Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the origin of your name?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Chips and Gravy was chanted at a Stoke City v Brighton game at the old Victoria Ground for about 20 minutes! One of my favourite chants of all time!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Used to play on the left wing and over the years my politics seem to have become more left wing as well ... I put that down to every other politician moving to the right!

I wanted to be called Kit Napier's Kit Bag, but someone beat me to it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surname is Rider, so I've been called "Easy" for years (at least I think thats why they call me Easy).

10 cos I like the number, and it fills the back panel of a football shirt nicely.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I moved to the Munster region of Ireland about a year ago and couldn't think of anything else.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Redland is my DJ name, from back in the day, and also coz I always used to wear red tops !!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Started off as Yorkshire Seagull (where I live and the team I support) but then it got shortened and when I wanted to put the lettering on my shirt - Yorkie it became.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pub in shoreham, dont drink there anymore as its full of shoreham Lads who reckon they are the "don" or something ???

rool

Jul 10, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Pub in shoreham, dont drink there anymore as its full of shoreham Lads who reckon they are the "don" or something ???

Does watford O know this?

He'll be pissed as hell

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In the days before the 'Seagulls' nickname 'Brovian' was a failed attempt back in the 1950s (the decade I was born) to invent a unique nickname for the club. If it had stuck we'd have NSC user names such as 'Barnet Brovian, or 'Shankly Brovian'.

I used to be ofab (old fat and bald) and I I toyed with the idea of changing it once before but was talked out of it by Barnet Seagull who accurately, although unkindly, said there wasn't much point in changing it as even if I wasn't that Old Fat and Bald now I soon would be so why bother?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I used to be rool on this board and others but changed it for a period of anonimity and because people thought I had a 12" dick for some reason.

poke

Oct 19, 2003
poke started cos someone said to filthy that he was so nice they wanted to poke him (with their finger), then because i'm his SISTER i got the name as well, then he changed his to filthy

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Filthy and Poke siblings ? Well well, you learn something every day on here eh ?

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
when I played football regularly at uni, I was was renowned for my sliced or huge defensive clearances..... up and under - like a golf shot... hence Faldo.

Also, about 3 years ago, I occasionally came on here as Kong... Again, related to my footballing prowess, and no nonsense clearances redulted in me being called a donkey. Donkey was considered too obvious for witty manhood comments (regardless of any truth).... so I became Kong, as in Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Brovian said:
In the days before the 'Seagulls' nickname 'Brovian' was a failed attempt back in the 1950s (the decade I was born) to invent a unique nickname for the club. If it had stuck we'd have NSC user names such as 'Barnet Brovian, or 'Shankly Brovian'.

What's the etymological origin of the word Brovian? I'm intrigued. Never heard of it. I thought we were the Dolphins pre-seagulls.

FWIW Jambo is a corruption of Jam Tart, rhyming slang for Heart. Hearts fans in Scotland are universally known as Jambos, amongst other things.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here