• other

Votes: 29 16.0%

• Total voters

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
London Irish said:
I can sort of see where you are coming from - I was involved in one of the (many) Trotskyist Fourth International groups in the late 1980s/early 1990s and I occasionally take at what's left of their press, although usually it's to shake my head about people still wasting their lives with sectarian dogma.

Many have gone on to do something very worthwhile though - for example, all of Ken Livingstone's lieutenants, ie. the guys now running London, are all my ex-FI contemporaries.

Ah the lefties arguing over doctrine. Wish we had that luxury in the far right. We argued over who was an infiltrator for the reds or the state and who was ripping who off. I gave up the far right in 2000 after being in various organisations on and off.

As said I still find whats going on the edge of the far right and left interesting. The term neo-nazi is so out dated as many groups in europe reject the hitlerite ideas.

The BNP has changed and needs too to gain any chance of electoral success.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mouldy Boots said:
Labour have well and truly F*cked up this country just like MM did for our team.

Why have people left the country and our team in droves because they could see the ship was sinking?

It's now down to the Tories and Dean Wilkins to mop up the mess behind those bulls*itting clueless fools.

:nono: :nono:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: What a funny post.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The winner on the NHS issue alone will be the one who brings back the matron and her ruling with a rod of steel, where her word was gospel and never doubted by anybody.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
El Presidente said:
I am not a fan of Blair, but we have low inflation, significantly lower unemployment, an NHS in a better state than in a generation, and more money in our pockets than ever before.

On the other hand, the Iraqi war, emphasis on spin and the continual face of Simon Jordan in the press is pretty revolting.

More money in our pockets?I dont think so with all these new taxes Labour have brought out

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
BensGrandad said:
The winner on the NHS issue alone will be the one who brings back the matron and her ruling with a rod of steel, where her word was gospel and never doubted by anybody.

The matron is back. They tend to sit in an office doing paper work

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
coventrygull said:
The protestants were the majority population and treated the catholic minority as second class citizens.

... something that the BNP wants to do to ethinic minorities !!! Just replace the word Protestants with BNP and the word Catholic with the word ethnic and you've got the BNPs manifesto.

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
"Ah the lefties arguing over doctrine. Wish we had that luxury in the far right. We argued over who was an infiltrator for the reds or the state and who was ripping who off. I gave up the far right in 2000 after being in various organisations on and off.

As said I still find whats going on the edge of the far right and left interesting. The term neo-nazi is so out dated as many groups in europe reject the hitlerite ideas.

The BNP has changed and needs too to gain any chance of electoral success."

Ah, yes, Cov Gull. Good old Charlie Sergeant, eh? And where DID all the money from White Noise Records end up?
BNP haven't changed at all. Look at Kev Watmough and his pathetic Redwatch site, trying to scare old ladies on anti war demos! All the old faces who 'reject' the BNP have dual membership anyway (British people's Party et al) The fact is they lost the battle on the streets and were infiltrated all the way up by Gerry Gable's cohorts, so now they're trying to kid people they've changed. But you know, and I certainly know, that once they get pissed they just revert. If they get any sniff of electoral success the press will dig up Nick's past, and expose his lieutenants, and that will be that. British people don't like nazis. Especillay ones who try and kid them they're not.

D

Deleted member 2719

The Large One said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: What a funny post.

You could say it's funny but i cannot see many Albion fans or citzens of the UK laughing.

With faces like these why did anyone back them.

Now that's a funny post.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Attachments

• mcghee.jpg
    mcghee.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 81

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
algie said:
More money in our pockets?I dont think so with all these new taxes Labour have brought out
No, you have more money in your pockets nowadays. Income tax is lower, VAT is unchanged, although in some cases some items have been reduced or taken out of VAT completely.

The tax rises are mainly on items and products you don't have to spend money on.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Large One said:
No, you have more money in your pockets nowadays. Income tax is lower, VAT is unchanged, although in some cases some items have been reduced or taken out of VAT completely.

The tax rises are mainly on items and products you don't have to spend money on.

Taxes on income have risen viz National Insurance and by the back door by not letting personal allowances rise in proportion. People on minimum wage now get hit with having to pay National Insurance! Also, Far more people than ever before are hit with inheritance tax bills because of rising property prices so have to sell the parent's house to pay the bill.

VAT covers excise receipts - tobacco, petrol, alcohol which have all risen.

