Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the WORST Stadium you have ever been to?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Fratton Park's away end has a lot to be desired, (been a while since ive been there tho)

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
This little baby in Moldova for the fact that you could smell the toilets from about four blocks away.

chisinau_republican.jpg

In England Springfield Park (Wigan) with its grass bank was pretty poor.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Colchester is of course bloody awful, but I remember the old Plough Lane. I can still see the piss pouring down the terracing. What a fkg shithole that was.

The real tragedy is that when Wimbledon moved, they went somewhere even worse.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dean Court, i hate that place

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
york away, few years back. rained all afternoon, open-top, 0-0 draw. hundreds of miles home :(

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Macclesfield circa 2000 was pretty poor. Tiny and didn't halp that half of it was being redeveloped at the time. Sure it's better now, but it was pants then.

they have only developed one stand since then along the side of the pitch, away fans are still behind the goal in that nasty open terrace....deffinately one of the worst places to go.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Legia Warsaw's ground where England played in 1999 was bloody awful. Stuck behind the goal with a huge fence to stop us getting on the pitch. The ground was in such a state that if you kicked at the concrete bits came away, which the locals knew and so start throwing into our end.

In this country, Priestfield pre redevelopment was vile, Colchester is poor and Exeter used to be an experience, but the Vetch used to be one of the worst.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
That's quite a good question actually. I would have to say that one of the most boring atmospheres I have ever experienced was when I went to the JJB. Admittedly, it was before Wigan got into the Premiership, but the ground just looks a bit disgusting and doesn't have any character to it.

I've never been, but the Memorial Ground (?) at Bristol Rovers looks pretty cack.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
The Shay at Halifax in 1970. It pissed down all afternoon, cold tea and we lost 1-0, I think the 'terrace' behind one of the goals was a hillside or originally a coal slag heap. Can't say I thought much of Spotland (Rochdale) either that season.

Good grief I remember that game. It was a promotion season wasn't it and we had played the day before and needed to win to go up? The ground looked like the headquareters of the World War One Reenactment Society with hardly any grass on it. :lol: There can't have been more than 30 Albion fans there, I only went because my father had a business appointment in nearby Leeds.

I also remember Dave Turner being my favourite player from those days.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
All the grounds listed above are great in my opinion 'because' of the reasons mentioned. The ones that I have a problem with are the new identikit ones like Northampton. Oxfords old one had about 19 different stands!? Brilliant, better than the four boring ones they have now.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Wexford YSC. Theres nothing there, theres nothing there... the sole stand has been knocked down to be rebuilt, so currently its a high grade floodlight pitch and a clubhouse, on a windswept field beside the main road to Dublin.

Flancare Park in Longford is the most soulless of the lot of them though. 1990s concrete shed, no atmosphere.

Good grief I remember that game. It was a promotion season wasn't it and we had played the day before and needed to win to go up? The ground looked like the headquareters of the World War One Reenactment Society with hardly any grass on it. :lol: There can't have been more than 30 Albion fans there, I only went because my father had a business appointment in nearby Leeds.

I also remember Dave Turner being my favourite player from those days.

Very good 'Somme/Ypres' like description of the Shay - I'd forgotten about the 'grass-free' pitch.

There was one very damp coachload from the Supporter's Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here