Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the GRIMEST town/city you've visited for Football?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Middlesbrough was a dump and have to go with the general sentiment on Luton.

I agree with Leeds - it's not a particularly grim place - but it's always somewhere where I feel I'm going to get attacked.

My nomination is Oldham: an ugly football stadium in the middle of urban desolation.

As for the person who said Bradford, he/she needs to get out more - Valley Parade has heaps of pubs within a 10 minute walk of the ground, more curry houses than anyone could need. A lovely park for a pre-match stroll just five minutes away and some fine Victorian architecture to admire. Bradford is near the top of my list for the best away experience in fact.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oldham

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
a lot of people seem to be getting "town" and "ground" mixed up. Port vale is not a place, it's in Burslem. Chesterfield is a relatively pleasant Market town. Top 5 grimmest would have to be Burnley, oldham, Luton, Bradford, gillingham, though they are all away trips I enjoy, with the exception of gillingham.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
nobody said Barnsley yet??? It's surely one of the most deprived area's in the country...an absolute mare for an away fan; unfriendly locals, shocking pub for the away fans (in a leisure centre) and an all round shit-tip!!

To compound my misery I went to watch Charlton play there last season as a neutral (obviously) and the result was 0-0. Possibly the worst game i've ever seen!

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Burnley.

End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here