• other

Votes: 29 16.0%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
algie said:
Oh, it's John Reid's government is it? Could have sworn it was Her Majesty's Government.

Thats the best you can come up with to John Reids flimsy plans?:lolol:Ouch lets not talk about the loopholes eh?
You only call them flimsy because of your obession with the opinion that Labour can do nothing right. You have no idea whether it is a good plan or not, you just sit behind your computer and slag them off. Neither you nor your party have ever come up with a workable solution to the large migration of people looking for work. Instead, your lot decided to label them 'illegal immigrants'.

Very helpful.

Incidentally, how has your life been affected by this *cough* 'tide of immigrants'? Have you suffered hardship at their hands? Is your job under threat? Is your way of life about to head down the sewer? Is your neighbourhood about to become a 'no-go area' run by Romanian gypsies? Go on, do tell - I'm interested.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Super Dave Cameron it is then :clap:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Why is everyone getting excited by this needless and pointless thread?

It is mid-term and governments are generally unpopular during mid-terms. The fact of the matter is that when people have to vote at general elections they think purely of the state of the economy - that is the reason why the Tories lost in 1997 and why they won in 87 & 92 and why Labour have won the last three elections.

Quite frankly anyone who says otherwise is a complete liar as people only think of themselves and their own pockets when voting and that is exactly the reason why the Tories will not win a general election until this country is in recession....

plus they are a bunch of old farts who still think that by cutting income tax by a couple of pence in the pound will win them votes - Same old Tories with a person with a more slappable face leading them to another election defeat!

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
supaseagull said:
Why is everyone getting excited by this needless and pointless thread?

It is mid-term and governments are generally unpopular during mid-terms. The fact of the matter is that when people have to vote at general elections they think purely of the state of the economy - that is the reason why the Tories lost in 1997 and why they won in 87 & 92 and why Labour have won the last three elections.

Quite frankly anyone who says otherwise is a complete liar as people only think of themselves and their own pockets when voting and that is exactly the reason why the Tories will not win a general election until this country is in recession....

plus they are a bunch of old farts who still think that by cutting income tax by a couple of pence in the pound will win them votes - Same old Tories with a person with a more slappable face leading them to another election defeat!

Nicely put but nah not this time, the country couldnt take another four years of this current administration, there would be riots my boy.

Education education education

NHS

Pensions

crime

Yobs

oh and the war although the conservatives would have taken the same stance.

Anyway what has improved over the last 10 years tell me!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Chicken Run said:
I think the person who mentioned office chat hit the nail on the head, apart from bods on here I genuanly dont know anyone who will vote Labour at the next election! sorry but it's going to happen and MOH,LI & TLO will all join Jim Davidson in the middle East on that famous Friday morning:lol:

Nothing wrong with voting Labour (although it would not make any difference around here) Yes mistakes have been made but the true overall vote catcher.....The economy.......has been steady since the Tories were kicked out of power. Would anyone realy want to go back to the shameful administration who's policies resulted in 16% interest rates? And do not be lulled into Camerons false promises of the Tories learning by their past mistakes......Just the mere fact of a change of Goverment will send shock waves through the economic chattering classes. When the chips are down the majority are more worried about the cost of living not immigration, chavs, and the like.

In response to one poster on here.......Better New Labour, New Danger than New Tories, no polices and gamble the economy!!!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Gullsworth said:
Nothing wrong with voting Labour (although it would not make any difference around here) Yes mistakes have been made but the true overall vote catcher.....The economy.......has been steady since the Tories were kicked out of power. Would anyone realy want to go back to the shameful administration who's policies resulted in 16% interest rates? And do not be lulled into Camerons false promises of the Tories learning by their past mistakes......Just the mere fact of a change of Goverment will send shock waves through the economic chattering classes. When the chips are down the majority are more worried about the cost of living not immigration, chavs, and the like.

In response to one poster on here.......Better New Labour, New Danger than New Tories, no polices and gamble the economy!!!!

But why would you reveal your polices so early for the other party to steal them?The Tories should do that near election time.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
But people are getting restless about a goverment that is just not listening, choosing to react when the headlines get to much, always long after an event and very rarely with their finger on the pulse.

You dont need the Daily Mail to point out that 'perception' of crime is getting out of control, even in places like Hove gangs of hooded youths seem to roam unchecked causing a general nusance late at night ok they may not be commiting serious crime, but the gradual rise in anti social behaviour is alarming many many people to the extent that they would rather be indoors and that creates a two tier existance in many areas that didnt have trouble before.

How many of us feel safe to get on a bus or a train after 10pm ? A few years ago most anti social behaviour could be controlled now there is no respect, a guy asks a kid to stop flinging chips at his wife and he is stabbed for his 'disrespect' and its not isolated incidents its growing like a plague that no longer just affects the unfortunate residents of the inner city its spreading everywhere at an unstopable pace.

