Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are you working for?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've recently started a new job and one of the key points they stress when you start is to get a goal, get something you really want to work toward. And naturally, being male, my first thought was to a car. And here it is, a Volvo C30.
767052-366582.jpg

767052-366581.jpg

767052-366579.jpg

I want it in blue or green, but that's the general idea. Atleast 1 of you will recognise this as the car of choice for Edward Cullen... And that bought it to my attention if I'm honest, but I think it's pretty cool and it's something to work toward.

So, what are you all working for? For those of us living at home and working toward splashing some serious cash on something selfish, what are you thinking about?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I'm working towards getting a job out of what I'm doing now!

Then the rest will follow, but I guess from that the goals would be being able to stay in London after being a student and continue to keep my career prospects open.

Not asking for much aye? :lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I always worked towards retiring and enjoying life with my family.
I succeeded in reaching my objective at age 55.
My aim now is to continue enjoying life up to and beyond the age of 80

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I work to stop c'unts make false passports.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only goal now is to add to pension fund so that I can retire with some money to spend.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Er, I'm sorry to be a negative nancy but that car is f***ing hideous.

My moolah goes on servicing my ridiculous drink and drug habit.

Anything left over is going towards a new car stereo

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That metallic green doesn't look at all bad, actually. I would like to withdraw my criticism!

I actually prefer a darker shade aswell, but I think it suits that particular model. I've fallen in love with that one, I love the registration plate aswell, Shy 095. Brilliant. I would be getting myself a personalised license plate anyway! Vain, but I don't care.

Er, I'm sorry to be a negative nancy but that car is f***ing hideous.

Don't apologise for a valid opinion. What would you prefer, a Micra? :p

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I actually prefer a darker shade aswell, but I think it suits that particular model. I've fallen in love with that one, I love the registration plate aswell, Shy 095. Brilliant. I would be getting myself a personalised license plate anyway! Vain, but I don't care.

Don't apologise for a valid opinion. What would you prefer, a Micra? :p

Get it in white... it's sexual:
volvo-c30.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It does look pretty damn good in any colour, to be fair. But I'm not sure white is a wise choice in general, I would much prefer a darker shade. That said, white would stick out more and that's not a bad thing.

I even think it looks good like this!
volvo-c30-t5-by-lexm_460x0w.jpg

but in silver it really does make me :drool:
2008-volvo-c30-efficiency.jpg

It's just a truly special car. I can't remember it being on Top Gear though, does anyone know if it has been? I'd like to know what Jeremy and the boys make of it. Surely it's super cool on the wall?!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Looks great in white, and from all sides and quarters except directly from behind ... looks a bit "wide hipped" then!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Looks great in white, and from all sides and quarters except directly from behind ... looks a bit "wide hipped" then!

I LOVE it from behind, excuse the phrase. I think it is designed to magnificence from all sides and I would be honoured to drive it. I need to learn first though. :lolol: My goal is to be able to drive it to Swindon to impress my friend before our match next season, you'll excuse me this reference to her I would hope because it is actually relevant and might even seal the deal after the city of Brighton wowed her last week! :lol:

Nottseagull, if her name was Kate then I might have considered that! Get the licence plate and then get the car, in fact, I might do that anyway. But her name is slightly longer and begins with L, so! Sorry.

blue-volvo-c30.JPG

Oh, my. I may get it painted in blue and white stripes!

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm working towards saving for a car myself but it'll probably be a second hand Ka or Corsa or Fiesta or anything that is around 2.5k and has less then 50k miles for that matter. I've just paid off my credit card and I don't feel like getting myself back in debt again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here