Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the WORST Stadium you have ever been to?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The men's "toilets" at the Vetch. Well, I say toilet, it was more a wall.

i remember that - and the food kiosk was a a coffee shaped cubicle that you had to reach through a fence to get items from

i quite liked the vetch apart from that - proper football ground, with the players entrance between a gap in the houses opposite the prison

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Barnet, easy. Good atmosphere but just the conditions...the toilets..the horror. The image of THREE fellow Brighton fans simultaneously peeing into a SINK at halftime in a crowded conditions that would have made the Black Hole of Calcutta feel like Monument Valley is still etched upon my mind - I decided against washing my hands.

*awaits Palace joshing about Brighton fans being used to crowding into toilets together*

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I love the vetch, griffin park, saltergate, boothfeery rd and all the so called inferior grounds above. I hate the britannia, the walkers crisp bowl, the riverside - all souless identikit mechano grounds.

Long live shitty grounds and the teams that play in them

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Gillingham back in late 80's......it was so shit got a full refund from the Chairman!!

Gay Meadow, Shrewsbury.

Selhurst Park mid 80's.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember the old Shay, Halifax. There was, as someone said, effectively a slag heap at one end, and you could drive your car from the car park on to the pitch, down the slag heap.

Would also like to give a quick vote for Fratton Park, as the last time I went there (the 4-2 defeat about four years ago), the away end was a death trap, the toilets appalling, the locals hideous, and the surrounding area just dire. Plus you got all the local chavs waiting around behind a thin blue line after the game, to squeal at you in high pitched voices, as if they'd ever have the balls to take a group of away fans on.

Say what you like about Withdean, at least our visitors don't get bussed into the middle of a giant council estate.

I remember the old Shay, Halifax. There was, as someone said, effectively a slag heap at one end, and you could drive your car from the car park on to the pitch, down the slag heap.

Would also like to give a quick vote for Fratton Park, as the last time I went there (the 4-2 defeat about four years ago), the away end was a death trap, the toilets appalling, the locals hideous, and the surrounding area just dire. Plus you got all the local chavs waiting around behind a thin blue line after the game, to squeal at you in high pitched voices, as if they'd ever have the balls to take a group of away fans on.

Say what you like about Withdean, at least our visitors don't get bussed into the middle of a giant council estate.

Slag heap??

Luxury.

We used to have to play in quicksand......

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Swindon...have a fond memory of going there on the 28th December 2003.

Was absolutely freezing,a nightmare with the traffic getting up,just a small whole in the ground for everyone to piss in and we lost 2-1.

Terrible day that was.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Obviously lower league grounds are going to be a bit shit. But at least they have character. Personally I hate grounds like Derby and Reading. They're dull as f*** and in shit boring places. The biggest disappointment for me groundwise is, however, Celtic Park. I used to live in Scotland and went to quite a few games there over a few years. For a modern stadium the facilities are crap, there are too many restricted view seats, the atmosphere is bollocks, the area is just f***ing depressing and everyone in the ground looks like they've got some horrible disease.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Can't believe hardly anyone has mentioned Luton yet!

On fairness got to discount any Welsh Premier or Eircom League grounds, but been to some terrible ones.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Can't believe hardly anyone has mentioned Luton yet!

On fairness got to discount any Welsh Premier or Eircom League grounds, but been to some terrible ones.

Only Tolka (and thats now crumbling to bits due to no maintaince and overuse) and Terryland* would really be able to equal your average Conference National ground these days... floodlighting would be better across the board but the rest of the facilities is what we're talking about here.

*and possibly Lissywoolen but I've never been there so I dunno. It is brand spanking new though...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Only Tolka (and thats now crumbling to bits due to no maintaince and overuse) and Terryland* would really be able to equal your average Conference National ground these days... floodlighting would be better across the board but the rest of the facilities is what we're talking about here.

*and possibly Lissywoolen but I've never been there so I dunno. It is brand spanking new though...

I've never been inside, but I've always thought Boh's ground at Dalymount looks decent enough. Not been in the new Terryland but it used to be a bit of a disgrace, looks nice now from the outside...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've never been inside, but I've always thought Boh's ground at Dalymount looks decent enough. Not been in the new Terryland but it used to be a bit of a disgrace, looks nice now from the outside...

Dalymount is falling to pieces also - and going to be gone fairly shortly. Terryland is very very nice since the new stand went in - and attendence wise they needed it too, Leeson is doing wonders getting people through the gates. Most 5k stadia in the eLP are aspirational not realistic.

As goes Dalyer, Bohs got SIXTY MILLION QUID and a new stadium in return for it :eek:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surprised there aren't more votes for Kenilworth Road, particularly as every time we play there, we seem to turn in a performance as ugly as the ground. The old Manor Ground in Oxford was pretty awful in its time too.

And perhaps our abidingly happy memory of Hereford is obscuring people's recollections of the fleapit that is Edgar Street?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Plough Lane, only went there once, we lost 1-0, got a sore neck watching the ball, and the place was an utter shitheap.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Plough Lane, only went there once, we lost 1-0, got a sore neck watching the ball, and the place was an utter shitheap.

Hmmm...Had forgotten about Plough Lane,,terrible place...had a seat one time ..it was a long bench with painted lines to mark the seats
The games were always poor..Beasant kicked it ...it landed in our penalty area and Corkie knocked it in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here