Votes: 46 49.5%
  • Burgess Hill

Votes: 47 50.5%

• Total voters

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Anyplace that has the least/lesser council estates, is the better.

Britain has a fourth class nowadays - upper, middle, lower, and total scum - which pervade council estates.

I think you might find that the title "total scum" knows nothing of class boundaries...for what it is worth, many of the best people I have ever known either live or have lived in council housing.

I always judge a place by how the people are, not the conditions they live in, hence I am happy to live in Gloucester but would never want to live just 8 miles down the road in Cheltenham.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
not much of a choice , HH by a small margin.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Anyplace that has the least/lesser council estates, is the better.

Britain has a fourth class nowadays - upper, middle, lower, and total scum - which pervade council estates.

are you medically certified as being a clueless wanker?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
PERVADE council estates means that there is a high concentration of chavscum - if you lot want to deny it I will have to find some nice challenges of wonderful estates you can prance through in your best finery.

Face it - where else are they likely to live?

Yeah, point taken, some of the most challenging people live in social housing...otherwise known as council estates...but to tar everyone who lives there with the same brush is somewhat judgemental (and complete and utter bollocks) if you don't mind me saying!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I agree with that view because I had a pub there for 5 years and spent most of the time throwing out youngsters high on drugs and the not so young or refusing to serve them for being under age. The problem is that in a lot of cases mummy or daddy has loads of money and just give their offspring money to go out if they are entertaining and do not want them at home.
What pub did you run BG,i remember a pub there in the mid eighties called The Horseshoe or might of been The Three Horseshoes,which was one of the worst pubs in Sussex.
It was as rough as fcuk,full of unsavoury characters and punch ups a plenty.

Yeah, point taken, some of the most challenging people live in social housing...otherwise known as council estates...but to tar everyone who lives there with the same brush is somewhat judgemental (and complete and utter bollocks) if you don't mind me saying!

I don't tar "everyone that lives there with the same brush", but I'll tell you what - you choose a lovely town with loads of acres of council estate because they are not all chavscum, and like I said - I'll head for places with the least council estate area..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What pub did you run BG,i remember a pub there in the mid eighties called The Horseshoe or might of been The Three Horseshoes,which was one of the worst pubs in Sussex.
It was as rough as fcuk,full of unsavoury characters and punch ups a plenty.

I ran the Silver Horseshoes from 1995 until 2000. My boss bought it off Peter the owner in 1995 and complelely re vamped it. We were very succesful there and made it the busiest pub in the town by a long way. I left and moved to Burgess Hill when my boss sold his company to London Inns in 2000/01.

During my 5 years we had 1 punch up because I wouldnt allow the so called local hard men to run my pub. If they did what they were told and behaved well they were welcome if not they should leave immediately. It worked but I couldnt do it again now as I am now to old to take any hassle.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't tar "everyone that lives there with the same brush", but I'll tell you what - you choose a lovely town with loads of acres of council estate because they are not all chavscum, and like I said - I'll head for places with the least council estate area..

What planet are you living on?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I ran the Silver Horseshoes from 1995 until 2000. My boss bought it off Peter the owner in 1995 and complelely re vamped it. We were very succesful there and made it the busiest pub in the town by a long way. I left and moved to Burgess Hill when my boss sold his company to London Inns in 2000/01.

During my 5 years we had 1 punch up because I wouldnt allow the so called local hard men to run my pub. If they did what they were told and behaved well they were welcome if not they should leave immediately. It worked but I couldnt do it again now as I am now to old to take any hassle.

It must of been the same place,if you were travelling up from Chichester heading north it was on the left hand side.When i was talking mid eighties it was probably 1983/4ish,we were re-fitting the local Londis shop which was opposite and used to pop in there at lunchtime.In them days it was lively to say the least.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thats the same pub after my boss sold his company London Inns went broke and it is now a pizza express or similar. I took over in October 1995 after my operation for cancer and left in June 2001.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Thats the same pub after my boss sold his company London Inns went broke and it is now a pizza express or similar. I took over in October 1995 after my operation for cancer and left in June 2001.

Well that is a coincidence.
That pub in them days used to be so out of character with the rest of the town.When you drive through the High Street it looks so picture postcard but that was a real rough boozer.At least you could say you played your part in turning its fortunes around BG.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Kuipers lives in Haywards Heath.

Enough said:thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Burgess Hill for this reason and this reason alone.

Attachments

• Burgess Hill Golf.jpg
    Burgess Hill Golf.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 124

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here