Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Woodingdean like to live in?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Isn't Ovingdean between Rottingdean and Woodingdean?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
You should have seen it 30 years ago

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ok you are right. Ovingdean is on the other side of the ridge. It's just that a couple of mates and my niece who lived in various houses adjacent to Falmer Road in the bit you have pointed out is Rottingdean, they all used to tell me they lived in Ovingdean. Bastards. :shootself:

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I don’t think the compiler gave a flying f*** what each of the residents thought,
But it does bear out what the report was saying, (which includes Ovindean) is that for such a small area, whether countryside divided or not, within is a relative small geographical area there are an extra ordinary wide rage of properties which is unique and quite rare in this country.

Programme_Seller:

Please cheer up.
A healthy NSC debate, where someone correctly pointed out a key difference between Woodingdean and Rottingdean (e.g. they're geographically well apart, so aren't a single unified urban area/suburb), didn't warrant your little temper. Listen to all points of view and keep an open mind.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Programme_Seller:

Please cheer up.
A healthy NSC debate, where someone correctly pointed out a key difference between Woodingdean and Rottingdean (e.g. they're geographically well apart, so aren't a single unified urban area/suburb), didn't warrant your little temper. Listen to all points of view and keep an open mind.

I'm chilled, no temper here, just stating the compiler did not go door to door asking if it was ok to write the piece.

Both Woodingdean and Rottingdean are geographically joined by the B2123 "falmer road challenge".

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I'm chilled, no temper here, just stating the compiler did not go door to door asking if it was ok to write the piece.

Both Woodingdean and Rottingdean are geographically joined by the B2123 "falmer road challenge".

Does a road connecting to entirely different locations, separated by countryside, make those 2 locations a single area? No.
Add, entirely different: histories, housing stock, the countryside separating them, property values, council wards. All points to, no.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Does a road connecting to entirely different locations, separated by countryside, make those 2 locations a single area? No.
Add, entirely different: histories, housing stock, the countryside separating them, property values, council wards. All points to, no.

what if it has a paved footpath alongside the road that connects the two

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

Ovingdean is in Rottingdean ward and actually makes up far more of the ward than Rottingdean village itself, doesn't it? So I suppose that links the two in some way. Woodingdean is clearly a separate area, though it isn't always clear on the B2133 where the boundary is. My parents looked at a house in Ovingdean when they moved to Brighton in 1967, though I think the price was too high or it was a pre-fab that put them off (can't remember which), so they ended up by the A23 at Patcham (now under the bypass flyover). Was it around that time the 13 year old boy's body was found somewhere in that area? Mum and Dad can't remember whether they had moved when he was found or if they were still in Lindfield at the time. One of the murders Sussex Police still haven't solved if I remember correctly.

Earlier this year, in his capacity as Transport Minister, Norman Baker gave a funding allocation to every English local authority that had rural areas within its boundary. Brighton & Hove City Council qualified - because Rottingdean, Ovingdean and Woodingdean are officially "rural communities".

D

Deleted User X18H

Earlier this year, in his capacity as Transport Minister, Norman Baker gave a funding allocation to every English local authority that had rural areas within its boundary. Brighton & Hove City Council qualified - because Rottingdean, Ovingdean and Woodingdean are officially "rural communities".

What about Hangleton? Hove's only real suburb.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ovingdean is in Rottingdean ward and actually makes up far more of the ward than Rottingdean village itself, doesn't it? So I suppose that links the two in some way. Woodingdean is clearly a separate area, though it isn't always clear on the B2133 where the boundary is. My parents looked at a house in Ovingdean when they moved to Brighton in 1967, though I think the price was too high or it was a pre-fab that put them off (can't remember which), so they ended up by the A23 at Patcham (now under the bypass flyover). Was it around that time the 13 year old boy's body was found somewhere in that area? Mum and Dad can't remember whether they had moved when he was found or if they were still in Lindfield at the time. One of the murders Sussex Police still haven't solved if I remember correctly.

39 years after boy's murder, police arrest two men | UK news | The Guardian

There you go, still hot on the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here