Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the origin of your name?

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
nickname at school and beyond. Although I started off as mini Padders because I had an older brother.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Skintagain 1983 said:
FWIW Jambo is a corruption of Jam Tart, rhyming slang for Heart. Hearts fans in Scotland are universally known as Jambos, amongst other things.

...... are you gonna tell them what other things.... or shall we wait to see if any Hibees :tosser: :ban: are brave enough to show their (ugly) faces :cry: on here???

:angel: :angel: :angel: [/B][/QUOTE]

:wave:

Actually I'm not a Hibee (promise), although I do live near Easter Road.

Name based on a lighters-in-the-air Proclaimers song, largely to wind up Jambos, because that's easy and fun.

:)

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
i can't think where I got mine from

:D

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mr C you so should've been called Repton, that as a username kicks arse :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You are such a liar Trotster. Anyway, there's no reason for my name (it came to me in a dream but I've come in a dream before).

Depending on a decsion that is out of my hands it may change aroun August or September.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
my surnames bradley my mates call me bradders , they mispelt it at the club shop so i became braders

as for the number , i dunno ,prob be something new next week!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Bit obvious really, I just couldn't think of anything else at the time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have been known to drink in the Burrell Arms from time to time.

Briefly changed my name to Blackadder. People still called me Buzza so I changed back!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Perseus (in Greek mythology), a hero, the son of Zeus and Danae (a mortal). He killed Medusa the Gorgon* and rescued and married Andromeda, who had been held captive by the sea-monster Cetus.

(* Medusa and the nimbys)

Actually, I thought up the name during a shower of meteors from the contellation Perseus (at least that's what it said on the news).

Back in the early nineties, me and a mate used to organise raves under the pseudonym 'MC Ferret & the Fatbadger'. We were neither one nor the other, but both at the same time - sometimes I would be the Fatbadger and sometimes I would be MC Ferret. But I always kinda liked the fatbadger handle, and it stuck.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
perseus said:
Perseus (in Greek mythology), a hero, the son of Zeus and Danae (a mortal). He killed Medusa the Gorgon* and rescued and married Andromeda, who had been held captive by the sea-monster Cetus.

clash of the titans yeah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here