Labours answer of Community Support Officers is a joke, how many of them do you see walking a beat at night ? The very measure that was brought in to curb anti social behaviour is as useful as a chocolate teapot, people are getting angry not just at the goverment, but about a country that seems to exist on two different levels after dark more and more another example of their arrogance.

Then there is Iraq and this percieved war on the muslim world, I have to say if I was a young British muslim I would be asking why my goverment continues to fight in Iraq after all the killing that has gone before it, no wonder some of the more vunerable are brainwashed into strapping explosives to themselves, its not going to stop either, its just another example of needless killing that was started by a Prime Minister who ignored the views of the general population.

Immigration is another calamity of their own making, most people welcome Eastern European immigrants, the jobs are here and they work hard, but no country can just open its doors to potentially millions of people, we just dont have the infrastructure to deal with that, property prices for first time buyers are out of many peoples reach so rented accomodation is the only answer, the mass influx of immigrants has pushed the price of rented accomodation in some areas to obsene levels, ordinary people who have never uttered a racist comment in their lives then become resentful because the quality of life deteriates for them. Yet again common sense dictates that if the goverment want to do this properly they have to build thousands of new homes, they wont do that, so no one should be surprised that people are starting to get restless, even a quality newspaper like the Guardian speculated a few weelks ago that a recent survey in Romania showed that 76% of the country would consider moving to somewhere else in Europe, its not the Romanians and Bulgarians that terrify Labour, its the 3-4 million Ukranians that could be just a few years away from hitting our shores and even the most staunch of pro immigration people must concede that this country is just not equiped for those sort of numbers, if you want it then the goverment must invest in housing, hospitals for that, yet again its the lack of common sense policy that pushes people to the far right.

Whether or not Cameron is the answer is an entirely different matter, but I have no doubt in my mind that he will be the winner as Labour lunge from one shambles to the next, its not as if people want to see miracles, they just want to see a bit of common sense unfortunately Labour lost that several years ago amidst the lies and spin over Iraq, its not just going to be a landslide, its going to be an inhillation.

coventrygull said:
They are very moderate compared to others on the far right.
The BNP have droped their forced repatriation policy and anti semetism.

Many on the far right see the BNP as selling out and are turning into the old conservative party

I dread to think of the websites/publications you still frequent! You come across as someone who seems to have got all that Nazi stuff out of your system but you still can't help having a sneaky look back, eh? :) Do you have a lot of mates/past acquaintances still master racing it away then?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Rougvie said:
But people are getting restless about a goverment that is just not listening, choosing to react when the headlines get to much, always long after an event and very rarely with their finger on the pulse.

You dont need the Daily Mail to point out that 'perception' of crime is getting out of control, even in places like Hove gangs of hooded youths seem to roam unchecked causing a general nusance late at night ok they may not be commiting serious crime, but the gradual rise in anti social behaviour is alarming many many people to the extent that they would rather be indoors and that creates a two tier existance in many areas that didnt have trouble before.

How many of us feel safe to get on a bus or a train after 10pm ? A few years ago most anti social behaviour could be controlled now there is no respect, a guy asks a kid to stop flinging chips at his wife and he is stabbed for his 'disrespect' and its not isolated incidents its growing like a plague that no longer just affects the unfortunate residents of the inner city its spreading everywhere at an unstopable pace.

Labours answer of Community Support Officers is a joke, how many of them do you see walking a beat at night ? The very measure that was brought in to curb anti social behaviour is as useful as a chocolate teapot, people are getting angry not just at the goverment, but about a country that seems to exist on two different levels after dark more and more another example of their arrogance.

Then there is Iraq and this percieved war on the muslim world, I have to say if I was a young British muslim I would be asking why my goverment continues to fight in Iraq after all the killing that has gone before it, no wonder some of the more vunerable are brainwashed into strapping explosives to themselves, its not going to stop either, its just another example of needless killing that was started by a Prime Minister who ignored the views of the general population.

Immigration is another calamity of their own making, most people welcome Eastern European immigrants, the jobs are here and they work hard, but no country can just open its doors to potentially millions of people, we just dont have the infrastructure to deal with that, property prices for first time buyers are out of many peoples reach so rented accomodation is the only answer, the mass influx of immigrants has pushed the price of rented accomodation in some areas to obsene levels, ordinary people who have never uttered a racist comment in their lives then become resentful because the quality of life deteriates for them. Yet again common sense dictates that if the goverment want to do this properly they have to build thousands of new homes, they wont do that, so no one should be surprised that people are starting to get restless, even a quality newspaper like the Guardian speculated a few weelks ago that a recent survey in Romania showed that 76% of the country would consider moving to somewhere else in Europe, its not the Romanians and Bulgarians that terrify Labour, its the 3-4 million Ukranians that could be just a few years away from hitting our shores and even the most staunch of pro immigration people must concede that this country is just not equiped for those sort of numbers, if you want it then the goverment must invest in housing, hospitals for that, yet again its the lack of common sense policy that pushes people to the far right.

