Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What constituency do you live and vote in ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Manchester Withington, currently Lib Dem with slim majority over Labour. Likely to be held comfortably.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
:O is she fit?

Mmm... no.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Bath, held by Lib Dems since Chris Patten was defeated in 1992 in the aftermath of the poll tax. Have the dubious privilege of living in the ward that elects Bellotti to the local council. Needless to say I always vote against the Lib Dems for that reason.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Brighton Pavilion for me. All those people saying it's going Green, are you actually going to vote for the Green Party?

D

Deleted User X18H

Brighton Pavilion for me. All those people saying it's going Green, are you actually going to vote for the Green Party?

I doubt when faced with the reality in the ballot box many will. This country needs voting based on the national agenda not local ones.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I doubt when faced with the reality in the ballot box many will. This country needs voting based on the national agenda not local ones.
Disagree. I think the Brighton Pavillion ward are in unique position to deliver a bloody nose to Labour. Unhappy left of centre voters may choose to vote Green, which would keep out the Tories, cost the Labour party and give the Greens the voice in parliament that their national-wide support richly deserves.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
There should be one vote for your preferred party and one for a constituent MP whose job it is to represent his/her constituency.

From memory, something similar to this happens in Germany - I can't quite remember how it works and I'm not sure if they still use it...

I think your vote effectively gets counted twice - once to elect your local MP and once again to go towards a regional proportional representation vote. Therefore, about half of the house are elected to represent their consstituencies, and the other half are elected through PR.

The upside is that smaller parties get into parliament, the downside is that independents rarely get in.

I may be well out of date with this... there must be an expert on German politics somewhere...

Last edited:

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
I was previously in Sleaford and North Hykeham with Conservative Douglas Hogg, the man with the moat.
With the boundary changes I'm now in Labour held Lincoln.

Eltham - Labour held with a majority of 3276. It is on the list of seats targetted by the Tories to take. For me it is a tricky one. Clive Efford, the incumbent MP is a bloody good local MP, but can I bring myself to effectively endorse Brown and Co. by voting Labour?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here