Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What beer should be on tap at the Amex.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I ask again (as it seems to have been lost in attempts by ome to impress with their knowledge of cellarmanship - tap, spile look at me I know what Im talking about); has anyone ever been to a football ground in the U.K that sells bitter from a brewary local to the ground on hand pump?

Yes, Notts County.

What do I win?

Edit: Though they may have stopped since Hardys and Hansons (RIP) got taken over by Greene King :scum:

Last edited:

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Really?

No ones got around to asking Dark star about it yet.

Not true, Scotish & Newcastle, one of the bidders for the bar franchise have contacted both Dark Star and Harveys
about supplying 'bright' real ale for the Amex. As S&N don't brew real ale now, let's hope they get the contract!

If only one were provided, my guess would be Dark Star as a) they are well used to supplying bright beer for
various events, and b) their wholesale price is a lot cheaper than Harveys.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
The club should support local breweries such as Harveys and Dark Star. It would be criminal to have this superb stadium serving John Smiths and all those shite lagers. If you look at successful pubs they all sell a good range of real ales. Come on lets us have the best range of beers at any stadium in the country.

Let's assume a crowd of 18,000.

20 per cent of them want to drink beer or lager at the ground.

25 per cent of these want to drink real ale.

The average consumption of real ale is 1 pint per drinker per game.

Do the maths ...

That's 900 pints needed ... enough to justify making deliveries.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This may seem controversial but for me whatever makes the club the most money and will be consumed by the most punters!

This is bollocks though isn't it. It's not like there is going to be one beer and one beer only, in which case the most popular would make the club money. It's simply about providing the best choice, especially given the fact that the club seem to want to encourage people to use the concourse bars before and after matches, and also because of the ground's somewhat unsociable location.

Not really expecting a local ale anyway, I've never seen any other club do it (although I think Yeovil served a local ale in their marquee just outside the stadium), but it would be amazing to have Harveys, or even better Hophead, on tap!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club should support local breweries such as Harveys and Dark Star. It would be criminal to have this superb stadium serving John Smiths and all those shite lagers. If you look at successful pubs they all sell a good range of real ales. Come on lets us have the best range of beers at any stadium in the country.

Not true most succesful pubs are such because of the volume of lager, bottled beers and alco pop/flavoured ciders and spirits that they sell. The good succesful pubs sell a very limited range of real ales but look after the ones that they do sell.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You seem to have a great handle on stats and can isntantly know what's accurate or not and what people think with absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up. :lol::D

You really do seem to have some unresolved issues with your anger. Perhaps it's all that lager you've been drinking?

Now I suggest you stay calm, breathe deeply a few times and think of a happy place and hopefully your dark mood and tension will start to fade away.

Thankfully Im not sad enought to search for your spurious stats on the other falmer beer thread.

May surprise you but I HATE lager.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More to the point what champagne will they have in the 1901 Club? My favourite is Canard-Duchêne. I like a cheeky lager chaser afterwards though, I find Asahi goes well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dark star are in the running but real ale will be on a trial basis ,use or loose it due to waste ect fair enough I suppose.

How much will have to be drunk then?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Harvey's obviously, as a "Harvey Smith" to the Lewes gentlefolk.

And for German beer I reckon Becks is as good as anything, brewed under the Reinheitsgebot so not full of wife-beater type chemicals designed to mess your brain up.

As someone said to me its natural German mineral water

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It really is a ridiculous arguement all this. If you go into a cafe you can have tea, coffee, chocolate or even bovril etc.

Its about giving the customer what they want.

If they dont offer me a decent pint....... I`m off to somewhere that does.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I ask again (as it seems to have been lost in attempts by ome to impress with their knowledge of cellarmanship - tap, spile look at me I know what Im talking about); has anyone ever been to a football ground in the U.K that sells bitter from a brewary local to the ground on hand pump?

Burnley away, about 5 years ago. They had a beer festival in the club bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here