Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the GRIMEST town/city you've visited for Football?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Because we don't specify Tottenham as a place, we all class it simply as "London", which has countless attractions. Pre-match: go drinking elsewhere in the smoke, then head to the Lane.

Hmm. I agree, you have to be BRAVE to drink in Tottenham, before a game. :clap:

Just ask Bushy...... :p :lol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Never used them tbh. But tottenham in general, has to be worse than f***ing Sheffield, Doncaster and Hull.

The walk from Seven Sisters to White Hart Lane is an absolute disaster zone, utter shit tip. But when you actually get there, it's all good! The burger vans are epic, absolutely epic. I couldn't believe the one just outside the entrance to the away end, it was SUPERB. I didn't even detect any spit or anything.

B-Rad

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
defiantely luton in the middle of that 'housing' estate, rotherham when they played at mill moor was grim. tranmere i thought was fine, crewe isnt bad(the walk from the station to the ground anyway), stockport in december was horrible, if not for the freezing temperature but the result.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The walk from Seven Sisters to White Hart Lane is an absolute disaster zone, utter shit tip. But when you actually get there, it's all good! The burger vans are epic, absolutely epic. I couldn't believe the one just outside the entrance to the away end, it was SUPERB. I didn't even detect any spit or anything.

I agree. For an Away fan the walk between 7S's and WHL is a 'mare, but there's about 10 bus's an hour going up the High Road, and 4 trains an Hour, so it's all good.:bigwave:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Birkenhead, although redeemed by being a £4 cab ride from Liverpool centre.

Hartlepool is friendly enough, but f***ing depressing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haven't been there in years, but last time I went, Middlesbrough's stadium appeared to be in a pretty uninspiring area of a generally ugly and depressing industrial waste-town.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Milton Keynes as a town centre was absolute toilet, not grim in the true sense of the word but the whole place seems to try too hard. Around Loftus road with the housing estate doesn't seem the most inviting place.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is there a team which plays in Thornton Heath?

I have visited there, and it was as a pre-cursor to taking in a football match at a nearby football stadium, I forget the name but it was decrepit old hovel.

So it fits the criteria, yes :salute:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Haven't been there in years, but last time I went, Middlesbrough's stadium appeared to be in a pretty uninspiring area of a generally ugly and depressing industrial waste-town.

I agree, also somewhere where you walk through a scrap yard to get to the away end :shootself:just can not think of the place though

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
what no Port Vale or Grimsby from anyone yet...?!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Middlesbrough - how did I forget?! Glad they went down. Best thing about 'Boro away is the cheap pub outside Darlington Station.:drink:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Luton

Although some parts of Coventry aren't the nicest of places to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here