• Total voters

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
shingle said:
Well BHA

It could be worse , You could be about to become, erh

Norwegian or Belgian or Austrian, now that would be profoundly depressing

Go on then, I'll bite. Entertain us all shingle, and tell us why being any of those three would be worse than benig American..

PS - You do realise those three aren't actually third world, don't you?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DTES said:
Go on then, I'll bite. Entertain us all shingle, and tell us why being any of those three would be worse than benig American..

PS - You do realise those three aren't actually third world, don't you?

Id rather be American than Belgian.

However I have no idea what it is like being Belgian so saying that is meaningless.

Innit, shingle?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I made it.

And (sorry to sound picky) please lose the apostrophe from my name. I'm nothing to do with Delirium Tremens.

Last edited:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Well I'll enlighten you DTES.

Practically all of the euro nations can to varying degrees claim to have contributed something to a euro culture however tenuous, with the exception of these three.I may however have made a slight mistake with Austria due to a long dead musician in which case you can substitute Switzerland for Austria if you like.

On the subject of being American. Yes I would rather be American
than Belgian. Theyre our number 1 mate in da world and although they have their faults ie current policy towards Israel they do sometimes act for the common good when there is nothing in it for them ie Kosovo, and sometimes disasterously ie Somalia and Lebanon.

I hope you havent taken offence at my labelling people tw**ts
who defined themselves as European above being Eng/Brit. I was particularly stressed about the forthcoming wednesday game and on reflection it was a tad impolite and I take it back

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
shingle said:
Yes I would rather be American
than Belgian. Theyre our number 1 mate in da world

Do I need to reply to this? Big up yourself. :lolol:

Take off your burberry cap for a second, and put your thinking one on instead. Just because we'll put ourselves in the terrorists firing line by going to Iraq with them, doesn't make us best mates.

And if you were to visit both places (I'm pretty sure you've never been to Belgium), you'd probably find you prefer Brussels over Hicksville, Texas in terms of both the place itself and the people.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
not sure that I am any of those - although I am quickly becoming very proud to be a West Sussex girl!!

I'm Australian through and through - and thankfully most of you on here have the good grace to indulge my superior status ;) however I love this country, England is my history and my future and my home.... and I'm proud to be here.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just been thinking TEDEBEAR, what does 'Stone the crows' actually mean?

'fair dincum' if you don't know, Sport.

Beer, barbeques etc etc....

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Shingle . . .the point I was making , or trying to make, was that the nature of this countries buinesses and make up has changed so much in the last 60 years or so that we are no where near being self sufficient . . . .if we alienated Europe we'd starve ! you only have to look at how much more we pay for food and drink than the rest of Europe for a good pointer.

we're heading towards only having service industries, we dont manufacture or produce like we used to and I believe thats a very bad thing.

as For Belgian VS American . . . .Belgian anyday . . .it a beautiful place, nice people, great food and drink, AND the best motor racing circuit in the world . . . . .and with a Belgian passport your not going to be ridiculed whenever you travel :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
stone the crows is like saying "blow me down with a feather" sort of - like you can't believe whats happened....

put it this way - have you ever managed to hit a crow when you've thrown a stone at it?? pretty hard eh?? :lol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tedebear said:
stone the crows is like saying "blow me down with a feather" sort of - like you can't believe whats happened....

put it this way - have you ever managed to hit a crow when you've thrown a stone at it?? pretty hard eh?? :lol:

Sure is, blue.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, first of all I like Belgians, very friendly people. Austrians are good as they're not Germans and Norwegians aren't so bad either.

I fear being American as I will start talking like them. I mean, a boot is a trunk, a bonnet is a hood. A mobile phone is a cell and a cashpoint is an ATM and so on. Mind you groping some one's fanny is only fun if you're gay.

When you wind up in the sticks like I will you're a minor celebrity by virtue of your accent (even if a lot of the sods can't understand you).

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I am at home :lolol: lovely weather today - might go and have my lunch in the garden...

you've got kangaroos loose in the top paddock mate ;) :lol:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
You Presume a great deal Dtes

Firstly I dont own a Burberry hat

and secondly Ive been to Belgium several times likewise every country in europe, in fact due to my job I spend on average 5 months of the year in Europe mostly divided between Italy and Spain and unlike you my opinions arent formed after my 2 week holiday in Benidorm, or am I making judgements.

On the subject of America our links with them go back centuries we have a lot in common , not just language but a common shared history . But I suspect history is not your strong point. Unfortunately youre so blind with predjudice youre unable to comment rationally on any subject concerning the US.

and Yes I'd rather live in New York than Charleroi

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Take your point Zef , and youre right things have changed in the last 60 years , however my point was that we are not so dependent on the EU as some people would have us believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here