Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the WORST Stadium you have ever been to?

The JJB. An enormous shed with no atmosphere. Perfect for the Premiership, of course, but rubbish for watching football in.

And, before anyone posts to say this, yes, I KNOW it's great for rugby league.

Worst facilities has to be Karakol's ground, but the atmosphere was great, and the view from the top of the stand over to the mountains is something else.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
many years ago The Valley -- towering almost derelict terraces with as much grass on them as the pitch -- disgusting toilets -- no catering -- and always a biting wind.

Awful place???

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Swindon...have a fond memory of going there on the 28th December 2003.

Was absolutely freezing,a nightmare with the traffic getting up,just a small whole in the ground for everyone to piss in and we lost 2-1.

Terrible day that was.

This was the game me and my brothers decided to escape the hell that is family Christmas and introduce my daughter (then 13) to the joys of supporting the Albion.
How many times has she been since do you reckon?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i quite like sprongfield park - as a 9 year old, the only time i went there the grass bank behind the goal was pretty novel

always remember bellotti being run out of the main stand that day as well - and i think that was the day we went bottom of the league

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The old Manor Ground in Oxford was pretty awful in its time too.

And perhaps our abidingly happy memory of Hereford is obscuring people's recollections of the fleapit that is Edgar Street?

No. I liked the old Manor Ground, it had a certain charm about it - even though it's where I was physically attacked for the only time in my 40 years of watching football.

An Edgar Street is great: where else would they parade a bullock around the pitch?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Take your pick... http://www.mikefloate.clara.co.uk/index.htm

Personally Doncaster Belle Vue after they tried to burn it down. No stands, no roofs, no soul, no crowd, no atmosphere, freezing cold on outskirts of town next to race-course. Bleak wasn't the word.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Shay at Halifax would get my vote too. Even after it was done up I was one of those who traipsed all the way up there just to see the game called off 30 mins before kick off. As I used to live in Wigan their old ground, Springfield Park would have given Withdean a run for it's money too. One end there was just a grass bank and it had one small stand down one side, prtty grim, Macclesfield's is bad too.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Stamford Bridge back in the 70s and 80s; miles from the pitch, cold, wet, neanderthal fans. Horrible experience.

The away pen at the Dell was unpleasant as well.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Shay at Halifax would get my vote too. Even after it was done up I was one of those who traipsed all the way up there just to see the game called off 30 mins before kick off. As I used to live in Wigan their old ground, Springfield Park would have given Withdean a run for it's money too. One end there was just a grass bank and it had one small stand down one side, prtty grim, Macclesfield's is bad too.

I rather liked The Shay. It was the only time I could sit on the grass to watch a game with lots of space to stretch out. It almost felt you should have a deckchair and a picnic on a nice day (except it was in Halifax).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My initial reaction was Barnet, then I thought of Stoke, Silly nomination as its a newish gground but its bloody shocking. Stuck on top of a hill, exposed corners, and I should think it is below freeezing in mid summer. And everytime I have been we have lost.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My initial reaction was Barnet, then I thought of Stoke, Silly nomination as its a newish gground but its bloody shocking. Stuck on top of a hill, exposed corners, and I should think it is below freeezing in mid summer. And everytime I have been we have lost.

I agree and had mentioned Stoke earlier.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Priestfield - when we were there. I will never forget weeing against the brick wall in the gents, and splashing my trainers! My son and I still laugh about it to this day.

Memorable scenes.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Priestfield - when we were there. I will never forget weeing against the brick wall in the gents, and splashing my trainers! My son and I still laugh about it to this day.

Memorable scenes.

I remember the first game there, wearing shorts and getting the splashback from the bloke next to me hitting the brickwall and soaking my bare legs.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Dean Court in its old days. The view from the away end for someone rather vertically challenged like me was absolutely awful, plus it had a high security fence. Elm Park was also a complete toilet, at least the away end was. I actually quite liked the home end we used at Priestfield. At least it had a proper roof, we were standing, and you could bang your fist on the corrugated iron at the back to make some noise.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I actually quite liked the home end we used at Priestfield. At least it had a proper roof, we were standing, and you could bang your fist on the corrugated iron at the back to make some noise.

and it was probabaly the only ground in the country to do CHICKEN NUGGETS

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Colchester would be the worst although Leeds and Luton due to their lack of leg room (although to be fair they didn't make me sit down at Luton) deserve (dis)honourable mentions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here