Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Monster raving

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • other

Votes: 29 16.0%

• Total voters

Yoda

English & European
Not knowing who the next Labour leader would be make's it a tough decision.

And as for Cameron, can't stand the b:censored:d. Only says what whoever he's talking to wants to hear and will say the opposite to the next person just to please them as well. No ideas of his own. Oh, and do you know how the Tories will get this extra £3billion they say they can save from cutting taxes from? Privatising EVERYTHING apart from the NHS.

But if Brown took over from Labour, Sir Minge (depending on where we are with Falmer) or Green party.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As someone who has been in business for 25 years I can tell you that the amount of red tape introduced by this Government has got way out of control.

Add to that the handling of Pensions by Brown, the HUGE increase in Taxation by Brown, the handling of the war, the state of the Health Service and Schools, the immigration policy - or lack of one (talk about bolting horses and stable doors Reid) and I don't think I can vote Labour.

And before I get called a racist by some PC fool I have no problem with Hard working people coming here to contribute to our Economy. The problem I have is where do they live, where do they go to Hospital, where do their kids go to school ? - our services are at Breaking point and yet we seem hell bent on bringing more people into the UK. If we do have a need for more workers then why do we have 1.8 million claiming unemployment? Why not MAKE these people work, instead of giving them benefits for doing nothing except sitting on their backsides smoking front of Sky TV all day?

Yes I remember the 80s - boom and bust - and this Government's decision to hand over control of the Bank of England was a good move, but the levels of taxation are now stupid and getting worse.

Personally I feel the choices are as poor as they have ever been.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
algie said:
Tory wiil win the next election only because of Labours lies and spin.Thats my opinion and i'm confident about it

And you have been sucked in by the Tory..... lying spinning press.....................................AGAIN

Labour:wave:

coventrygull said:
And voting Labour or Conservative isn't shamefull
Misguided, perhaps, unwise, maybe.

But, quite properly, "shameful" is reserved for voting for crypto-fascist parties.

I am still a member of the Labour Party but probably must be its most unenthusiastic member. I stay because we still have a few good people left like Ken Livingstone, Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
London Irish said:
Misguided, perhaps, unwise, maybe.

But, quite properly, "shameful" is reserved for voting for crypto-fascist parties.

Personally I think leading this country into an illegal war which it can't win and has cost the lives of thousands of innocent peoples lives is in my opinion shamefull

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
coventrygull said:
Personally I think leading this country into an illegal war which it can't win and has cost the lives of thousands of innocent peoples lives is in my opinion shamefull

Difference is of course that nobody actually voted for that last time.

.. and nobody will vote for that

.. with the BNP I think you're pretty sure what you are voting for.

I've given up voting for the time being, which in itself (in the current climate) is a perfectly valid political statement.

I'd prefer the country to move to some form of proportional representation.

Possibly with more MPs elected, and cutting down on the unelected advisors and those from the Lords to get into positions of power without anyone getting the chance NOT to put a vote against their name.

I havent got a problem with the odd fringe party MP getting a seat. There is no reason why the BNP would automatically, as is often the reason used as an argument against PR. They would be up against a number of other small parties.

In any case if the BNP did get an MP into parliament they will quickly get shown up as having very little depth and I'm not sure in reality that their representatives would enjoy the exposure.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It's kind of like trying to pick the best turd out of a cesspool isn't it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Life After Bobby said:
The answer is no of course. However, the fact that you can't see the difference between being born and marrying into families that have held privileged positions in society throughout the ages and being born and marrying into a family, however middle class, that has had to continually work for a living says a lot about you.

Also shows neatly illustrates the fundamental differences between Labour and Conservative (note i say illustrates and NOT defines)

Working class can come middle class. The upper classes you can only really be born into.

Bollocks to the power of testicles.

I suppose that Tony Benn ought to just pack up his bags then - it's all been a waste of time.

Oy! Tam Dalyell - you've been subbed.

It says a lot about you that someone born into generations of privilege is somehow not allowed to hold a political opinion but if your dad done good and brought you up in the lap of luxury that's okay then.

Inverted snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery no matter how it is justified.

D

Deleted member 2719

Gullsworth said:
And you have been sucked in by the Tory..... lying spinning press.....................................AGAIN

New Labour New Danger!

;) :wave:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
London Irish said:
I am still a member of the Labour Party but probably must be its most unenthusiastic member.
no youre not mate, im so disillusioned i have joined another party.
a party with the majority view at heart, a forward thinking party, a party that actually reflects the way WE feel...ladies and gentlefolk of NSC i give you

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Guinness Dave said:
no youre not mate, im so disillusioned i have joined another party.
a party with the majority view at heart, a forward thinking party, a party that actually reflects the way WE feel...ladies and gentlefolk of NSC i give you

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:clap2: :bowdown: :clap2: :bowdown: :clap2: :bowdown:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Gullsworth said:

I think the person who mentioned office chat hit the nail on the head, apart from bods on here I genuanly dont know anyone who will vote Labour at the next election! sorry but it's going to happen and MOH,LI & TLO will all join Jim Davidson in the middle East on that famous Friday morning:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here