Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's The Furtheset North In Britain You Have Been?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arundel.
Shirley any further north is a different country.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Ullapool in Scotland. My mum's partner's mum's partner owns a cottage up there so went to stay for a week. Very nice scenery and some great food!

Dunnet Head which is near John O'Groats but slightly more northern.

I believer that Dunnet's Head is geographically the northernmost point of mainland Britain, John 'o Groats is the nearest settlement. It is a dump, been there. Most northerly for me was a day trip to Orkney which I found a fascinating place, Kirkwall, Stromness, Scapa Flow, the Churchill Barrier, Italian Chapel, Skara Brae and the stone circles (can't remember their name). We sure got our moneys worth!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
trondheim. at christas. very cold!

if we're talking uk though, inverness.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I believer that Dunnet's Head is geographically the northernmost point of mainland Britain, John 'o Groats is the nearest settlement. It is a dump, been there. Most northerly for me was a day trip to Orkney which I found a fascinating place, Kirkwall, Stromness, Scapa Flow, the Churchill Barrier, Italian Chapel, Skara Brae and the stone circles (can't remember their name). We sure got our moneys worth!

We stayed at Thurso so could see Orkney, but went to Dunnet Head on the way to John O'Groats. It was more interesting watching the birdlife than the dump at J O'G, I agree.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Glasgow and it was a shit hole.

If you look at the worst parts of any town/city you will come up with this predictable 'uneducated' * comment.

Glasgow is a fine city with the best Victorian Architecture in the UK. From an 'Arts' point of view, it is way ahead of most places in the UK, having Scotland's National Orchestra, Opera and ballet and some of the very finest museums you could encounter anywhere.

*PS. my comment is not meant in an offensive way but just to point out there is more to anywhere/anything than just what appears on the surface.' Perhaps I should have said 'unenlightened'

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here