Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened to that Krispies guy?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Give J Block a break! It's my first season sitting in there and it's got gradually better since the first day. Occassionally the odd moronic chant can be heard, granted. Claiming every team are Welsh and the classic 'Loyal supporters' songs are the worst, but other than that the songs are usually supporting the team. What wound me up last week was the fact people were singing 'Stand up til the Leeds sit down', when I think you've got to be seriously stupid if you think 1000 Leeds fans are just as easy to control as 100/150 at a push Albion.

Still, I think the abuse Krispies has got on here is a little harsh, especially as after he had been ejected it began to rain and the stewards decided at this point that attempting to make people sit down was too much effort so allowed standing up for the entire second half. Some questions should really be asked about that in my opinion, as surely the weather shouldn't determine their job description, but hey ho.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
from what I remember the " come and join us" was in response to teh R&D fans singing something like "we'll sit down if the brighton fans do" or something like that to which the Brighton fans all clapped.

I did have a chat to a couple of stewards questioning the fact that they appeared very heavy handed with R&D fans when they didn't against Leeds. maybe it was something to do with the fact that you dont mess with that number of fans who could potentially cause a riot.

It will be interesting to see what the reaction will be to a stand full of Charlton fans who will all no doubt be standing...wonder if the stewards will wade in then?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Give J Block a break! It's my first season sitting in there and it's got gradually better since the first day. Occassionally the odd moronic chant can be heard, granted. Claiming every team are Welsh and the classic 'Loyal supporters' songs are the worst, but other than that the songs are usually supporting the team. What wound me up last week was the fact people were singing 'Stand up til the Leeds sit down', when I think you've got to be seriously stupid if you think 1000 Leeds fans are just as easy to control as 100/150 at a push Albion.

Still, I think the abuse Krispies has got on here is a little harsh, especially as after he had been ejected it began to rain and the stewards decided at this point that attempting to make people sit down was too much effort so allowed standing up for the entire second half. Some questions should really be asked about that in my opinion, as surely the weather shouldn't determine their job description, but hey ho.

Problem is that certain people in there have done their utmost to make a name for themselves in a negative way.

You won't have witnessed the day when a few of them turned up in masks in an attempt to humiliate a female steward who I always found to friendly and helpful.

That was a low point and personally I would banned that lot on mass.

I used to watch it from the side and certain people would stand up when there was no reason to stand, simply to waste the time of stewards.

Pathetic. Whilst it may be your first season in there and it appears at the moment to a whole of lot of fun, you need to understand that the stewards have had years of having to deal with the childish antics.

Quite how it can defended is beyond me. Somehow people equate it with the over zealous stewarding they've experienced at away games, but the reality is that it is nothing of the sort.

It's steward baiting, nothing more nothing less. It reminds me of bullying at school.

Last edited:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
What's your point?

There's nothing wrong with encouraging the team, but 14/60 year olds singing "come and join us over here" to a bunch of 30 away supporters? *Cringe*

If they sung about the team, rather than berating the stewards who follow the rules, then there wouldn't be anything to complain about.

QUOTE]
My point is stop criticising other fans - they make you 'cringe' so get over it!

We were all young and daft once - if you are not up there in fine voice cheering the team on then stop moaning FFS!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What's your point?

There's nothing wrong with encouraging the team, but 14/60 year olds singing "come and join us over here" to a bunch of 30 away supporters? *Cringe*

If they sung about the team, rather than berating the stewards who follow the rules, then there wouldn't be anything to complain about.

QUOTE]
My point is stop criticising other fans - they make you 'cringe' so get over it!

We were all young and daft once - if you are not up there in fine voice cheering the team on then stop moaning FFS!!

The worst offenders I witnessed were well into their 40s !

It's nothing to do with singing or standing up now and then. It's everything to do with lets get down the Withdean and wind up the stewards. You really have to question their sanity.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
H block reputation ensures they have grief ever week.
History in this stand has shown that most songs are not encouriging the team so most people in there probably secretely love it.

