Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you change about the stadium (and site) if it could be done over again?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Typical NSC.

The OP starts with a question, and then the keyboard boys kick off, with the bretheren and sychophants following.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I really don't know how, given Albion's history, any Albion fan could possibly contribute to this thread without knowing what has gone on in the past 15 years or so. We are so lucky and, if it has to be said, the envy of most but remember the problems in finding a location and a suitable design, all that after submissions etc. etc.. Then they should consider what is done for them here.

Fair enough, those fans' of other clubs may see the Amex as less than their own particular ideal but, consider when reading their reviews, just what they are comparing to ! Please tell me which other ground in the Championship, or even how many in the Premiership you would wish to change to for the Amex.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Couldn't agree more...I absolutely love it. Catching the train to Falmer just builds the excitement ans anticipation....It's like going to the Cup Final every game.....and when you get there...the music mix and video leading up to GOSBTS...goose pimples.

A bit off-topic, and the video build up is superb - but why the faux-urban shout-out to "put your hands up for Brighton"? Makes me cringe a bit.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd switch the south and north stands so away fans are in the north. Having aways in the north would make sense as post-match they would not have to walk against Albion fans heading towards the PnR. The disabled facilities are more varied and better in the south, be nice for Albion supporters to have access to these. Also, new boxes are to be installed above the south and I'm guessing Albion supporters might prefer to be perched above their own instead of a load of opposing fans.

This could still be done though.

Not the worst idea in the world :moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But from next season the South Stand will be for Albion fans, as the away fans will be in the East and South-East corner, so anybody buying hospitality seats at that end will be above our support.

Okay. I presumed that they were still getting the whole of the south with the extra seats we will need to provide due to the increased capacity meaning they also got the SE corner plus a handful in the east. If the entire south is being handed back to Albion supporters then great.

If it is the case that away supporters are now solely in the east and SE corner it means the walk back to the station is even further though.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As I understand it the maximum expansion is about 28,000? Think we might need about 10000 more than that in a few years time...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
When the stadium is finished it will be... magnifigenc'e personified. No changes there then...but Guinness on sale in the bars is a must and get Bennetts field sorted out with the traffic...first it was a shambles...then they let the cars filter out which was great...oh! it's working, so we'd better go back to the old system and hold the cars back....when I left the Cardiff game I did not get home till 11.50pm,admittingly there were roadworks at Firle....but should've got home before that time for an 11 mile journey....50 odd cars burning fuel is not good,tempers flare if you don't let someone join the queue and if you do let them through the following cars expect to be let in as well...Jeez,we all want to get home...tried staying behind but there was still a queue...like a pint just like the next man but cannot drink because of driving.
Apart from that brilliant,having suffered every game at Gillingham this is paradise.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Much as I DO love our stadium... there's that shitty shopping centre in Hove that is all run-down and no one uses anymore. We could have built the stadium there. What's it called.... silver rock or something?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sell chips, obviously; & replace all Police & Stewards with Roller Girlz.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Much as I DO love our stadium... there's that shitty shopping centre in Hove that is all run-down and no one uses anymore. We could have built the stadium there. What's it called.... silver rock or something?

I think you'll find it's called George Street. :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd like to see the car park redeveloped as a bus park with dozens of shuttle buses doing a Brighton - Amex - Lewes - Amex - Brighton loop for a couple of hours either side of the game with additional space for as many taxis as wanted the business and some kind of dropping off point for people arriving by car.

One change that can STILL be made, and I'll promote it now;-

Put something up on the bare grey walls, perhaps from Albion's history. Bring some of the old to the new.

I'd suggest a mural of the Goldstone Ground, with floodlight gantrys, along the back of the East Stand.
Hang a few giant shirts bearing the names of our legends, or a couple of pictures strategically placed - on the wall above the North Stand.

Also at half-time, feature a crossbar challenge or a shots-from-the-half-way-line competition.
Bring out the old raffle board ("get that bloody board out of the way" a fan favourite, it's Albion tradition!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If I was designing the stadium again, I would probably slope the North stand a bit more like Reading, apart from that I think it great as it is.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
if the north was steeper and the corners were filled.. and if the seats go all the way round.

i have too much spare time (student) so tried this out to see what it would look like if there were seats.. wherever there could be

View attachment 30871

Wow! Amazing job, well done. Don't know if I'd want to lose the screen though.

As for myself, the only things I'd change are on the transport front. That's not to say our transport is bad (it's not, it's brilliant), but the ability to run shuttles between Brighton and Falmer would probably make a significant difference. I suppose the main issue there though isn't even the lack of siding, it's the line capacity and the fact that you couldn't add an "express" line due to the viaduct.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
P&R drop off and pick up points on both sides of A27 (with footbridge over from far side) to avoid all the congestion around the off ramp.

Fire the dumb steward who insists on loading one bus at a time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here