Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are you working for?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I'm working towards having a place with two trees where I can string a hammock & be fed grapes by a scantily clad goddess. To be fair I have the goddess already & live in a pretty good climate already but I'm thinking N.E Brazil & a plot right on the beach which is still achievable for around 60k. Anyway that was my first ever posting after just being a bystander for the past several years!
The Volvo is alright imho but the new Ford Kuga is whats lighting my fires at the moment.:bigwave:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For my baby, due to arrive mid-September.
And for his/her mummy.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Actually, my friend in Swindon is a great deal better looking and so much nicer. :blush: Ah, her cute little body will be mine.

Anyhoo, I found this drop dead gorgeous C30 parked on my road earlier. :love:
photo052k.jpg

I'm not sure which I want more, actually. The car, or the girl.

ah f***, you live near me!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Congratulations. :clap:

:down: On the plus side, that's a fairly massive area and it's hardly a problem, guv. Out of interest, have you seen that Volvo? It is much prettier in body than it is in picture.

Yup, I often walk past it - C30s do look better in the flesh but it's certainly not a car i'd have. It's front wheel drive to start!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yup, I often walk past it - C30s do look better in the flesh but it's certainly not a car i'd have. It's front wheel drive to start!

That just makes the drive more intense, surely? I don't actually drive yet (I will by the end of the year, and I'll be driving my C30 by the end of the year too! :thumbsup: ), but I should think it would feel more powerful that way. I don't care, it's all about the looks.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
lol, not at all.

When you accelerate something, the front end usually lifts up therefore on a front wheel drive car you're accelerating and lifting the only driving wheels off the road a little (hence wheelspin) whereas a rear or 4 wheel drive car's rear wheels are able to still power the vehicle forward (as the rear of the car is being held into the road). You can make the front end heavier to counteract this but that just gives you more understeer and numb steering.

Put it this way, next time you're using a shopping trolley around the supermarket - would you push it from behind or go and pull it from the front?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. As I said, it's all about the looks. :blush:

Be honest, mr Neil, if you were female and a guy pulled up outside your house in that beauty to drive you to your football team being beaten by his, would you not be totally and utterly seduced beyond description?!

If not, which car would you suggest?! :lol:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
You'll have to rephrase that in English mate :laugh:

In my experience, most women don't really care about the motor - my ex for example wanted a 'nice blue car' - that was her only criteria.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Meh, worked for me. :p

Well, it can't hurt to have a pretty car. Maybe I should get the green C30 I posted a couple of pages ago, her favourite colour is green you see. Sounds like a plan to me, but maybe I should wait for the actual fixtures to be released rather than just assume we'll be there in December AGAIN...

Anyhoo, I had an induction meeting at my new place of work today and th owner informed me that last year he took home £118,000 and this year is going to make about £189,000. Not bad, and safe to say, that's quite something to work for! In 2 years time, I'll be running my own office.

10 years time and I'll own Brighton and Hove Albion!

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Meh, worked for me. :p

Anyhoo, I had an induction meeting at my new place of work today and th owner informed me that last year he took home £118,000 and this year is going to make about £189,000. Not bad, and safe to say, that's quite something to work for! In 2 years time, I'll be running my own office.

10 years time and I'll own Brighton and Hove Albion!

For a moment there I got confused by your avatar and thought you'd given away the winner of the apprentice! :dunce:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:lol:
If the sums of money I mentioned were millions of pounds rather than thousands, that might have worked!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here