Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's The Furtheset North In Britain You Have Been?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Carlisle. Following Brighton, obviously.

Must get to Scotland some day though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
RAF Kinloss,NATO exercise in the '70's.Ernest didn't look hard enough in Perth for his full ENGLISH-plenty of pubs/hotels SeRvinG it,with EXTRA sausage available.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Carlisle went to watch the Albion and Aspinall scored the winner and did a sliding celebration right in front of us!

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Hampden Park for Dundee United v Celtic Scottish Cup Final.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Just about everywhere up there for work. Lerwick on Shetland, Stromness on Orkney, Kinlochbervie on the west side and Thurso on the East (quick trips to Cape Wrath and Dunnett Head). Just about every island on the Inner and Outer Hebrides.

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Kirkwall in Orkney. Wasnt particulary enamoured with the place, maybe because the weather was miserable, everything was grey and there was dog shit everywhere.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Not so north for me but have been a handful of times. I've been to Leeds and Blackpool, Leeds was surprising alright but Blackpool was everything I thought it would be.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I lived in Elgin for nearly 3 years, during which we visited the Shetland Islands. Beautiful place with plenty of interesting historical sites.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Most northerly for me was a day trip to Orkney which I found a fascinating place, Kirkwall, Stromness, Scapa Flow, the Churchill Barrier, Italian Chapel, Skara Brae and the stone circles (can't remember their name).

Spent a week in Orkney last year and loved it, although the guide at Highland Park distillery warned us that Orkney had two seasons: winter and July. We were there in August. He wasn't wrong: it was wintry enough one day that the ferry back to Scotland was suspended.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Glasgow , for a day out when staying on holiday at my mum's home in Stranraer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here