Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What beer should be on tap at the Amex.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This may seem controversial but for me whatever makes the club the most money and will be consumed by the most punters!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am sure that you as an expert would appreciate that to set up natural beer some 36 hours before use needs ideal conditions and to not be disturbed etc. Bright beer is cleared in the brewery and can come off the back of a lorry chucked about and then served so there is no problem if somebody kicks the cask or falls over it or whatever. This doesnt make very much difference to the taste or quality of the beer just a process of clearing the beer quicker rather than in the old days of adding finings or other additives to clear it. As Harveys is a few miles away from the ground they could get an idea of expected attendance on a Saturday morning and deliver the required amount accordingly thus avoiding hopefully running out or overstocking.

What I mean is - once having sorted how much ale they will get through (a hard one to call at present - but it's the same for ANY supplier) - why can't they put a couple of hogsheads or butts in on frames? They don't have to be pumped from kegs on the floor - surely.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If there's no Harveys, what is the point in even opening The AMEX to the public?.....

Because apart from a few real ale lovers most of the public will probably want Fosters and lots of it.

Edit: according to ROSM 35% of females prefer real ale apparantly.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I ask again (as it seems to have been lost in attempts by ome to impress with their knowledge of cellarmanship - tap, spile look at me I know what Im talking about); has anyone ever been to a football ground in the U.K that sells bitter from a brewary local to the ground on hand pump?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I ask again (as it seems to have been lost in attempts by ome to impress with their knowledge of cellarmanship - tap, spile look at me I know what Im talking about); has anyone ever been to a football ground in the U.K that sells bitter from a brewary local to the ground on hand pump?

Personally...
Football ground - no.
Beer festival - yes.

And it's not always on a hand pump, it's sometimes gravity-fed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some years ago as mentioned earlier Ipswich Town Fc (Centre Point) who sold Tolly Cobbold and Molyneaux Wolverhampton who sold a local Dudly brewery beer but in saying that it was in the days of barrells (36gal) which were served not by tap and spile but by syphon in the top of the barrel. I have not seen barrells for many years so would assume that health and safety does not allow them so the largest available casks are Kilns which hold 18 gals (144 pts). I did a relief recently at a pub in Molesey which had 8 kilns a week delivered so it is possible for a football club to have that amount delivered provided they have a big enough storage space as obviously they will not have a cellar in the traditional sense.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Because apart from a few real ale lovers most of the public will probably want Fosters and lots of it.

Edit: according to ROSM 35% of females prefer real ale apparantly.

TMLS - very good attempt but fails on 2 counts;

1) Accuracy. If you're going to misquote me then make it at least within touching distance of accuracy. Even Easy 10 knows how to make misquotes believable.

2) Relevance. Again nobody here is talking about NOT stocking fosters or alternative similar product. You like it, you can have it.

Now perhaps it's time you got back to your slightly pyschotic haunting of John Baine? You are beginning to come across as unhinged as Mr Jelly himself.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I would love to see Harvey or Dark Star at the Amex.

The only issue I would think would be that is maybe quicker to pour lager/keg beer than it is to hand pull a pint of ale. When I've seen lager served at stadiums/festivals, there have always been a few pre poured that the staff just hand over.

I'm not sure Real Ale, would be that good of its left to hang around.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Not at the football, but I have had Bath Ales served this way at Bath Racecourse....very nice it was as well, I think it was bright but it was alright:thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was off the top of my head. But whatever the stat was it was quite frankly crap. Whether 95% or 1%.

Thankfully people are speaking up about the self indulgent pap that he plays. The more the merrier. He believes in the people deciding, well more people are getting fed up every other week.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Genuine question....how long does bright keep for?

Oh and for the record it should be generic lager/cider/john smiths type bitter (basically anything that'll keep). The real ale crowd (myself included) will just have to suck it up and drink something else for the one or two pints we're likely to consume every fortnight like you have to at every other football league ground in the country.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It was off the top of my head. But whatever the stat was it was quite frankly crap. Whether 95% or 1%.

Thankfully people are speaking up about the self indulgent pap that he plays. The more the merrier. He believes in the people deciding, well more people are getting fed up every other week.

You seem to have a great handle on stats and can isntantly know what's accurate or not and what people think with absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up. :lol::D

You really do seem to have some unresolved issues with your anger. Perhaps it's all that lager you've been drinking?

Now I suggest you stay calm, breathe deeply a few times and think of a happy place and hopefully your dark mood and tension will start to fade away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here