Whether or not Cameron is the answer is an entirely different matter, but I have no doubt in my mind that he will be the winner as Labour lunge from one shambles to the next, its not as if people want to see miracles, they just want to see a bit of common sense unfortunately Labour lost that several years ago amidst the lies and spin over Iraq, its not just going to be a landslide, its going to be an inhillation.

fair enough but why vote tory, look what a state the country was in after they were in power

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
London Irish said:
I dread to think of the websites/publications you still frequent! You come across as someone who seems to have got all that Nazi stuff out of your system but you still can't help having a sneaky look back, eh? :) Do you have a lot of mates/past acquaintances still master racing it away then?

:wave: LI :D

Actually I don't think there is anything wrong with having an Interest in the far right past or present. I find it an interesting subject.

No I don't have any connections anymore and I gave up being a Nazi after I left the British Movement in 1980. I would have described myself as a Pro European fascist on the Mosley UM lines but a lot more radical :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
fair enough but why vote tory, look what a state the country was in after they were in power

but look at the state Labour have managed to get it into now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rookie said:
but look at the state Labour have managed to get it into now.

I am not a fan of Blair, but we have low inflation, significantly lower unemployment, an NHS in a better state than in a generation, and more money in our pockets than ever before.

On the other hand, the Iraqi war, emphasis on spin and the continual face of Simon Jordan in the press is pretty revolting.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
El Presidente said:
Ian NHS in a better state than in a generation,

not wishing to start an argument but no its not, its falling apart. Hospitals are closing the nurses are unhappy and the doctors are saying that its crap.

More money doesn't make a better health service all that they have done is install lots of needless managers to do some paperwork and make life harder on the front line for the real workers.

D

Deleted member 2719

Labour have well and truly F*cked up this country just like MM did for our team.

Why have people left the country and our team in droves because they could see the ship was sinking?

It's now down to the Tories and Dean Wilkins to mop up the mess behind those bulls*itting clueless fools.

:nono: :nono:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
El Presidente said:
I am not a fan of Blair, but we have low inflation, significantly lower unemployment, an NHS in a better state than in a generation, and more money in our pockets than ever before.

On the other hand, the Iraqi war, emphasis on spin and the continual face of Simon Jordan in the press is pretty revolting.

low inflation because Gordon Brown changed the way it was calculated, low unemployment ditto (people removed, and moved to incapacity benefit etc), the NHS in a better state - really?
More money taken out of our pockets than ever before in taxes.

Doesn't look so rosy to me.

Simon Jordan is a nobber too.

coventrygull said:
:wave: LI :D

Actually I don't think there is anything wrong with having an Interest in the far right past or present. I find it an interesting subject.

No I don't have any connections anymore and I gave up being a Nazi after I left the British Movement in 1980. I would have described myself as a Pro European fascist on the Mosley UM lines but a lot more radical :)

I can sort of see where you are coming from - I was involved in one of the (many) Trotskyist Fourth International groups in the late 1980s/early 1990s and I occasionally take at what's left of their press, although usually it's to shake my head about people still wasting their lives with sectarian dogma.

Many have gone on to do something very worthwhile though - for example, all of Ken Livingstone's lieutenants, ie. the guys now running London, are all my ex-FI contemporaries.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Mouldy Boots said:
It's now down to the Tories and Dean Wilkins to mop up the mess behind those bulls*itting clueless fools.

:nono: :nono:

What you mean like Blair and Dick Knight had to in '97 after Archer & Major were kicked out?

The Tories want us to get a new stadium as much as the LibDems do FFS! Have you not heard Geoffrey Theobald's view on this?

supaseagull said:
What you mean like Blair and Dick Knight had to in '97 after Archer & Major were kicked out?

The Tories want us to get a new stadium as much as the LibDems do FFS! Have you not heard Geoffrey Theobald's view on this?

...and didn't some of the Tories on Lewes District Council back the Lib Dems on their appeal? ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Buzzer said:
low inflation because Gordon Brown changed the way it was calculated, low unemployment ditto (people removed, and moved to incapacity benefit etc), the NHS in a better state - really?
More money taken out of our pockets than ever before in taxes.

Doesn't look so rosy to me.

Simon Jordan is a nobber too.

Inflation is lower, mainly because there is less political interference in the interest rate setting process. The RPI calculations have been changed by both parties, they are both as bad as one another in this regard.

Unemployment is lower than under the Tories, and by a significant amount. If you try to argue any differently then I would take issue with that. Again the data collection issues are a feature of both Labour and Tory interference.

The NHS will never be able to meet the needs of all that require its services. Medical inflation costs are running at about twice that of the rest of the economy, and by the time you factor in an ageing population this acts as a further drain on resources. There are substantially more doctors and nurses under Labour than the Tories, as well as extra administrators. Some administrators however do a very good job, and some are a waste of space. This is because all political parties are useless at addressing such issues.

Some taxes are higher under Labour, but given that interest payments are much lower, then the amount of operational gearing that most earners have has in fact fallen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here