Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What beer should be on tap at the Amex.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I would expect the standard Foster, Carling or Carlsberg which ever brewer gets the contract and whatever is their ale if they deem it viable to have real ale other wise we shall finish up with John Smths Smooth, Tetley Smooth or Boddingtons or some other keg beer. Because of the location, unfortunately Harveys is a possibility, but wouldnt expect the likes of Dark Star to get a look in as I dont think they will be able to compete with tendering price that the big companies can. I would like to see London Pride but wont build my hopes up because if they do not supply Brentford, on their doorstep there is not a lot of hope for them supplying us. I would think the favourite must be Coors with their Carling and Becks Vier.

certainly wouldn't object to London pride. Emirates does have bottled London Pride in their exec level and they do have it in the boardroom at Brentford and in 3 of the 4 pubs on the corners around the ground. Youngs is also not a bad beer but cant recall that in any ground.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I wonder if there is any chance of the catering improving at the Amex??

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Probably. Although if you go to the wrong bars in London it's £3.50 for a f***ing bottle!!

Never understood why some people drink bottled versions of beers that are also on tap (e.g. Stella), same price for half the beer! Loads of people do it though.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hopefully not Carlsberg or Carling.
Budweiser and Amstel with a cheeky Patricia a uruguayan beer. (Never tasted it but it should keep Gus happy)

You say "hopefully not Carlsberg or Carling" and suggest BUDWEISER instead?

Please return your tastebuds, they're clearly defective if you think Budweiser is even drinkable, let alone suitable as a replacement for, oh, anything else.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Leffe on tap would be amazing, but I'm probably asking for too much there.

Otherwise, as long as there's a premium lager there I'll be happy, but no doubt they'll have to have some piss lager as well to please a large amount of customers.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Not anything to do with taste just dont like Scousers particularly and I know its narrow minded and all now that they are not the main sponsor but I have worked with so many annoying Liverpool Fans. As for Carling its just Everywhere and their adverts are crap.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Addlestones would be a good cider (tends to be in a lot of Harvey's pubs anyway).

I would expect the standard Foster, Carling or Carlsberg which ever brewer gets the contract and whatever is their ale if they deem it viable to have real ale other wise we shall finish up with John Smiths Smooth, Tetley Smooth or Boddingtons or some other keg beer.

I'm led to believe Harvey's AND Dark Star will be available at Falmer.

There seems to be a discrepancy between how people imagine "the contract" will be let. Will it be on the basis of "choose your supplier and put up with what they give you" or "choose what you want and tell the contractor to supply it" ?

We've been told all along that Falmer will be different from other stadiums. So far, it's lived up to that promise.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Gotta be Harveys surely. It's not my favourite beer but it's a good ale and I've been told that's what they'll have mainly due to the location. Bring the real ale live football watching experience on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There seems to be a discrepancy between how people imagine "the contract" will be let. Will it be on the basis of "choose your supplier and put up with what they give you" or "choose what you want and tell the contractor to supply it" ?

We've been told all along that Falmer will be different from other stadiums. So far, it's lived up to that promise.

I would expect the process to be a case of companies tendering with price and product availability and the 2 will be weighed up against each other and a decision made taking all aspects into account that (a) The club must make the maximum amount of money (b) The customers must be satisfied. However, this hasnt worked for both aspects with the catering in the northstand at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here