Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are the little things which annoy you about a sport?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The constant wrestling between players in the penalty area for corners and free kicks. If this happens outside the area it's a free kick so why is it allowed to continue in the area?

DEN_WSU

Jan 5, 2012
Brighton
Not just with sport but people the say anything over 100% seriously you can not give more than 100% so stop with the ' we gave 110%' balls**t

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There are so many things in football that piss me off that I'm not going to start.

Rugby Union:
The haka. You can f*** off with that. Holding the game up EVERY SINGLE GAME.
The fact that 18 years after the fall of apartheid and the Sith Ifrican Springboks are still chock full of fat white boers.

Rugby League:
This is an odd one, but the propensity to SPONGE off football culture in lieu of a culture of its own.

Formula One:
I just hate the fact the twats all earn MILLIONS when they're not in as competitive a market as footballers, and they all f*** off and live in tax havens. Tossers.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ex-Pros who think they no more than managers, who in fact are generally to scared to become a manager or in fact are failed managers.

if it was that easy, then why are you sat on a sofa and not in the duggout, MUPPETS.

Sep 1, 2010
Fans if the egg chasers. They more than anyone seem to be complete cocks with their dislike of Football.

SO f***ing what that you don't like it. Just carry on watching your big Thugs without the constant droning on about what other ppl like watching

This is not all of them of course but I have met so many of them that cannot wait to pipe up with pride on how much they hate it.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
John terry smiling

Those players when they come on as a sub, who seem to sprint faster then usain bolt to get to their position, but during the rest of the match, can't keep up with the ref

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The pre-match huddle that various football teams seem to do, leaving the other team standing around waiting.

You've had hours, days even, to prepare for the game so frankly the idea that the other team should wait while you have a group hug and listen to the captain grunt "c'mon boys, let's do this" is ludicrous.

I would be absolutely DELIGHTED if one day, a referee had the NUTS to point out that as all the huddling team are in their own half and outside the centre circle, the opponents may kick off when they please. It would be absolutely CORKING to see the expression on the face of some idiot like Steve Cotterill as the opposing striker received the ball and gently lobbed it into Forest's net for the lead while his players were busy giving each other man-love and pointless platitudes.

Wait...let's make the group hug delaying the kick off a yellow card offence too, that'd soon stop them if they knew every player would start the game on a yellow card.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Rules changes that would be so easy to implement, but doesn't happen, especially around time wasting.

Eg. Don't stop the play for substitutions. Once the board is held up the guy coming off can't deliberately interfere with play or it's a free kick, and the on coming player can't enter the field until the player coming off has left the field. Result, he RUNS off the field rather than walks. Anyone waiting for the substitution before taking a free kick, throw in etc, is booked in line with the usual rules on "time wasting".

Simples.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and I also hate it that players constantly put the ball out these days for a team mate/ opponent who's sat down looking forlorn and hurt because he has the slightest twinge.

I pay to watch football, not some overpaid hatstand gingerly rubbing his calf because thirty seconds earlier he brushed against someone's boot while fraudulently trying to win a free kick. Then the physio comes on, does absolutely SOD ALL, and the player hobbles off theatrically, before inevitably sprinting on again the second he's permitted to, like nothing had ever happened.

Or- even worse- the player who's limping around, approximately 4cm from the touchline, who waves at the ref and then sits his arse down, ON the pitch, demanding treatment and the stopping of the game. Get OFF the pitch if you want treatment, you lazy prima-donna. I wish more referees would tell them this, rather than sucking up to them and stopping the game.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I would be absolutely DELIGHTED if one day, a referee had the NUTS to point out that as all the huddling team are in their own half and outside the centre circle, the opponents may kick off when they please. It would be absolutely CORKING to see the expression on the face of some idiot like Steve Cotterill as the opposing striker received the ball and gently lobbed it into Forest's net for the lead while his players were busy giving each other man-love and pointless platitudes.

This would be great... and I would extend it to teams that take ages to get back into their own half after scoring.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The fact football didn't exist before the Premiership/Sky.
Sports like basketball where it's just metronomic scoring at both ends for hours on end: you score, they score, you score, they score, you score, they score, zzzzzzz.
Scott McGleish.
Henman Hill. Murray Mount. "Come on Tim!" from Daily Mail reading home counties ladies. Basically all that nonsense that ruins Wimbledon.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oh, and Leon Knight. He was little. And annoying.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Oh, and I also hate it that players constantly put the ball out these days for a team mate/ opponent who's sat down looking forlorn and hurt because he has the slightest twinge.

I pay to watch football, not some overpaid hatstand gingerly rubbing his calf because thirty seconds earlier he brushed against someone's boot while fraudulently trying to win a free kick. Then the physio comes on, does absolutely SOD ALL, and the player hobbles off theatrically, before inevitably sprinting on again the second he's permitted to, like nothing had ever happened.

Or- even worse- the player who's limping around, approximately 4cm from the touchline, who waves at the ref and then sits his arse down, ON the pitch, demanding treatment and the stopping of the game. Get OFF the pitch if you want treatment, you lazy prima-donna. I wish more referees would tell them this, rather than sucking up to them and stopping the game.

The Player can't leave the pitch without the referees permission, so if he did leave for treatment he could potentially get booked.

Although once the game has stopped he could then get off the pitch and recieve treatment on the pitch to allow the game to resume, although this wouldnt make much sense as the longer he is on the pitch getting treatment the less time he will be off the pitch and his team down to 10 men.

Saying that I do see your point, unless of course its an Albion player.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
similar things in football each drive me nuts....

when a sub comes on and does a catholic cross on his body.

when someone scores or the game finishes and the player looks to sky thanking god.

besides the sillyness of a bearded male archetype "above" - the thought that he had a part in ones goal, coming on, final score is completely nuts.

Tim Tebow is the most irritating player in NFL for that reason - but as one of the lowest ranked quarterbacks last season he probably needs all the help he can get

Kendo3

Jul 26, 2004
Uckfield
TV companies that show football highlights and have the ability to cut the player who is gobbing, they not only keep it in but they show the whole process from drawing it up to the extraction!!

Comentators that call Rosicky - Rowzitski

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Player can't leave the pitch without the referees permission, so if he did leave for treatment he could potentially get booked.

But all they'd have to do is shout "Oi ref...just going off for a moment", and he could nod & approve it, exactly as he does when they come back on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here