Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will the AMEX look like after expansion (literally)

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I spoke to someone at the club an only the corners in south stand will be filled in. North stand will remain as it is, large access doors for ambulance etc.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
amextest.jpg

had a go with a mock up, just used the warp tool on photoshop also did the cladding in the south, albeit not very well and pretty quickly..

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Not realistic as it will not be possible to to have seats in the North east corner due to emergency vehicle access, this will always be left open.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
also if you actually look at that wireframe image, you can see in the north east corner, there is a visible gap left, i assume that is big enough for an ambulance/fire engine to get in/out of. think about it, you dont need a humongous gap for a relatively small vehicle to get in/out.

amexwire.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
View attachment 27621

had a go with a mock up, just used the warp tool on photoshop also did the cladding in the south, albeit not very well and pretty quickly..

That looks really good!
Their seem to be conflicting opinions as to whether the North corners can be filled in, would seem very odd to leave 2 enormous gaps for access when a smaller tunnel could remain in place?
[MENTION=20940]deletebeepbeep[/MENTION] where did you find out about the possibility of a small tier on the North?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
also if you actually look at that wireframe image, you can see in the north east corner, there is a visible gap left, i assume that is big enough for an ambulance/fire engine to get in/out of. think about it, you dont need a humongous gap for a relatively small vehicle to get in/out.

That makes sense, and is similar to how a lot of modern Stadia have access available!

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
How many rows do you think would be on the upper east? It goes up to row Z in the WSU but looking at the East stand in the stadium now I wouldn't have thought you could get that many rows fitted in, unless it overlaps the ESL. I hope they do put another tier on and fill the corners in because it definately looks unfinished

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How many rows do you think would be on the upper east? It goes up to row Z in the WSU but looking at the East stand in the stadium now I wouldn't have thought you could get that many rows fitted in, unless it overlaps the ESL. I hope they do put another tier on and fill the corners in because it definately looks unfinished

i think there is more space in there than there appears to be, the distance between the bottom of the WSU to the back of the WSU looks almost identical to the space left in the east, in fact when making that mock up, i did not have to resize that tier, its pretty much exactly the same as the WSU, i wouldnt be surprised if its actually exactly the same dimensions as the WSU.

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
man im bored, ok well this has the corner filled in, but with a large gap underneath the crowd, if you look carefully and zoom in, the difference in height between the stewards and the tunnel is massive, there is more than enough room for an ambulance to get in/out.

amexcorner.jpg

wow, time to go and get drunk...

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
man im bored, ok well this has the corner filled in, but with a large gap underneath the crowd, if you look carefully and zoom in, the difference in height between the stewards and the tunnel is massive, there is more than enough room for an ambulance to get in/out.

View attachment 27631

That looks great. Imagine the east stand with the second tier in that picture! :drool:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

View attachment 27631

quality , i think you should put the second tier on the east when you get in

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

View attachment 27631

View attachment 27621

absolutley loving the work you have done here mate as said in PM, yeah now go get drunk buddy :)

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

So what will the capacity be with all these changes? Also how many away fans do, say, Barcelona bring? Will we have enough room? Also will they be selling San Miguel on the away end?! Just some thoughts...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Was told by a guy that worked for Buckingham Group that the Upper East Tier would hold 4300, with the South corners filled 2400 and 1000 on the North West Corner. North East would be open to allow large equipment in and sets for concerts etc. When I looked at the North West corner, you can see the little kiosk or whatever it is sticking out at the side and even though it sticking out about 7-8 meters or so it is sloped so that the North stand can be brought out over it.

Info might not be 100% as I was told last year, but the North West was definately one of the corners he said "could" be filled.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Copied this from NSC last year:

Originally Posted by steward 433
Give us the whole pic then please Natterjack

10-12-2010 15:39 natterjack
If phase 2 plans were introduced, all four corners would have seating. The 2 South side terrace steps would be cast on the sloped concrete base (as SW corner is now). The 2 Northern sides would each have vehicular access, the main gated entrance to the pitch being the NE corner.

Originally Posted by cw00
so will each four corner look like the south west one, apart from the corner that is going to have the vehicle access.

19-11-2010 15:43 natterjack
South East and South West similar. North East and North West similar (ie no in-situ slope). If/when seats are introduced at a later date to the North side they would have to be supported pre-cast units I assume.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

View attachment 27631

Wow, enjoy your drinks and come back soon with the East Upper please!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here