Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what happened to natterjack/

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I may not have scanned EVERY post he ever made, but from what I saw the guy didn't reveal anything he shouldn't have. In fact, all he did was help explain to idiots like me the design of the stadium and how it's being built. I imagine his wealth of information and good PR were something so alien to the club they had to get rid of him asap.

Yep I agree with that. Well said!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Oooh Ferret gate all over again.

If only I could remember what Ferret Gate was all about?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Exactly.

a) If they're going to have a live picture of what it looks like, what more can he POSSIBLY tell us? He can explain HOW it's being done, but WHAT is being done is there for all to see.

b) I bet some albion egos somewhere want the power and glory of telling us all what's happening and when. That a kind chap on nsc can do it so much quicker and better than them must really piss on their parade. Let's face it, if you took away nsc we'd know virtually nothing about this stadium, because the official coverage pales into insignificance alongside the contributions of Natterjack and Jack Straw etc.

If they are getting all 'its our ball and were not playing anymore' on us, is Jack Straw still going to be allowed in to take his pics? I actualy wondered about this a while back, his pics are better than theirs and they wont like that!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seems to be an ego thing, just like taking away the save button on the webcam to try and stop people making a time lapse show before they could.

Our help was pleaded for enough during the planning process.

So what if some of us ask stupid questions, natterjack was kind enough to humour us, poor PR IMO, so much for the COMMUNITY part of our stadium or should I say "their" stadium

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The club were not happy about it and asked for the forum to be removed.

Christ. That is seriously f***ing rubbish.

Please don't tell us that Bloom's acting all precious about his fiefdom...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
b) I bet some albion egos somewhere want the power and glory of telling us all what's happening and when. That a kind chap on nsc can do it so much quicker and better than them must really piss on their parade. Let's face it, if you took away nsc we'd know virtually nothing about this stadium, because the official coverage pales into insignificance alongside the contributions of Natterjack and Jack Straw etc.

Yep, it all a bit "It's our ball and you can only play with it how we say"

Pathetic if that is the case, perhaps some people need to be reminded that the fans had a lot to do with this stadium getting built.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FWIW I think the club has over reacted on the issue, and also can see little harm. For 10 years fans have paid top dollar prices to watch from an uncovered embarrassment of a stadium, and the least they can do is less the fans interact with the Falmer development in whatever way they see fit.

Someone at the club has made this decision, perhaps a polite question on ATC might get an official response to this issue?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly.

a) If they're going to have a live picture of what it looks like, what more can he POSSIBLY tell us? He can explain HOW it's being done, but WHAT is being done is there for all to see.

Expect Jack Straw's pics to be banned because they're always way more up to date than the 'official' ones-and better.

I think you've got it right about the Albion egos too. They've really pissed me off with this nonsense-petty of me I know.

If they kept us up to date there'd be no need for an alternative.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FWIW I think the club has over reacted on the issue, and also can see little harm. For 10 years fans have paid top dollar prices to watch from an uncovered embarrassment of a stadium, and the least they can do is less the fans interact with the Falmer development in whatever way they see fit.

Someone at the club has made this decision, perhaps a polite question on ATC might get an official response to this issue?

I was going to do that but frankly can't be bothered because we'll only be given some bollocks as per usual-plus I don't want to drop NJ in it. If they changed their minds would he want to continue? I doubt it and they've lost some of the best PR they've had concerning the stadium.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Just asking like but if there was nothing sensitive and nothing illegal going on why did the moderator have to comply with the club request other than to court favour?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sounds like you're the man for the job :thumbsup:

Nah..........we've got a special area of NSC just for the mods that has all the juicy information, faxed copies of bids for players, salaries of all the staff, webcam in Gully's Girls shower room AND the combination to the safe where they keep the plastic forks for the chips.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can only echo the sentiments on here. Pathetic.
Natterjacks complete absense from here lately would suggest he's been hauled in by the club and/or Buckingham and told to pack it in. All he was ever doing was explaining in laymans terms what was going on, so we could all have a greater understanding of the building process and what was happening.

For the club to arbitrarily sever that hugely informative and fascinating link to the stadium construction process that we, the fans, were so much enjoying is in my opinion indefensible. I can think of NO justification for this whatsoever. OK, so it wasn't an "official" line of information, but nobody ever took it as being one.

Someone at the Albion needs to come out and explain who made this decision, and why.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bloom is far too professional and powerful to give a shit about webcams and posters on nsc. This will be some egotistical nobody's doing.

Exactly. I would SURPRISED Bloom even knew about the Natterjack thread.

Cant have the peasants knowing anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here