Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Ahem .... Toronto 3 Boston 0

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

You lot are going out in round one.....

:wave:

David

Disclaimer...
Anytime I state or hint that anything in sports is going to happen it is a clear sign that, in fact, it will not happen. It is, therefor, reasonable for any betting person to take out a second mortgage on Ottawa beating Toronto in round one.
end of disclaimer

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
couldn't give much of a toss really

i love brighton, i love england, i love britain, i love europe. thats about it:clap:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm English . . .very English . . .but I'm also very European,

and strike your hideously naive to think we're not part of Europe, I'm no historian, but I think you'll find that we share quite a lot in common with many of them and in many ways, over hundreds of years If you dont believe that then maybe your a bit 'American' in which case, hand back your passport (if you have one) and f*** off over there :lolol:

an Independant Britain/England would be crippled in no time, we'd be totally shafted financially and then we'd starve because we've built shitty little wimpy houses and 'retail parks' on our farms and land, we have little left of once thriving farming and manufactuiring industries . . . . we are not self sufficient and we'd never be a haven Monaco style so quite how you think it would work I dont know.

you could always quit you political career and become a political correspondent for the Daily Mail though :lolol:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
driddles said:
Ahem .... Toronto 3 Boston 0

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

You lot are going out in round one.....

Same night as Ottawa 4 Montreal 0 - they can always go one better! But that TB score has got to have you worried! :lolol:

Anyway, I hope Toronto and Ottawa don't meet in the first round as I've just had a chance to buy tickets for round 1 before they went on sale, and I couldn't afford to do it. :( :cry:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
strike95 said:
why should we be part of something that invented Coummuism and Facism.

How very true. We should stay as a single nation that killed and enslaved half of the world. That's much better than 'coummuisim', or communism as most people call it. :shootself

Great post Zafarelly.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
zefarelly said:
I'm English . . .very English . . .but I'm also very European,

and strike your hideously naive to think we're not part of Europe, I'm no historian, but I think you'll find that we share quite a lot in common with many of them and in many ways, over hundreds of years If you dont believe that then maybe your a bit 'American' in which case, hand back your passport (if you have one) and f*** off over there :lolol:

an Independant Britain/England would be crippled in no time, we'd be totally shafted financially and then we'd starve because we've built shitty little wimpy houses and 'retail parks' on our farms and land, we have little left of once thriving farming and manufactuiring industries . . . . we are not self sufficient and we'd never be a haven Monaco style so quite how you think it would work I dont know.

you could always quit you political career and become a political correspondent for the Daily Mail though :lolol:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2: I'm proud to be Scottish, European and an Albion and Sussex fan.

Last edited:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
DTES

So DTE's you think we have been a dirty nation with our empire. Well guess what there is no such thing as a perfect nation, just ask native Indians in South America about the Spanish and Portuguese taking over their land. Look at the history of the French, Germans, Spanish, Russians, and Portuguese. They have done the same stuff, in some cases worse. Look at the Romans with their empire. So these nations aren't that much cleaner aren't they. Also do they speak the same languange and have the same music culture. No they don't. Anyone that thinks we have been alful have not studyed world history enough.

ENGLAND IS COOL
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
strike95 said:
DTES

So DTE's you think we have been a dirty nation with our empire. Well guess what there is no such thing as a perfect nation, just ask native Indians in South America about the Spanish and Portuguese taking over their land. Look at the history of the French, Germans, Spanish, Russians, and Portuguese. They have done the same stuff, in some cases worse. Look at the Romans with their empire. So these nations aren't that much cleaner aren't they. Also do they speak the same languange and have the same music culture. No they don't. Anyone that thinks we have been alful have not studyed world history enough.

ENGLAND IS COOL
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap:

er i think dtes was pointing out some negative aspects of britain's hostory cos you tried to make it sound like europe is a hotbed of communism and fascism whilst we are whiter than white.

its amazing that people thing a small stretch of water makes us non european. sorry mate but like it or not most people on this island are of the european race of people. we have a shared culture that goes back centuries: religion, architecture, languages, art etc.

and the most important thing we all share. we LOVE football.

think its you that needs to get the history books out:dunce:

I voted European. Not because of the EU, but because of the paintings of Botticelli.

To be part of a culture than produced La Primavera as well as Stilton cheese is something to be proud of.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Zefarelly

May I ask what planet are you living on

An Independent Britain has been succesfully trading worldwide for centuries, we are the 4th largest economy in the world, in Europe only the German economy is larger than our own. We are 2nd biggest contributors to the EU purse. Of the 10 biggest companies in Europe 7 are British. Only 40 per cent of all of our trade( the lowest of all euro countries ) is with other Euro nations. We trade all over the world and to suggest that we couldnt cut it if we were ever to leave the E. U is quite frankly stupid. You must be thinking of Spain , Portugal or Greece

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
DTES said:
How very true. We should stay as a single nation that killed and enslaved half of the world. That's much better than 'coummuisim', or communism as most people call it. :shootself

The British Empire also did a lot of good around the wolrd. Many nations have the 12 man jury system, railways that were built by the British etc.

In fact these nations enjoyed their time with Britain so much that they elected to stay part of the Commonwealth with quite a few of those nations still having the Queen as head of state.

Yes Britain was involved in slavery but also led the way to abolishing it.

I am proud of coming from Sussex (especially living in Yorkshire as the locals will always say Yorkshire first - see graz :lolol: ) but after that, English.

I don't think European, although they are our nearest neighbours, when we have a lot more in common with Canada and Australia. Having said that I am not anti-European.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I am in a state of confusion as it seems I will shortly be changing my nationality, do I really want to be an American ?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Well BHA

It could be worse , You could be about to become, erh

Norwegian or Belgian or Austrian, now that would be profoundly depressing

St.George

Sep 19, 2003
BN25 1TH
berkshire seagull said:
English and fu-cking love it :drink: :drink:

Also proud of my city and to be born there:drink: :drink: