Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do to the people who did that to the dog on page 6 of the Sun ?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
caz99 said:
thanks for that i think thats really informative.

i think there is a bit of a difference with what goes on here and a group of mini pyschopaths stringing a dog up for fun.

Exactly. Some mini pyschopaths who do this to animals go on to become big pyscopaths who will do anything to anyone.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Gilliver's Travels said:
No, you're being invited to consider how selection of news stories by editors working for malevolent proprietors can shape and distort the priorities and world-view of simple, easily led, stupid people.

Do you think Murdoch picked this story himself as a deflection from other more important stories? Of course he didn't. It's a gruesome story that happened in this country, I would be astonished if they didn't publish it.

20 people may have died in a Japanese bus crash, 18 people may have died in a Colombian building fire, but do you really expect stories like that to get more coverage than this one? What would papers look like if they did?

The earthquake in Pakistan/India, didn't get as much coverage in the Sun as Beckham's son being ill. Now you can see that as a great media conspiracy that goes right to the top with Murdoch. You can see it as a Macheveliian attempt to get people to view the world in a particular way. But I see it this way - like it or not the great British public are more interested in Beckham's son being ill than they are in 20,000 people dying on the sub-continent. If they were intersted in that unfolding tragedy they could have brought a broadsheet with much better coverage of it, but as usual most people will buy the Sun.

Now whose fault is that?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
HampshireSeagulls said:
Yep - worked in them. If you think cows are cleaned in a "fun-loving" way Grendel, then you are wrong.

I wasn't implying that people go round swapping tales of the imaginative ways in which they've slain a beast, whilst supping a can of lager. Just that they aren't very nice places. Personally, I don't think stirring somethings brain around with a stick is the nicest thing in the world.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bhaexpress said:
My old man had a big old friendly dalmation that he loved to death
The RSPCA take a dim view on beastiality as well, I gather.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Easy 10 said:
The RSPCA take a dim view on beastiality as well, I gather.

Yes, I know but I gather that as long as it's done behind closed doors and they were both consenting adults (which they were) it's legal :lolol:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Uncle Spielberg said:
Oh sorry GT I thought I was doing a thread discussing this act and you seem to have gone off on a totally different agenda. Sorry for being " simple , easily led and stupid " apologies.

It's okay, Gareth. IMHO, horrible that it was, this doggy tale is really only a local rag story. Not somehow of huge national significance.

Murdoch is the one with the agenda, which is to distort people's perspective of what is important. So his nasty, right-wing politics are insulated by showbiz, soaps, football and plugs for Sky Sports. He relies on his readership being too stupid to realise they are being shortchanged.

Seems to be working...

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
DJ Leon said:
The earthquake in Pakistan/India, didn't get as much coverage in the Sun as Beckham's son being ill......

If they were intersted in that unfolding tragedy they could have brought a broadsheet with much better coverage of it, but as usual most people will buy the Sun.

Now whose fault is that?
I quite agree, and Murdoch has helped bring that about. When you look at the front page of the Sun's website, it makes you wonder how people on NSC can sneer at dumb Americans...

Take a look here

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
it wouldn't suprise me if the Sun did it to make a decent bit of publicity to sell a few more papers.

how come they got such well lit good quality photos ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Maybe it was suicide...

A mate of mine convinced his girlfriend that there had been a spate of badger suicides recently. She was devastated.

He also told her that Alan Hansen has been in a wheelchair for 5 years which is why you never see him stood up.

heh

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Gilliver's Travels said:
I quite agree, and Murdoch has helped bring that about. When you look at the front page of the Sun's website, it makes you wonder how people on NSC can sneer at dumb Americans...

Take a look here

I'm not sure how much Murdoch is to blame for that though. Hasn't it been that way for about 25 years? Isn't this what people want to read? I think the only time the Sun is saying anything politically is when they plaster it on the front page and say this great; this is bad; vote Labour/Tory etc. I don't think that the stories they choose to cover has much to do with Murdoch's political agenda.

Look at reality television too, celebrity magazines like Heat etc, they've got nothing to do with political agendas, they're feeding people's obsession with the trivial and unimportant. There is an argument that says that it's the media leading us and not the other way round, but I'm not so sure.

Race said:
Exactly. Some mini pyschopaths who do this to animals go on to become big pyscopaths who will do anything to anyone.
That's spot on,Thomson and Venables,the two scumbags that murdered poor little James Bulger did exactly the same thing to a cat a few days before abducting James.If you can be this wicked to an animal you can be just as wicked to a human,lethal injection could be the only answer for these sad bullys.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
All animals have a soul, its just human ignorance that makes us think ours is more important !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here