Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your OCD?

thirpo

May 8, 2010
Ashington
Your all massive OCD'ers, I bet no one has to press their car horn twice when driving under any bridge in any vehicle passenger or driver. I once as a taxi passenger lent forward and pressed his horn twice when traveling under a flyover in Crawley, " Mr Patel was not amused"
Oh yeah I don't do odd numbers also on the tv remote and volume control!! reason is simple my birthday is 09/01/1971, check your b-date it all fits in place!!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Triple layer of bog roll in the pan pre-dump to minimise the effects of splashback. Nothing worse than the feel of toilet water upon one's botty

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
My main one is when I go to bed, I have a set procedure and check everything in a specific order. This covers every room in the house. If I don't, I can't sleep. If someone interrupts the process, it's back to the beginning and start again.

The others are minor ... I try to keep books, CDs & DVDs in alphabetic order. I even do the same for my son's X-Box games in his room.

I will lock the car, walk away and then have to go back again to check it, sometimes more than once.

Desk jotter and PC screen on the desk have to be parallel to the edge of the desk.

Noticed recently I have the volume in the car on either an even number or a multiple of 5. No idea why.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
when i exit the house via the garage door..i check that the front door is chubbed, then check that the catch isnt 'accidently' down... then when i haev driven the car out and come back to close the garage door..i check the friggin front door again..as if the catch minx devil had had time to come in and lock me out!
oh..and cushions...the fluffing fairy must visit and put them in the correct place..albeit on sofa or bed...
god...hangs head in shame!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Picking my nails. I can't have dirt in them. Any sign of dirt and I start picking it out.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I lock the car, checked it's locked, start walking off and then start worrying that I haven't locked it and then I go back and check it again. And it's the same with my hair straightners, I turn them off, unplug them, check and then go out and worry I haven't done it, on quite a few occasions I have made my other half return to the house to make sure i've turned them off. Perhaps more paranoia then OCD!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I always have to place my beer smack bang in the middle of a beer mat and if its even slightly askew I get edgy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have a paranoia about being late for something whatever the situation it may be

Same as me. I hate people being late to the point of being very anal about it, therefore I make sure I am never late, the very odd timesI am even running 2 mins late brings me out in a panic/sweat. The worst thing for me is when I am due to meet people and a friend/gfriend I am with is running late thus making me late - I could throttle them!

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Also I hate being in a room when a door is open, I ALWAYS have it closed.

My hands - if they are wet I try to get them dry ASAP, but I'm okay with muddy hands/dirty hands.

I hate being late for lesson, If I'm 1 minute away from lesson starts and there's at least a 2 minute walk away I would run.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I lock the car, checked it's locked, start walking off and then start worrying that I haven't locked it and then I go back and check it again.

Ooh, I do that with the front door. I've sometimes walked a mile or two back to check it is locked when I am 99.999999% sure I locked it. I think it is a paranoia as opposed to an OCD.

Also I hate being in a room when a door is open, I ALWAYS have it closed.

Complete opposite for me. I hate closed doors and dream of an open planned abode. Christ, I had more than I bargained for.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Counting, number of wheels on the vehicles that pass me, letters on a sign / slogan etc, panes of glass on a building, straight edges on the facade of a building. f*** i wish i hadn't responded to this thread because it's going to go off the scale now!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Toothpaste from the bottom of the tube, toilet roll up and over, not straight down.

Even numbers on volume controls ....yeah, but can fight this one easily enough.

I seem to count the numbers of letters in a word quite a lot and often have to re-read sentences on a page etc (I can't let it go and speed read it to grasp the gist, I have to start the sentence or even paragraph again.....I am a slow reader!!!...but that frustrates me).

I receive cash in my job (no, I'm not a rent boy!!) but when I gather it all together in a paying in book I have to straighten it all out if it's folded or crumpled and arrange them all the same way up.

........is this simply a compulsion to be helpful to the cashier in the bank though?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here