Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Woodingdean like to live in?

D

Deleted member 18477

went there once... its a shower of shit!... never been back.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
The Toby was a place where you wiped your feet on the way out. Horrible pub. Its now an auction house or something along those lines.

what you on about??? i was raised in woodingdean as a kid, and spent my teenage years growing up there, i then became a regular at the toby...it was a good pub for the regulars and the people that used it, granted it went downhill in the late nineties but there was a many a good night in the toby...horrible pub if you did not use it, or were to scared to open the door, but once inside you would have loved it....i love woodingdean and still do my mum is still there has been for 40 years...

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4183911 said:
I went to Longhill, and 98% of the horrible spitty chavvy ******* little oiks that made it such a shit place to be were from Woodingdean.

what a load of bollox!!!! ex longhill pupil from woodingdean!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Ah my Nan owned it for a bit and I have fond memories of that pub! Probably because I was young so had no idea what was going on there and just spent my time playing in the garden or in the flat upstairs, not venturing in to the actual bar area.

who was your nan??? i was always in the toby, and worked behind the jump.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I live up in North Woodingdean. Lived in Hove for the first 47 years of my life but wanted a detached place and here I am. Deliberately chose the top part as just a 10 minute bus ride in to town.
Good place to live. And Ian Chapman is just a few doors up so always have a good chat.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I believe the manager of the Downs is going to run coaches to the Amex tied in with 'lunch and a pint' deal. Would swing it for me..!

Nice older memories of the area here - i used to work at the Downs in '87/88 so probably served some of you 'orrible lot; starting fights after being ejected from the Toby earlier in the evening no doubt :)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Tommy Elphick parents live in Woodingdean, and Tommy's Just bought his own place along the road, still in Woodingdean.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4183911 said:
I went to Longhill, and 98% of the horrible spitty chavvy ******* little oiks that made it such a shit place to be were from Woodingdean.

I went to Longhill and I lived in Woodingdean and I think you are talking a load of crap. Nothing new there then.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You're lucky I'm going to bed now terry1. as I have a lot of complaints about you to look into.

If I were you and I wanted to keep using NSC I'd be considering what I posted from now on.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You're lucky I'm going to bed now terry1. as I have a lot of complaints about you to look into.

If I were you and I wanted to keep using NSC I'd be considering what I posted from now on.

I'm guessing most of them are about his misuse of the apostrophe?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Modest location for a guy on £200k per year!!

Not if you saw the house he bought.

I believe but willing to be corrected, but the Woodingdean,rottingdean area is well known in "property circle"for its particularly wide range of properties, both size and value within such a small geographical area. From £180k up to several million with a 1 mile radius.

PS Errol Flynn used to live in Woodingdean and was knocked over by a car outside the petrol statiion on the Falmer Road. :)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I lived in Batemans Road there for a couple of years in the 90's. Nothing at all wrong with Woodingdean and it is an even better location now they have improved those dreaded Falmer Road lights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here