Solution is to move to other parts of the ground. I know behind the dugouts whilst you can't stand you can get away with standing for corners and attacks without too much problem. There is also IMO a better atmosphere than H block and a better view. Why anyone would want to sit in H block these days is beyond me. It's mostly full of c*nts

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not all of H block can be condemned as a bunch of Tuesday Merchants. There are quieter areas within the area, and I have chosen to sit in one of them.

Krispies is his own man. If he wishes to tell everyone what happened then that's down to him.

I have to say I thought the stewarding on Saturday was, for no obvious reason that I could fathom, much more officious, prticulalry inside the ground, worse than we have experienced for a long time at Withers. They seemed to be a lot of newbies keen to impress with their "knowledge" of the restrictions rather than help us enjoy ourselves in safety!

H block reputation ensures they have grief ever week.
History in this stand has shown that most songs are not encouriging the team so most people in there probably secretely love it.

Solution is to move to other parts of the ground. I know behind the dugouts whilst you can't stand you can get away with standing for corners and attacks without too much problem. There is also IMO a better atmosphere than H block and a better view. Why anyone would want to sit in H block these days is beyond me. It's mostly full of c*nts

Oi less of the language:wrong:. Some of us in H Block quite like to watch the game, but nowadays inavriablysuffer some arse standing up in front of them totally unneccasriy blcoking our view and meaning that we miss vital moments , such as Murray scoring a goal or El Abd getting sent off.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I really am fed up of reading some of the shite that people put on here about the stewards being 'Well out of order' for making them sit down. It is the LAW for people to sit down at the football, a shit law indeed but that is life. The stewards are employed to make sure people sit down.

So, if you cannot get this into your minds then you really are a bit simple - The steward may completley disagree with the law, they may want/like everyone to stand up but that law states that they have to ask people to sit down. So, for 'fans' to give a load of verbal to a steward who asks them to sit down really is a bit dim and if they really start mouthing off then they risk being chucked out.

I am on the back row and so the stewards do not seem to mind the back row standing. However, if one came over and said 'Please sit down', I would respond by saying 'ok' and sitting down. Really, really, really not that difficult is it.

The situation is similar to my mates who work in the police force when they monitor West Street, the people who get arrested are those that give a load of mouth and get lairy. It is the law to not drink in the street. If a Police officer sees you drinking they will ask to take the drink off you. You have two options 1) Say ok, give it to them they will wish you a happy evening and on you go or 2) Stand there with your arms wide open like an extra from green street, give a loa of verbal, refuse to give the drink to them,end up getting arrested and then moan about how heavy handed the police are. Brilliant.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I always thought this was his Dad too

Attachments

• bully.jpg
    bully.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 281

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Dandyman

In London village.
I really am fed up of reading some of the shite that people put on here about the stewards being 'Well out of order' for making them sit down. It is the LAW for people to sit down at the football, a shit law indeed but that is life. The stewards are employed to make sure people sit down...

I'm happy to be corrected, but is it actually the law?

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/briefings/snha-03937.pdf

As far as I can see the law is that grounds in the top two tiers must be all seater. The requirement to sit seems to be a ground regulation not a legal requirement. That said I'm not a lawyer so any legal bods that want to offer clarity, please step up.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I fully understand what your saying but there were over 5 thousand empty seats yesterday.I took 3 floaters with me yasterday who will not return because of the stewarding,we need to attract fans not turn them away.

So the 'floaters' decision is irrespective of our woeful performance, shoddy stadium and the fact they got drenched?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I am on the back row and so the stewards do not seem to mind the back row standing. However, if one came over and said 'Please sit down', I would respond by saying 'ok' and sitting down. Really, really, really not that difficult is it.

I personally don't stand up much at home games (due to the all-too predictable consequences) - but why do the stewards continually turn a blind-eye to those standing on the back row of the South Stand & concentrate on picking on individuals in H Block? It seems to me they have an agenda, & if so - shirley it would be reasonable for the club or the Chief Steward to explain their policy? Like the referees who continual drive us nuts with their contrary dicisions: it's the inconsistencies that wind us up the most innit?! :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here