Votes: 34 30.6%
  • West/ East Sussex Boy/ Girl

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
strike95 said:
Who ever voted European is sad. I want us out of the EU.
Same here. Love being English: football, rugby, cricket etc. But during the 2 weeks of the forthcoming Olympic Games I shall enjoy being British. I shall however never enjoy being European.Can't identify with them at all.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Same here. Love being English: football, rugby, cricket etc. But during the 2 weeks of the forthcoming Olympic Games I shall enjoy being British. I shall however never enjoy being European.Can't identify with them at all.

Well said Gullet

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
EAST Sussex, then Sussex, then English. IMO, saying that I am being proud of being European is like saying I am french. No offence . . .

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Strike ranks
1. English (for cricket and football, rugby, etc)
2. Sussex (You know why)
3. British (For Davis Cup, Wimbledon, Omlymics, etc)

I shall never indentify myself as European. Or a SE England Boy because the EU are proposing to divide England up into 9 regions, yet they are not dividing Scotland or Wales.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Juan Albion said:
Darn right. 29 days until I get my citizenship...

Excellent...congratulations!

That is a pride that doesn't come with birth-right.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
strike95 said:
Bwian do you support Maple Leafs? I do.

Look under my name...13 Mats Sundin-only there to wind Juan Albion up:wave: who, for his sins, is a Sens fan:shootself :lolol:

Last edited:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Cool I have followed them for 2 years now, I had a Canadian mate called Jez who got me into it, and I talk to Maple Leaf fans from around the world on Maple Leaf Lane. For the record Jez supports Palace due to his dad being from Cro***n. There is another Canadian Maple Leaf fan on the Brighton message board.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
shingle said:
What twat voted for European. Theres always one, or in this case four

Me. I even posted so. Is "twat" now an adjective for people who actually read and think before spouting their mindless shite at other people?

Pray, do tell me what isn't good about being European. I'd love to hear your educated opinion on this one.

And don't turn it into a Euro currency debate. I'd love to sit here and tear apart your arguments about how bad it'll be for us. I could even use specific examples of companies that'll pull both jobs and trade out of Britain (and f*** our Economy in the process) if we don't join. But that isn't what this thread is about. If you really want to look like a complete tard then please start one. Or just make more uneducated, baseless posts like your one above.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I shall however never enjoy being European.Can't identify with them at all.

And how much time have you spent with other Europeans trying to identify them? Have you ever spent a decent amount of time in other European countries? Or even with other Europeans over here?

I have. And spending time in a group of mixed cultures who still lead similar lives, and have similar ambitions is simply fantastic. (Yes, most other Europeans are normal. They even have 1 head and 2 arms like the rest of us. Amazing, no?)

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
DTES = EUROBOY!

cant think of whats wrong with being European, except you have no real identity - Me I'm proud I'm scottish, our national anthem is moving, some great things have come from my country, me being one and I'm really proud to be a Seagull - I f***ing love Brighton!

ok off to bed now :yawn:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
jmc said:
DTES = EUROBOY!

Hmm. Yes. Maybe I was a little strong there. I was already wound up after having seen the FHM thread, and being called a "twat" just because I happen to be proud of being a member of such a diverse society as Europe didn't appeal to me as either intelligent or polite.. I like variety, and I'm not going to apologise for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here