Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your "I was there" Albion occasion?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The mid week 1-0 FA Cup win at Newcastle in 1983 and the last min win at Sunderland when we won 2-1 to stay up.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There have been quite a few amazing days following the Albion but I would have to say the best is the first game at the amex when Buckley was just about to pull the trigger. It was the culmination of all the letters, marches, protests, everything that we had done in the last 14 years and for me, everything stopped, it seemed to be completely silent in the ground and then the eruption of 22k people going completely mental. I don't think I've had a happier moment supporting the Albion.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Tomorrow and May 27th have the potential to run it close for sheer joy though.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
My moment was when Mullery addressed the fans after our promotion to the old First Division in 79, I think we had beat Blackburn or it might of been Blackpool and he said 'it was the first time he had cried since he was kicked in the balls!'

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Mexican wave, Wolves home, 2013.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
two for me. H v Sheff Weds w 3=2 to get promoted. With my Dad and remember jumping all over him. H v Preston w 1-0 @Withdean. My son was a ball boy that day and got shouted at by the massive Preston centre half for being too slow to give the ball back.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
two for me. H v Sheff Weds w 3=2 to get promoted. With my Dad and remember jumping all over him. H v Preston w 1-0 @Withdean. My son was a ball boy that day and got shouted at by the massive Preston centre half for being too slow to give the ball back.

p.s he died later that year and it is his birthday today. A Pompey fan from the Isle of Wight.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Cup final x 2 obviously, but really Hereford away to stay in the league was the biggest. Defeat and it would have been all over for our club

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Been to a few of those posted before but what would everyone agree are the defining moments of the amex so far? Donny first game obviously, Ulloa with the first hatrick, St Patrick's Day, any others?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Doncaster and Hereford were obvious ones from the 1990s. Also the Millwall home play off first leg when we won 4-1.

From the Withdean years, the Chesterfield game was amazing but also Peterborough away the next season when we won 1-0 and all but won our second successive championship. Swindon home and then Bristol City in the play off

Tottenham friendly/Doncaster league game at the Amex were amazing. Stuffing Palace was amazing in March and hopefully will be followed by the same thing tomorrow night/a trip to Wembley.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Newcastle
first cup final...........I really thought we had won it

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Has anyone mentioned Beckham's debut for Man U at the Goldstone in 93(?). Not so big an event for us Albion fans but most plastics Premiership fans have never seen him play. We got to see his debut.

Did we really sing "Who the f*cking hell are you?" to him or is that just myth?

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Hereford 97.

As far as I am concerned, still the most important game in the Albion's history.

100% i will never fotget that day just remember at half time everyone in that courtyard bit in disaray people crying the lot and than the biggest turn around i ve ever seen at full time so glad i went.another one was lincoln at home and the pitch invasion this did cost us but got in every paper and let people know what the cretins were doing to our club

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
Reserve list

1-0 vs the cheats at withdean Danny cullips bullet header (remember those brown envelopes?)
Swindon play off semi second leg. We were dead and buried but virgs popped up and the rest is history.
3-3 vs Liverpool at the goldstone

Top 3

2-0 away at Plymouth. First promotion after all those years of hurt. Never forget the Albion fans celebrating in the car park afterwards!
2004 play off final - dreadful game but lovely day in the sun and even lovelier result.
And the winner is....

Donny at the Amex. Can't be beaten!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here