Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the origin of your name?

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Curious Orange said:
The Curious Orange was a character from This Morning With Richard Not Judy.

That was a fantastic program! Wish they'd bring it back. I think I signed an online petition to stop the Beeb from dropping it but that obviously failed.

'Ahhh.'
'No, it's not Ahhh!!'

Classic.

I was just driving along trying to think of something slightly more original than UKSeagull (wasn't that such a great name SIMON?)

Regrettably I was going through some roadworks at the time (not actually through the roadworks mind you), and the bleedin' obvious struck me. After I picked myself up from that, I thought........."Cones".......how about "Conehead".. Nah that's stupid. What about Mr Conehead? Nah, also very rubbish. "Mr Cone"? Shit. So I setlled on Mr C at that point. That is of course, also crap, but by this point I had crashed into a moving tree and given up thinking about NSC.

I think. ???

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I became Spicy because my sense of humour can be rather naughty and I do like to wind a few people up - I have been well behaved so far though.:angel:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Really, I thought you were called Spicy because you like to rub chilli peppers on your cli****is. Actually, I think I am mixing you up with Dwayne.

I am named after a character in the Fast Show in the Channel 9 section

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Apparently,some people say that after a few I have got a bladder the size of a Gerbil's.

It's all bollox though!!???

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
used it as my fanzine pen name for a little while and kinda liked it.

chips and gravy - great name, best food (with a pasty on top too)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Errr............no idea :p

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
El Presidente said:
Really, I thought you were called Spicy because you like to rub chilli peppers on your cli****is. Actually, I think I am mixing you up with Dwayne.

You can think what you like El Presidente. I thought you are called that because you have illusions of grandeur. xx!

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Brovian said:
It's a sort of portmanteau word with the BR coming from Brighton and the OV coming from Hove and the IAN coming from, well I guess from 'Brightonian'. The Supporters' Club invented it apparently, but as I say it never caught on.

As you say 'Dolphins' was another attempt to generate a nickname, some people also maintain that in the 1960s we were known as 'The Shrimps' although I don't think that was ever officially recognised by either the club or the fans and was just something used by magazines like "Charles Buchan's Football Monthly" when they were profiling clubs. Tim Carder (The History Man) can probably give chapter and verse.
When I started supporting the club in 1962 the nick-name was "The Shrimps"and my mates and I made a banner incorporating that nick-name, so it was used by some fans.I dont know if it was officially recognised by the club

Lush

Mods' Pet
Safeway said:

I'm Safeway because I always wear a condom.

:lolol: ;)

Mine comes from getting so drunk at the Centenary Dinner I passed out on the table circa 1973, woke up after the lights had gone up at the end and then went and threw up all over myself in the toilet. Classy.

Oh well, there'll be other Centenary Dinners... :(

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
An Englishman in America, but without the white wig.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
As I'm sure you all know, I used to be Cheshire. When this became 7000 miles inaccurate I figured it was probably time for a change to reflect my new locale...

Dolphin becuase there used to be another Cheshire Seagull once upon a time.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Shizuoka Dolphin said:

Dolphin becuase there used to be another Cheshire Seagull once upon a time.

There still is. He pops in now and again.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
FWIW Jambo is a corruption of Jam Tart, rhyming slang for Heart. Hearts fans in Scotland are universally known as Jambos, amongst other things. [/B][/QUOTE]

...... are you gonna tell them what other things.... or shall we wait to see if any Hibees :tosser: :ban: are brave enough to show their (ugly) faces :cry: on here???

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
... and by the way

Skintagain 1983 .....

I used to be plain "Skintagain" :angel: :angel: :angel: (since being hammered by the CSA) :cry: but got tecchied out of NSC and had to re-register..... :angry:

Homage to 1983 cup run (we were there) and being skint ever since being a student in Dundee ... :nono: I'm still hunting down Gordon Smith!!!!

... And Smith Must Score :goal:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here