It's like glastonbury but with bins :jester:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No come on, thats just rubbish:D

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what sort of CACKBADGER asks this question?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So what if we try and break it down by syllables.

'fest' is probably festival, so we have just to find what 'bin' is.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Correct. Fest is short for festival.

Bin is short for BINNER which describes somebody who is a complete MOWTCHOPS. Ergo, a binfest is a festival of binners normally arguing the toss over something that matters not in the real world.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I guess BINNER is derived from a snobby way of looking at people that empty said bins for a living?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If you Google 'binner' you end up at someone who raids skips and dustbins - doesn't sound very relavant.:nono:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Doesn't it come from a misspelling of 'bunfest' which means a huge arguement referring to people throwing buns at each other?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
From the NSC dictionary:

BINFEST (n): A load of bobble-hatters (qv) getting irritated with each other's drivel on NSC. Instead of stopping each bobble-hatter will continue adding to the binfest using more and more emotive language as they slowly forget that it's just a f***ing messageboard. Note that a binfest is usually followed by, or will contain, one or more flounces (qv)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From the NSC dictionary:

BINFEST (n): A load of bobble-hatters (qv) getting irritated with each other's drivel on NSC. Instead of stopping each bobble-hatter will continue adding to the binfest using more and more emotive language as they slowly forget that it's just a f***ing messageboard. Note that a binfest is usually followed by, or will contain, one or more flounces (qv)

Atcherly, I think CTS' definition is closer to the mark, you SPANNER.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Doesn't it come from a misspelling of 'bunfest' which means a huge arguement referring to people throwing buns at each other?

Now I like that. Some second rate piss artist hits the 'i' next to the 'u' by mistake and everyone else is convinced it's in the Oxford Dictionary.

What a load of prucks.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Didn't it start when Safeway was working for Brighton council during the dustmen strike and had to deal with a load of angry binmen - fondly referred to as BINNERS?

Good call Lish:thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't it start when Safeway was working for Brighton council during the dustmen strike and had to deal with a load of angry binmen - fondly referred to as BINNERS?

Nope. I've certainly used the word BINNER for about 15 years now, the fest element was added about 5 years back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here