Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Woodingdean like to live in?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
The Toby was a place where you wiped your feet on the way out. Horrible pub. Its now an auction house or something along those lines.

Ah my Nan owned it for a bit and I have fond memories of that pub! Probably because I was young so had no idea what was going on there and just spent my time playing in the garden or in the flat upstairs, not venturing in to the actual bar area.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I lived on Kipling Avenue from 1971 to 1978, we moved away when I was nearly seven.

Can only really remember the park, Spar shop and primary school I went to.

Seem nice area as a kid, but it was 33 years ago

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Not as bad as I'd feared although I've heard the roads on a Saturday might be getting crazy soon. Ha!

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Weird place, hasn't the facilities of a town, nor the charm of a village, yet too far out to be a normal suburb of Brighton. Not for me.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
its a slightly posher whitehawk with more private houses. it just gets lumped in with rotters and saltdean but in reality is closer to whitehawk i would say. no disrespect to any of those areas, i like them all!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I would move back into my old flat in Warren Road tomorrow, if circumstances didn't dictate that I live down here.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I like it

Ball-ache sometimes with the traffic but the seafront is only a 10min run away and the Downs are right on your doorstep. There are some parts which are a bit 'tasty' but otherwise its alright

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Stepfather worked there for 10 years in the 80s, more use less info. went to Toby most nights for about 10 years.there were a few punch ups then.

on a summers day with all the doors open in the toby the sunlight just showed up all the dust and f***ing muck hanging around in the air in the gloom inside. thats my instant mental picture of the place if i think about it. i can see it now.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I guess you are realising it has good and bad bits, what place doesn't! I move to Rottingean when I was 2 and loved it, we then moved to South Woodingdean when I got to 13 and it was ok. Nice area mainly semis and bungalows right next to the downs. Park just up the road for the kids (me and me Sis). Horses in the local fields and pretty good neighbours. Left in 1985 when I got married and moved to MK. Mum still lived there up to about a year ago and the area was still quite pleasant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here