Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's The Furtheset North In Britain You Have Been?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
If you look at the worst parts of any town/city you will come up with this predictable 'uneducated' * comment.

Glasgow is a fine city with the best Victorian Architecture in the UK. From an 'Arts' point of view, it is way ahead of most places in the UK, having Scotland's National Orchestra, Opera and ballet and some of the very finest museums you could encounter anywhere.

*PS. my comment is not meant in an offensive way but just to point out there is more to anywhere/anything than just what appears on the surface.' Perhaps I should have said 'unenlightened'

yes,i found cardiff a very nice city to visit,like anywhere good & bad

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Never made it further than Buckie visiting some friends - wanted to get over to the Shetlands but the weather closed in and our time ran out

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Fort George, just northeast of Inverness. Had a bit of a tour of Scotland this summer.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Shetlands,very bleak in winter.Was based in Rosyth, just north of Edinburgh for 6 years,when I was in the Navy, don't know who i pissed off to keep getting sent there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Aberdeen

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Dundee. Home of marmalade and DC Comics and the burial place of Billy McKenzie from the Associates.

There is a big statue of Desperate Dan in the city centre.

_45572363_danstatue_ruff3.jpg

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
:thumbsup::lolol:

Drove passed the footie ground on a family holiday to Edinburgh.

I seem to remember seeing the Skids at Sussex Uni many many years ago.

How is Jet doing these days ?

to be honest,don't think he'll be back on the skins anytime soon,just turned 74 a couple of weeks ago,really hope i'm wrong

loved the b side to into the valley,albert tatlock,meg mortimer,takes you back eh!

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Thurso, travelling around the country on cheap student rail fares in the late '80's. BR had an annual promotion called "fabulous February Fares" where for one month only it was £12 return to anywhere with a student railcard. So clearly it was important to get the most out of it by going to Thurso one weekend then Penzance the next. Thurso was very dull, but only spent about an hour there and saw wonderful snow-covered scenery on the way. Have visited the highlands and hebrides properly since, mind. Orkney is very much on the must visit list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here