Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will the AMEX look like after expansion (literally)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I spoke to someone at the club an only the corners in south stand will be filled in. North stand will remain as it is, large access doors for ambulance etc.

This would make the home end smaller than the away end? not great

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
People are writing as if there has actually been a planning application for an expanded stadium that has been submitted to the City Council.

Not yet there hasn't.

Both planning applications for the ground expansion and a new training ground will be submitted at the end of this year i believe.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This would make the home end smaller than the away end? not great

We'll probably end up with something similar to the away section at Cardiff in the North Corners.
cardiff5.jpg

cardiff4.jpg

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Can the East stand top tier be put in place without the need to touch the roof? If so the heavy plant will need to come in from the North East corner to lift the steel and concrete into place, so the North East corner may be the last part of any expansion.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We'll probably end up with something similar to the away section at Cardiff in the North Corners.
cardiff5.jpg

cardiff4.jpg

Maybe we will switch home ends-or house the away fans in half of the East lower?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can the East stand top tier be put in place without the need to touch the roof? If so the heavy plant will need to come in from the North East corner to lift the steel and concrete into place, so the North East corner may be the last part of any expansion.

Very good point :thumbsup:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Not realistic as it will not be possible to to have seats in the North east corner due to emergency vehicle access, this will always be left open.

you could build it up i suppose, but you'd have to make a tunnel going from that portal to the pitch. but you could build around the tunnel

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I noticed the poor mistake as soon as i posted it :( bloody cowboy sign banner makers

merely a clerical error-will make no difference viewed from the West's Harveys (yes this has no comma)...drinkers..

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Just one more thought on this why couldn't they have actually built the infrastructure without installing the seats thus saving extra building costs.?

westy

Jul 25, 2003
East with corners and SW corner boxes, as requested.

Attachments

• East_Mock_up.jpg
    East_Mock_up.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 607

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here