do you think it's fun to take the piss out of those who are?

Where have I made fun of those involved in the fast food industry ? I could just as easily have used being a barman for the Royal Albion Hotel and being offered a similar job with better pay by The Grand. I was attempting to point out what a f*** wit comment you'd made about being mercenary. Firstly he didn't go so he obviously isn't all that mercenary and secondly most people would move jobs if the pay and / or prospects were better - footballers are no different to the rest of us in that respect.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But like I say you DONT go blurting it out to all and sundry. Or you do and then man up (which to be fair Calderon did), but I reckon next time (and there will be) it will be done alot more professionally like Crofts for example.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I am one of a small number who seem to find it difficult to love rather than just like him though, which I guess is the only point I was making.

I struggle to understand why anyone would "love" our players ( other than their families and friends obviously ). I support them and indeed respect them for the entertainment they bring me but love ? No, you've got to be a bit of a weirdo to do that.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Brighton has a reputation of not standing in a players way should they get an offer from a bigger club, ala Crofts.

Judging by some of the comments on here you'd have thought that has changed!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the basis we got Celtic to pay £1.5M for Virgs , I can't see them forking out £4M for Calde. :lol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One of the reason players come here is because Gus promises to put them in the shop window - you can't complain then when passers-by notice them performing behind the glass. Calde is a good player - I do think he has been caught out for pace a couple of thime this season though. He won't get quicker.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
If the right offer comes and he goes then so be it, bigger and better clubs than the Albion will do to us what we did to smaller poorer clubs like Swindon when we poached Greer from them. Its the law of the football jungle, we will have to learn that we will occasionally lose our best players. Personally I think Calde will still be here at seasons end.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Well I clearly don't mean "love" in the literal sense, like you might love your mum, wife or Take That. Put it like this - he's a player without a song, and I think that says a lot.

No hes not.

Drinking pints of sherry, CALDERON, CALDERON
Drinking pints of sherry, CALDERON, CALDERON

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here