Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you change about the stadium (and site) if it could be done over again?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What would I change? Move the whole thing to Waterhall with decent access roads off the A27/A23 and a parkway station on the London/Brighton line.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
As I understand it the maximum expansion is about 28,000? Think we might need about 10000 more than that in a few years time...

current planning application is to increse capacity to 30,750. Don't know where you got your 28K from?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Much bigger stands behind the goal. Happy, no scratch that, delighted with everything else. The North and South really let it down at the moment. Should look much better when all the works are finished though but still would have been great to have it twice the depth.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
current planning application is to increse capacity to 30,750. Don't know where you got your 28K from?

thanks for that... not sure if it will ne enough thought if Gus and Tony's dreams come true

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Terracing, not seats, on the North Stand. (Not going to happen).

Ditch the choreographed build-up before the game – except the film which finishes "Stooooreeeeeeerrrrrr!!!!", which gives me goose bumps every time I see it.

Other than that, once it's finished, I wouldn't swap it for any stadium in the world. Not because I think it's better than anything else, but because it's ours, and after what we've been through, there's no more important statement than that. I really don't give a f*** what away fans think – they're only coming once, perhaps twice a season anyway. Those of us who go every other week are the only ones whose opinions really matter, because the club needs us to keep coming back.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
thanks for that... not sure if it will ne enough thought if Gus and Tony's dreams come true

couldn't agree more. If we do establish ourselves in prem, as is the plan/dream, would need a min. of 40k to cover players wages/transfer fees to keep us there for years.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Haven't read it all.

Has anyone said put lifts to WSU,and opera glasses behind the seats ?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I still just gaze at the magnificence of it. I do think some cosmetic changes would enhance it further. As someone said, a false ceiling un Dicks. Some painting of concrete. Some more 'shelves' to put your pint on when munching pies.
I would love escalators up to to WSU.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The Arena in Amsterdam has a car park under the stadium. Not used for matchday parking but as a Park and Ride for the City Centre as there is an adjoining tram/metro station. The Amex would have been perfect for this with its road, rail and bus links and could have been the recipient of all year round revenue.

Nice idea but the stadium is set three storeys down into the ground. 138,000 cubic metres of chalk was excavated for its construction, which was put on the field on the south side of Village Way. This has been estimated to prevent 20,000 lorry trips taking the chalk to landfill.[/

BTW, Monaco's ground is built on top of a shopping centre and blocks of flats.............

It presently has a capacity of approximately 18,500 all seated, which is quite large relative to the population of Monaco (about 30,500); it can seat almost two-thirds of the country's population, a feat no other stadium can boast. The vast majority of the stadium's facilities are located underground, with a large car park directly under the pitch

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I still just gaze at the magnificence of it. I do think some cosmetic changes would enhance it further. As someone said, a false ceiling un Dicks. Some painting of concrete. Some more 'shelves' to put your pint on when munching pies.
I would love escalators up to to WSU.

we asked about escalators . appraently they would take up too much room compared to stairs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Has anyone hilariously mentioned "sporks" yet?

I would say a bigger North is the only thing I'd really want to see once the new seats go in. If the north was a decent sized home kop, and the ground held about 33,000 I reckon we'd have the BEST ground in the league bar none.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Shutters on the away end so when we play the likes of Millwall, Pompey and Palace we can close them down and not have to see/here the oinks!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Wow! Amazing job, well done. Don't know if I'd want to lose the screen though.

As for myself, the only things I'd change are on the transport front. That's not to say our transport is bad (it's not, it's brilliant), but the ability to run shuttles between Brighton and Falmer would probably make a significant difference. I suppose the main issue there though isn't even the lack of siding, it's the line capacity and the fact that you couldn't add an "express" line due to the viaduct.

I've been told they haven't got any plans at the moment to fill the North corners in so had the North stand been steeper the screens could be moved to the corners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here