Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do to the people who did that to the dog on page 6 of the Sun ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've also seen cows hung and bled to death so that people can enjoy a big fat meal, so that picture doesn't hit me all that hard. Yeah it's horrible, but just because it probably had a name doesn't make me want to mourn.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
brighton_b0y said:
how can people joke about such a thing. Im not a dog lover, but an animal cannot defend itself against such acts. I really can't imagine what would drive a kid to do this. You may laugh but its kids like this that have an inbalenced mental state that will probably end up being a danger to society in the future.:angry: id love to catch the little gutttless !!!!!

How do you know it was kids?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
sorry I can't differentiate, cruelty is cruelty and I don't see it being less of a problem because it's an animal rather than a human.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
They're lucky it wasn't this guy!

18836.jpg

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Uncle Spielberg said:

What would you do to the people who did that to the dog on page 6 of the Sun ?

Do not open page 6 of the Sun, I just have and feel physically sick. I am a great Dog lover and this photo turned my stomach. Personally I would hang the people. Some people say Human live is much more important than an animal, I disagree. The people who did this should die, pure and simple.

Is an animals life sacred ?, you say.

Anyway do not open this page if of a sensitive nature.

You're right, Gareth. Murder and torture of an animal is clearly wrong. But that's enough about foxhunting.

So, let's get the Sun-reading logic straight here. People who murder animals should themselves be murdered?

How about people who murder people? Did the Sun show gruesome pictures of the 40,000 innocent people murdered in Falluja last year? Oh sorry, that was done by Americans, and I think Mr Murdoch is American, isn't he?

Yes, torturing that dog was wrong. But the Sun picks up on that as a sensational titillating story, instead of drawing its readers' attention to the war crimes routinely committed by the adopted country of its billionaire, Bliar-sponsoring proprietor.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Meade

The Cows which we eat are hopefully killed in a humane way not strung up , terrified out of its wits and totally defenceless and then chokes and struggles for air for 15 minutes as the nosse tightens around its throat and its legs thrash out for the ground whilst the people probably crack open a can of stella and laugh.

Not quite the same in my book.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Grendel said:
How do you know it was kids?
thought someone mentioned it was and as i don't read the Sun cannot clarify. Apologies.

Kids, Adults Aliens they still need their f***ing head checking.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS I open a thread about a dog killing and somehow we are directled to the war in Iraq.

:lolol: :shootself

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Uncle Spielberg said:
Meade

The Cows which we eat are hopefully killed in a humane way not strung up , terrified out of its wits and totally defenceless and then chokes and struggles for air for 15 minutes as the nosse tightens around its throat and its legs thrash out for the ground whilst the people probably crack open a can of stella and laugh.

Not quite the same in my book.

You've never been to an abbatoir, have you?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I blame the dog killing on Bush and Blair.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
My old man had a big old friendly dalmation that he loved to death, it was a sweet animal. I'd go for a public flogging and would be perfectrly happy to wield the whip. I'd make them a 'cat' lover instead.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, have you ?. ???

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Uncle Spielberg said:
FFS I open a thread about a dog killing and somehow we are directled to the war in Iraq.

:lolol: :shootself

No, you're being invited to consider how selection of news stories by editors working for malevolent proprietors can shape and distort the priorities and world-view of simple, easily led, stupid people.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: What would you do to the people who did that to the dog on page 6 of the Sun ?

Gilliver's Travels said:
You're right, Gareth. Murder and torture of an animal is clearly wrong. But that's enough about foxhunting.

So, let's get the Sun-reading logic straight here. People who murder animals should themselves be murdered?

How about people who murder people? Did the Sun show gruesome pictures of the 40,000 innocent people murdered in Falluja last year? Oh sorry, that was done by Americans, and I think Mr Murdoch is American, isn't he?

Yes, torturing that dog was wrong. But the Sun picks up on that as a sensational titillating story, instead of drawing its readers' attention to the war crimes routinely committed by the adopted country of its billionaire, Bliar-sponsoring proprietor.

I think Murdoch is Australian.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Grendel said:
You've never been to an abbatoir, have you?

I have, in Spain, the vet's happened to be in the same block of buildings and the dog I took was fecking terrified as was I when I saw a bull suspended with it's legs strapped apart and it's throat spewing blood. It's the best way to get beef to taste good apparently. Probably goes some way to explaining why meat tastes better on the continent as I don't think animals are slaughtered that way in the UK.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh sorry GT I thought I was doing a thread discussing this act and you seem to have gone off on a totally different agenda. Sorry for being " simple , easily led and stupid " apologies.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Uncle Spielberg said:
No, have you ?. ???

Yep - worked in them. If you think cows are cleaned in a "fun-loving" way Grendel, then you are wrong. The abbatoirs are checked on a regular, no-notice basis, and all sorts of laws and regulations have to be adhered to. If not, you are shut down. If have seen houses shut down for poor paperwork, poor hygiene and poor H&S - but the most common reason for a lock on the door is because the animals are not being treated in the way that they book says. An abbatoir can be delicenced for breaches which involve animal welfare.

The cattle are shot with a captive bolt gun, which destroys the front part of the brain. They are not killed by this. A stick is put through the hole, and the brain is stirred to stop all brain activity. It's only after this that they are put on the hooks for bleeding out and cutting down. The cows may still twitch as the muscular responses carry on, despite there being no brain activity. In addition to this, some houses use high voltage stunners to knock the animal out. It's only when the house is being used for certain religious food that the animal is treated differently, and the rules and regulations are maintained under the religious guidelines in addition to government regs. Whilst some of these kills look messy, they are quick and humane (as humane as possible).

At no stage is an animal strung up by the neck until it's dead, or arterially cut for bleeding out whilst alive.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
HampshireSeagulls said:
Yep - worked in them. If you think cows are cleaned in a "fun-loving" way Grendel, then you are wrong. The abbatoirs are checked on a regular, no-notice basis, and all sorts of laws and regulations have to be adhered to. If not, you are shut down. If have seen houses shut down for poor paperwork, poor hygiene and poor H&S - but the most common reason for a lock on the door is because the animals are not being treated in the way that they book says. An abbatoir can be delicenced for breaches which involve animal welfare.

The cattle are shot with a captive bolt gun, which destroys the front part of the brain. They are not killed by this. A stick is put through the hole, and the brain is stirred to stop all brain activity. It's only after this that they are put on the hooks for bleeding out and cutting down. The cows may still twitch as the muscular responses carry on, despite there being no brain activity. In addition to this, some houses use high voltage stunners to knock the animal out. It's only when the house is being used for certain religious food that the animal is treated differently, and the rules and regulations are maintained under the religious guidelines in addition to government regs. Whilst some of these kills look messy, they are quick and humane (as humane as possible).

At no stage is an animal strung up by the neck until it's dead, or arterially cut for bleeding out whilst alive.

thanks for that i think thats really informative.

i think there is a bit of a difference with what goes on here and a group of mini pyschopaths stringing a dog up for fun.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
HampshireSeagulls said:

Please don't stir my brain and call it humane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here