Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are you working for?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
pay the bills put a little by for the grandkids and as long as ive enough left over for awaydays thatl do for me.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Don't apologise for a valid opinion. What would you prefer, a Micra? :p

No, but the SEX ON WHEELS that I drive certainly tops it

imagen8bzbv.jpg

BAMMO

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
To save enough for a decent retirement, sod cars.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, but the SEX ON WHEELS that I drive certainly tops it

imagen8bzbv.jpg

BAMMO

What the hell is that?! :laugh: If you're going to have a banana car, it should be a Hyundai Accent, a friend of mine had one of those and jesus, it could shift itself! Holmes Avenue at 70mph, oh yeah!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I know I know, Volvo is a generally shit make of car. But come on mr HIney, the C30 is a massive exception to the rule. Just check out the pictures on page 1!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well mine is blue actually, but I don't have a photo of it.

And it DOES shift, much faster than a poxy Hyundai. The thing is engineered by LOTUS no less

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Blue eh, poncey blue or metallic?

Lotus aren't great through my eyes if I'm honest, but then neither are old style Volvo cars.

Jan 30, 2008
What the hell is that?! :laugh: If you're going to have a banana car, it should be a Hyundai Accent, a friend of mine had one of those and jesus, it could shift itself! Holmes Avenue at 70mph, oh yeah!
MVI coupe ,100 bhp wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've recently started a new job and one of the key points they stress when you start is to get a goal, get something you really want to work toward

What they actually meant was we want to work you are hard as we can on the smallest amount pay.

As we can't be bothered to set you any goals, we let you set your own.

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
Are you sure they meant a car?

Goal setting exercises can be more about personal fulfillment, where you want to get to in your life (and, from their point of view, how you will develop in the job to get your life where you want it to be).

You had the interview, not me, so I might be wrong :-0 And clearly there's nothing stopping you getting the car as well!

Hope it all works out exactly as you want it to Ninja.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thanks for the kind words, Altered State. :thumbsup:

A car is exactly the type of thing they want you to aim for, something short term you can visualise while working, for motivation. They have a business development plan and all that, so you have more long term goals aswell. But when starting at the very bottom, you're comission based pay only, so you need something to focus your mind and get you working hard, to get your money and get your promotions. I'm only interested in making money right now, I want to go to EVERY Albion game next season if I can and I am able to do that if I work hard through the summer, and be clever with the money I do make. I'm mainly focusing on the car short term though, I want that before the end of the year. I am driven!

Good luck to everyone else who has contributed aswell.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am working purely for the money so that I can retire as soon as bloody possible or at least go part time. Pay of the mortgage and then hang my boots up.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Currently I am working towards a First in my degree! Hard to be motivated by a classification written on a piece of paper though!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Served a apprenticeship as an aircraft engineer, reached management level in large airline, became pissed off, developed my properties, bought pubs, bought nice small holdings,recently lost everything, gone bankrupt, living in rented house, on benefits for the 1st time in my life, looking after my wife (as a full time carer), who is unfortunately unable to work due to disability, and my kids but happy.So at present not working for anything but love and a rest. Be grateful for what you got, there's many worse off than you.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
In this order:

3:30 (School day)
Friday (ditto, week)
June 19 (ditto, year)

Teachers are all of course selfless, devoted servants of the public good, but nothing ever looks quite as good as the back of a student in June.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here