Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What club do your KIDS support ?

1066gull

Cadiz Seagull said:
No 1 daughter is the half - not committed but then she isn't committed to any other team either. She just split up with her boyfriend (an Arsenal supporter) so I'm hoping she'll meet a nice Albion guy so between us we can turn the half into a hole. Any takers?
But you live in Spain right? You would be lucky.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cadiz Seagull said:
No 1 son is hooked for life and had better remain so if he wants to keep using my season ticket.

And I'll never forgive you for it :angry:

And I thought you weren't renewing next year?

And it's 'whole', not 'hole'.

AdrianDINho said:
But you live in Spain right? You would be lucky.

Yeah but she doesn't.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Both parents and their parents were Albion supporters so you could it's in my genes. In fact at one stage my Mum was supporters club secretery, Dad was treasurer and Grandad was chairman. And Mum & Dad met behind the south goal at the Goldstone. Didn't have any choice who I was going to support. My two boys have followed in the family tradition too without asking!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My kids are grown up but my daughter is a Sheff Wed fan (despite growing up in West and not South Yorkshire - I think it was more to do with Chris Waddle) She used to go regularly until she had kids of her own. She's married to a Pompey fan.

My son is a Bradford fan. I really tried hard with him when he was younger because he showed signs of becoming a Man Utd fan but whenever we visited Grandad we took him to the Goldstone ground and to local games in Yorkshire ie Halifax and Huddersfield but he fell in love with the Bantams. At least he didn't follow his Dad's team of Leeds.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't have any children, but if I did they would have two choices follow the Albion or the nearest league team...which is err, Swindon...they would have two choices, follow the Albion or be put up for adoption.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
both my girls are Albion & knew the words to GOSBTS since before they started school.My oldest has been to around 15 games , has only seen us lose 1 & is now wanting a season ticket,the youngest will be joining us next season. Theyve also done a sound job of converting their cousin & a couple of friends to the Albion.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I never supported a team when I was younger.. until I was about 12/13 I couldnt stand football!!! But luckily ive turned to the good side! :p I know many kids who only like Man U, Chelski, Arsenal etc and after a few years most of them turn to there local team etc So maybe its just a case of time. And a decent new stadium??? To brag about to there m8s at school.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I supported Everton until last year when I finally saw sense. I've been to approximately 12 home games this season and bought merchandise.

About 15% of my school support The Albion and about 3% support lower league teams because of their connections including one of my best mates who supports Forest.

The rest support Premiership teams, mainly Arsenal and United and very, very rarely go to games. They would probably go to Brighton games if they were free at the time and it only cost around £5.

:albion:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Seagull_tim said:
I supported Everton until last year when I finally saw sense. I've been to approximately 12 home games this season and bought merchandise.

About 15% of my school support The Albion and about 3% support lower league teams because of their connections including one of my best mates who supports Forest.

The rest support Premiership teams, mainly Arsenal and United and very, very rarely go to games. They would probably go to Brighton games if they were free at the time and it only cost around £5.

:albion:

Saw sense and Supported Brighton? Contradiction of terms there i reckon my old fruit!

;)

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
My son supports Crewe Alex :(

Though he knows that the Albion are a big club and that our fans are the best in the League (still young enough to believe me on these things).

I'm convinced he might have supported us if I'd been able to get him in at home games a few seasons ago but I couldn't justify making him a STH.

If we could only stuff Crewe on Saturday then I might have a chance of persuading him to come along and watch us at the next game. Though I thought that before the Crewe game earlier this season at Withdean and look what happened :down:

1066gull

Manure until I was about 8, than Liverpool, than Brighton and forever will be:) :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
I have been a Seagull all my life and I drum into my 5 year old son the importance of being an Albion fan. He is catching on !!. Stuff Chelsea !!. I am not lining their over inflated pockets !!:albion:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Al bion, at least your son can't be accused of being a glory seeker, I am assuming that you live near Crewe so he has a good excuse for supporting them and didn't do it in a random moment of madness.

Wanderbus, next time you take your kids to a game, let me know...I need to break my 10 game losing streak!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I supported Manchester United and i still love them i am afraid and maybe you would have if your Dad had taken you to watch them at the Dell and saw The late great George Best score an astonishing hat-trick! Not until i passed my test and drove to The Goldstone for an evening game against Aston Villa.It was so packed and my girlfriend and i arrived just before kick-off.We were ushered into the "Away" terrace. The result was 1-1...........I was hooked. And while my love dwindled for that girlfriend of the time, my love for the Albion is as strong as ever. The ultimate game in my book arrived in 1983 Brighton and Hove Albion versus Manchester United. No devided Loyalties here.........I became a Man U.....Hater.....for two matches. I always tell people i am a Man U fan but a Brighton supporter. And i dont go for this plastic fan or i am a better fan than you crap its down to who you want and can watch and i chose to watch Brighton all over the country, through thick or thin, season tickets when i could afford it, on protest marches in all their troubles and gaining countless petition signatures over the years. Albion through and through and i was dead chuffed when for christmas my lovely daughter bought me the current shirt sighned by a well known fanatical superstar supporter, The fact she had gone to the trouble of getting the signature meant more to me than the signature itself.........she has a soft spot for the Albion too:clap2: :clap2: :albion: :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here