Don't get me started on Council tax bills, student fees, cost of tv licence, road tax and many many more stealth taxes.

What about the removal of tax credits for dividends? That's taken an estimated £100 billion out of our pensions.

You are right though. We don't need to get a pension or a telly or a car or live in a house or have a job and we could all avoid these pernicious taxes.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Buzzer said:
Taxes on income have risen viz National Insurance and by the back door by not letting personal allowances rise in proportion. People on minimum wage now get hit with having to pay National Insurance! Also, Far more people than ever before are hit with inheritance tax bills because of rising property prices so have to sell the parent's house to pay the bill.

VAT covers excise receipts - tobacco, petrol, alcohol which have all risen.

Don't get me started on Council tax bills, student fees, cost of tv licence, road tax and many many more stealth taxes.

What about the removal of tax credits for dividends? That's taken an estimated £100 billion out of our pensions.

You are right though. We don't need to get a pension or a telly or a car or live in a house or have a job and we could all avoid these pernicious taxes.
Fair points most of them, except personal allowances risen in line with inflation, and they have almost counteracted the rise in NI Contributions and VAT on alcohol has hardly gone up at all.

Inheritance tax is more a state of affairs with the housing market and not under the control of the exchequer without drastic interference. Of course the government of the day is going to yum it all up, but it's hardly a tax they introduced.

Of course, it's a heinous crime for a government to need to pay for public services. The alternative? Put them into the hands of the private sector and watch them disappear up their own arseholes. Who is going to want to invest in public services without wanting to make a proift out of it? Public services are not there for that - they are there as the name indicates, to provide service to the public.

And someone PLEASE explain what the phrases 'stealth tax' and 'taxes by the back door' means. I can't get my head around what appears to be such a bullshit phrase. If there is an increase in tax, you pay it. It's not a hidden tax, it's well documented. They are cheap, nonsensical phrases used by lazy journalists and moronic MPs to justify their so-called abundance of 'political knowledge' all the while piling up their expenses in the Westminster bars. Rubbish sentiments.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tories are planning to abolish IHT , an average house worth £ 300 k passed onto the children would be subject to £ 120 k payable to the government.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Uncle Spielberg said:
Tories are planning to abolish IHT , an average house worth £ 300 k passed onto the children would be subject to £ 120 k payable to the government.

Depends if they've got other savings. If not, the current exemption threshold is £285,000, so they'd only pay 40% tax on the last 15k, i.e. £6,000.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
The Large One said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

And you have the cheek to call me morbidly myopic. At least that is better than the neuronal carcinoma that you appear to be afflicted with.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Uncle Spielberg said:

not true. you've forgotten the threshold! it's much much less than that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Large One said:
Fair points most of them, except personal allowances risen in line with inflation, and they have almost counteracted the rise in NI Contributions and VAT on alcohol has hardly gone up at all.

Inheritance tax is more a state of affairs with the housing market and not under the control of the exchequer without drastic interference. Of course the government of the day is going to yum it all up, but it's hardly a tax they introduced.

Of course, it's a heinous crime for a government to need to pay for public services. The alternative? Put them into the hands of the private sector and watch them disappear up their own arseholes. Who is going to want to invest in public services without wanting to make a proift out of it? Public services are not there for that - they are there as the name indicates, to provide service to the public.

And someone PLEASE explain what the phrases 'stealth tax' and 'taxes by the back door' means. I can't get my head around what appears to be such a bullshit phrase. If there is an increase in tax, you pay it. It's not a hidden tax, it's well documented. They are cheap, nonsensical phrases used by lazy journalists and moronic MPs to justify their so-called abundance of 'political knowledge' all the while piling up their expenses in the Westminster bars. Rubbish sentiments.

No - I completely disagree with you. By removing a tax break on dividends you are increasing a tax burden thus increasing taxes whilst still claiming that you are not putting up taxes. The tax credit on dividends is a tax by the back door, a stealth tax or whatever you want to call it.

As for Council Taxes have risen disproportionately to inflation by any measure and we are really paying much more in taxes than we were 10 years ago.

As for income taxes, I'll point you to Tax Freedom Day

http://www.adamsmith.org/tax/

A confession and health warning though on the link above. I'm not going to attempt to back up my argument with links to partisan reports and try and present them as the gospel truth. The Adam Smith Institute is a right of centre think-tank which is often seen as a free-market Tory-leaning institute so bear this in mind.

I fully acknowledge that others may not take what they say as fully as I do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here