Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Woodingdean like to live in?

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
What I don't understand is why it's there, right on the top of the downs? How in the name of f*** did it get permission? I'm sure someone will know?

seagullsoveroxon

Jun 19, 2011
Spent much of my younger years in Woodingdean when visiting family . Great views in the summer but a nightmare at times in the winter ! I used to stay at roseberry avenue and up at Kiplings avenue and in my youth days i used to hang around the chip shop by the lights ! Good drinking times in the Downs hotel and it is a ok place in my opinion ! Ideal location a bus ride from the City and rotters is just down the road with a few drinking holes and the seafront and of course the AMEX is over the back so location is great !

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
You're lucky I'm going to bed now terry1. as I have a lot of complaints about you to look into.

If I were you and I wanted to keep using NSC I'd be considering what I posted from now on.

I just say what I think. This is a site all about debate. If i can't express my views then what's the point of writing this thread. I have'nt racially abused anyone, I have'nt said anything others on here have not said before. Because I'm new this this people seem to think I dont deserve to be on here. Well i do, I give honest answers to questions. Some will like it, some wont. That's just life. Would be a very dull site if everyone agreed with each other.

Jan 30, 2008
I just say what I think. This is a site all about debate. If i can't express my views then what's the point of writing this thread. I have'nt racially abused anyone, I have'nt said anything others on here have not said before. Because I'm new this this people seem to think I dont deserve to be on here. Well i do, I give honest answers to questions. Some will like it, some wont. That's just life. Would be a very dull site if everyone agreed with each other.
couldn't agree more mate , unfortunately there's a few people that need to man up a bit and not act like big girls blouses !!!

I see you live in Patcham, what of dump full of hawkers who think they have gone up market.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Not if you saw the house he bought.

I believe but willing to be corrected, but the Woodingdean,rottingdean area is well known in "property circle"for its particularly wide range of properties, both size and value within such a small geographical area. From £180k up to several million with a 1 mile radius.

PS Errol Flynn used to live in Woodingdean and was knocked over by a car outside the petrol statiion on the Falmer Road. :)

I don't live in Rottingdean so no bias, but their residents (those SOUTH OF of the Eley and Elvin estate), and estate agents would be shocked to see it bracketed with Woodingdean.
Other than Longhill School and the suffix 'dean', they have nothing in common and are separated by countryside.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't live in Rottingdean so no bias, but their residents (those SOUTH OF of the Eley and Elvin estate), and estate agents would be shocked to see it bracketed with Woodingdean.
Other than Longhill School and the suffix 'dean', they have nothing in common and are separated by countryside.

I don’t think the compiler gave a flying f*** what each of the residents thought,
But it does bear out what the report was saying, (which includes Ovindean) is that for such a small area, whether countryside divided or not, within is a relative small geographical area there are an extra ordinary wide rage of properties which is unique and quite rare in this country.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I don’t think the compiler gave a flying f*** what each of the residents thought,
But it does bear out what the report was saying, (which includes Ovindean) is that for such a small area, whether countryside divided or not, within is a relative small geographical area there are an extra ordinary wide rage of properties which is unique and quite rare in this country.

My area of South West London, Battersea, is similar. When the few council flats north of Clapham Junction that are privately owned go on sale, the owners will practically pay you to take them off you, yet there are houses in the same road as my flat that go for £3 million plus (I assure you my flat is worth considerably less). The contrast here is rather greater. You would probably not be advised to walk along Falcon and Plough Roads at night. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anywhere in Wooders is that bad, is it? What I can't understand though is why Woodingdean, with the amount of council housing it has, has nearly always voted Conservative by large margins, whereas Moulsecoomb, Hollingdean, etc, virtually never do.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

indeed eley drive and south of the school is rottingdean. woodingdean ends at the bottom of cowley drive.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

Calm down. You missed the point. There is no woodingdean/rottingdean area. Other than 'dean' and a shared senior school, there isn't a woodindean/rottingdean area, either officially or colloquially.
Separated by countryside, house prices, separate council wards, history.
Is like saying the Hangleton/Hove Park, or Whitehawk/Ovingean area.
Why lazily lump 2 unconnected areas together?

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
Calm down. You missed the point. There is no woodingdean/rottingdean area. Other than 'dean' and a shared senior school, there isn't a woodindean/rottingdean area, either officially or colloquially.
Well said

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Indeed-Brighton & Hove could be just Brighton-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here