Votes: 47 50.5%

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Unfortunately, one that features a lot of inbreeding, low-lifes and chavs.
And you.

There ought to be culling.

Wouldn't go as far as the culling, but I am in total agreement about the inbreeding...this country needs to adopt a policy that forces everyone to marry someone who wasn't born here, thus adding depth to the genetic pool!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Horsham is a great town which i am paying a visit to next Saturday.

I don't live there but it is my favourite town in Sussex with some excellent pubs, three microbreweries and Sussex CCC's friendliest venue.

Pity it so close to Crawley but on the whole there is a lack of chav things to do so they stay out of the place.......

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am with you on that - but I would like to pick a mixed-race of a Brazillian/Scandanavian/Asian bird. :p

That would be a stunning mix...smallish, blonde haired and with a Samba-like rythmn...the possiblities would be endless!!!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I don't live there but it is my favourite town in Sussex with some excellent pubs, three microbreweries and Sussex CCC's friendliest venue.

Spot on quote mate,
Excellent pubs,love the cricket ground and your right about the chavs,although its close to Crawley there are hardly any to be seen.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Absolutley gobsmacked this is so close!! The Heath pisses all over Buggers Hole in my view. Have visited both quite a lot over the last few years and Burgess Hill is truly horrid. Haywards Heath quite nice. Really poles apart.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Haywards Heath is so great that it's best school upped sticks and moved south! HH now only has one secondary school which is low down in the rankings but BH has three good ones.

Leisure wise, BH is far ahead of HH. It also has far superior pubs although HH has a clutch of better bars. However, that is merely by design of the local authority.

It has to be said that HH is blessed with Dodge City, the flat roof council estate which is falling down and is the worst you are ever likely to see. Tesco's beats Sainsbury if only on price and it's a damn quicker to get to Withdean/Falmer from BH than it is from HH.

I believe Mickey Adams (the legendary one rather than the last one) lived in BH as did God (zamora). HH boast FDM who, whilst a good keeper, only parks on double yellows in the middle of town.

At the end of the day, if you're going to do a pub crawl, you do it in BH.

BH = Weald, Woolpack, Brewers, Railway, Top House, Junction, Watermill, Windmill, Kings Head, Jacobs Post (Hogshead) and the Potters.

HH = Burrell, Heath, the Star and that one down America Lane (used to be the Pilgrim). The Dolphin is a glorified restaurant, as is the Fox and Hounds. Hayworth closed, Ugly Duck closed, The Sussex now a carpet shop.

Nuff said.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Out the two I have had better days/nites out in BHill than HH. So that gets my vote.

Plus HH is full of prententious wankers/pointlessly posh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here