• West/ East Sussex Boy/ Girl

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
shingle said:
Firstly I dont own a Burberry hat

Yes, I realise this. I felt the need to comment on "da world".

shingle said:
and secondly Ive been to Belgium several times likewise every country in europe, in fact due to my job I spend on average 5 months of the year in Europe mostly divided between Italy and Spain and unlike you my opinions arent formed after my 2 week holiday in Benidorm, or am I making judgements.

I, however, have never been to Benidorm. If you have been to Spain and Italy though, do tell us exactly what you don't like about them. If you dislike them that much, surely you wouldn't be in a job spending so much time there. And realise that pulling out of the EU would make your job a lot harder.

shingle said:
On the subject of America our links with them go back centuries we have a lot in common , not just language but a common shared history . But I suspect history is not your strong point. Unfortunately youre so blind with predjudice youre unable to comment rationally on any subject concerning the US.

Prejudice? Sorry, must have missed that one.

shingle said:
and Yes I'd rather live in New York than Charleroi

Yes, ok, extreme examples used on both sides there.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we're also not so dependant on the US, although you'd be forgiven for thinking we where their spare state!

I think Europe is a much better place for us all, because of the EU, free trade has given us so much more choice and better deals, although the UK still pay over the odds for many things.

America is just a greedy fat place who doesnt give two hoots about anyone else, unless theres something in it for them.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Like joining in two world wars and giving logistical aid before they were in ? It's true that they do tend to look after number one but there again, why shouldn't they ?

I don't think they've started any world wars have they ?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I am generally indifferent to some of the EU states , but others such as Italy I have a genuine fondness for. I wouldnt want to pull us out of Europe its too late for that, but even if we were to come out it wouldnt affect my work ( I do travel photography ) Its just that I feel that I have more in common with Aussies Canadians Americans and Kiwis

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
BHA

Doesnt Mrs BHA like living in the UK. I always enjoy reading your posts on the US, but it seems that youre being dragged over there kicking and screaming. Have I got it wrong

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest Shingle it's like this. She has four kids from two different marriages, the elder two are 17 and 16 (the eldest AKA Ms BHA will be here this weekend and both will definately be at Withdean on Easter Monday). They're from the first husband. The younger two are 13 and 5 (5 year old is adopted a real saga there). They live with the second husband. Frankly her living here is not an option because of the kids although she likes it here.

As you may have gathered I have a lot of resevations about the US, it's not all it's cracked up to be but in fairness a lot of them realise this. Unfortunately, TV, the Media in general and politicians in particular try to give us another impression.

Living in Georgia is about as similar to living in New York as is living in England and comparing it to say, Greece.

I will say one thing though, I can buy a four bedroomed, two bathroom house with an acre of land and a swimming pool for the price of a one bed flat here in Worthing. I can also get fat and unhealthy eating cheap and delicious food too.

I guess that as I'm likely to become a naturalised American soon I should be a bit more patriotic !

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
well the obvious answer Shingle is Language :lolol:

. . . . . . .although most Americans speak some kind of teletubbies type simple English . . . .they probably only use half the letters of the alphabet. . .give it a few more years and Microsoft will bring out a special keyboard with no more buttons than we have fingers

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Zef, you shouldn't judge all Americans by your own standards, I wonder if you've ever been there. Remember its' a big place with a lot of different influences, it's really not the same as anywhere else as it's got a lot of losers and ner'do wells from the Old World.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Very Funny Zef , Mrs Shingle is crying with laughter

Yes BHA . My Grandad married an American and settled in a place called Rock Spring Georgia , its about 15 miles south of Chattanooga TN. I went out there as a fresh faced 19 year old, but we fell out and I came home after a couple of months. A good decision all in all as a month after I came home his house burnt down during the night and him and his wife perished.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Shingle, talk about small world, Mrs BHA (and later this year me too I expect) resides in Rossville, about ten miles south of Choo Choo town.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Choo Choo is a typical US provcial city but it is fairly clean and tidy. I agree, Rossville is quiet but remember Iline in Worthing and before that Hassocks so I know quiet !

Still, it may be Hicksville but you know yourself there's worse. Try Oklahoma (I know it quite well) or somewhere like the Dakotas or Nebraska, now they are dead.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been to America, St Louis, St Peters, Detroit, Grand Rapid, Cincinatti . . . .probably not the most cosmapolitan places, I thoroughly enjoyed it all, I just dont think Americans are justified in beoing so greedy, wasteful and ignorant.

I'm sure If I went and worked out there I'd soon change, become fat and ignorant too :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here