Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the WORST Stadium you have ever been to?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Brentfords is horrible in that you have to wade through a river of piss to get into the toilets which are right next to the food place which is disgusting and we always lose there too which makes it even more shit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Astra Poiesti in ROmania took shoddy to new heights for me

Petrotel PLoiesti wasn't any better and hadd the added bonus of toxic green smoke being belched from the refinery next door

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
there where 11 or 12 at one point, only one really works now, and its owned by dodgy Ruskies, at least that was the case when I last went in 2002/2003

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Canvey Island in 94/95

This in Portugal. Built in an old quarry with no stands behind the goals. Designed by someone who has only watched football on TV. Bloody clever engineering but completely crap as a stadium. This is a picture of the area behind one goal.

Attachments

• DSC03142.JPG
    DSC03142.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 196

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Elland Road, it may have a 40k seat capacity, but you can't actually sit down there unless you are a dwarf.

I was totally gobsmacked to see some suggestion that it could be included in any potential world cup bid. It would need to be demolished and totally rebuilt from scratch. They wouldn't do that of course, simply move to the east of the City. Financing it wouldn't be a problem, just ask some investors to pay for it and then give them a few pence in the pound back.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
The County Ground, Northampton. Three Sides and a cricket boundary. Lovely...

What he said

remember being stuffed in to their away end which consisted of a cage not much bigger than a transit van!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This in Portugal. Built in an old quarry with no stands behind the goals. Designed by someone who has only watched football on TV. Bloody clever engineering but completely crap as a stadium. This is a picture of the area behind one goal.

I've been there. It's Braga's ground and it's f***ing hilarious.

It's 12 flights of stairs to the top of the stand and a freezing wind whistles through the quarry, even if it's scorchio down at ground level.

I've been there. It's Braga's ground and it's f***ing hilarious.

It's 12 flights of stairs to the top of the stand and a freezing wind whistles through the quarry, even if it's scorchio down at ground level.

Exactly, I was at Holland v latvia (Portugal 04) were you ?

I'd like to think that that well known fine shoppping establishment "Sporting Colours" would never stock such an unusable and impracticle product as this.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Ok I have not gone crazy. This is 'Community America Ballpark'. We will do a Toronto FC roadtrip to it next season. Kansas City Wizards will play here next year. While you contemplate that, get this, Beckham will have to play here next season ROTFLMAO. Something tells me that is Becks isn't sick when he arrives in Kansas he will be after seeing where he is playing. The stadium will be offering tickets on folding chairs on the grass berm. I kid you not.

kcks2.jpg

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Anyone remember Hartlepool away (open) terrace, BEFORE they switched to current end & new stand.

First time I visited was during winter months & bloody freezing with wind blowing in off North Sea. Had to buy a cup of coffee?? to keep warm for a few seconds.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
montreal impacts ground was a bit of shocker - most like withdean, except you sit on benches on one side of the pitch, with a huge main stand complete with leisure centre the other side. they even put benches on the running tack behing the goal

no cover, and it PISSED down when i was there for the thrilling 1-1 draw with minesota thunder. for some unbeknown reason, 6000 people turned up to watch it as well

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Exactly, I was at Holland v latvia (Portugal 04) were you ?

I'd like to think that that well known fine shoppping establishment "Sporting Colours" would never stock such an unusable and impracticle product as this.

I was at the Bulgaria v Denmark game, unfortunately (2-0 to Denmark).

I haven't got the best head for heights, so when you know you've gone up 12 flights of stairs, you see no obvious mean of support for the gigantic stand you're in, aside from these cables stretching across from one stand to the other, and the wind's blowing a gale (like proper English tourists, we were in shorts and T-shirts), I wasn't my favourite place to be.

Still, I suppose the rockface at either end did away with a need for extra ballboys.

Actually, as grounds go, I didn't mind it. Boavista's ground in Porto (I was there for Spain v Greece), however, was scary. Think of a larger version of Loftus Road, with stands you are convinced are moving every time something happens, and just slab after slab of dull concrete. Eugh!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The men's "toilets" at the Vetch. Well, I say toilet, it was more a wall.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
For me all those old fashioned grounds are the best grounds to go to, proper football grounds !!

The worst ones are the all seater new grounds with no history and no atmosphere !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here