Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What americanisms do you hate?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
US Seagull said:
Now I'm not accusing you of being a racist. But the confederate flag is a symbol of oppression and hatred and not heritage.

Hate to agree with a total tosser like britbyte but your talking shite. The Union Jack the french and the spanish flag could also be interpreted as such with respect to SOME of their history. ditto China ref Tibet and the list goes on.

The Civil war was not fought over slavery although it did become an issue in the end as a military tactic, the question is why would you wish to interpret it that way when most southerners including blacks dont?

If your going to indulge in cheap political Grandstanding shouldn't you also consider Soviet/Communist flags?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
looney said:
Hate to agree with a total tosser like britbyte but your talking shite. The Union Jack the french and the spanish flag could also be interpreted as such with respect to SOME of their history. ditto China ref Tibet and the list goes on.

But you miss the point that ALL of the confederate flags history, from when the birth of the CSA to it's eventual destruction is steeped with blood and for the entire (brief) history of the CSA it supported slavery. That is why it remains a symbol of hatred and oppression in the same way as the nazi flag.

why would you wish to interpret it that way when most southerners including blacks dont?

Shows how ignorant you are. Perhaps you missed the controversy in South Carolina?

If your going to indulge in cheap political Grandstanding shouldn't you also consider Soviet/Communist flags?

Soviet/Communist flags? What the f*** has that got to do with the debate? I wasn't aware that any Americans where flying the Soviet flag. It's cheap political grandstanding on your part to bring up something completely irrelevant.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The relevence is the soviets oppressed loads of people but you dont hear calls for that to be banned.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can only speak from personal experience like I say. My step daughter has a large rebel flag in her house and I've never heard any of her many Afro American friends take exception to it. As a matter of fact when I had one of my Rebel Flag tattoos done I had a long chat over the net about it with a couple of them and the sum total of their opinion was simply 'What bullshit'.

What else is there to be said ?

I can't speak for all Southern States but of the four I have spent some time in (Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Texas) I would say I heard for more racist remarks in the Northern states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey let alone New York whilst I was there a few years ago. That's just my own personal experience.

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
looney said:
The relevence is the soviets oppressed loads of people but you dont hear calls for that to be banned.

No, still not relevant. The thread is about the US. Tell me who in the US is flying a communist flag (probably the DNC in your fantasy world). In fact, tell me who in the WORLD is still flying it? And then tell me who said anything about banning anything.
You're trying to sidetrack the issue to cover up the fact that you don't know a damn thing about the original issue and you post was complete nonsense and had no merit at all.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
bhaexpress said:
I can only speak from personal experience like I say. My step daughter has a large rebel flag in her house and I've never heard any of her many Afro American friends take exception to it. As a matter of fact when I had one of my Rebel Flag tattoos done I had a long chat over the net about it with a couple of them and the sum total of their opinion was simply 'What bullshit'.

What else is there to be said ?

I can't speak for all Southern States but of the four I have spent some time in (Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Texas) I would say I heard for more racist remarks in the Northern states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey let alone New York whilst I was there a few years ago. That's just my own personal experience.

Well if I was an African American living in the deep south in a town where every other house flies the confederate flag, I think I'd keep my mouth shut too!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dear oh dear US, I am amazed that you take on board all this PC crap. Don't have too many black friends do you ?

I have to admit I was a bit perplexed at first as some of the guys were edgy in my presence at first but that was because I was white. (I had no tats or flags at the time).

Still, by the same token as I have said previously do we ban the Cross of St, George because the National Fromg and the BMP choose to use it as a symbol ?

There's more than a few people around the world who find the Stars and Stripes pretty annoying too. To a lot of arabs (amongst others it's a true symbol of repression). Perhaps we'd better not have the Union Jack flown in the US either because it was us that sold the slaves to the good citizens of the Conferderacy.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The word SO in front of everything.

ie.

Thats SO not funny.
Thats SO not fair.
Thats like, SO last year.

f*** off.
We have 'Friends' to thank for all teenagers in this country speaking like fuckwits.

MRSBHA

Mar 4, 2004
Rossville, GA, USA
US SEAGULL I PITTY YOU FOR YOU LIVE A SAD LIFE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT MONUMENTS IN A NATIONAL PARK. I CANT REMEMBER WHEN I FELT THE NEED TO GO TO A NATIONAL PARK AND PISS ON THE MONUMENTS. FOR SOMEONE THAT THINKS THAT HE IS BETTER THAN OTHERS AND LIVING IN THE COUNTRY THAT HE DESPISES SO MUCH. ARENT YOU BEING RACIST YOURSELF . GROUPING EVERYONE TOGETHER JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE SOUTHERN. NOT ALL OF US ARE. I DO HAVE RACIST IN MY FAMILY BUT THAT DONT MEAN THAT I AM JUST BECAUSE I LOVE THE FLAG.

THIS IS ALL IN FUN AND I DONT TAKE OFFENSE TO ANY OF IT UNTIL SOMEONE STARTS GETTING DIARRHEA OF THE MOUTH .

TO SUM IT UP LIKE US AMERIACANS LIKE TO DO . YOU NEED AN ORAL DOUCHE. :salute:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And what's more, Mrs Bha is more than caperble of admininstering said douche !

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
MRSBHA said:
US SEAGULL I PITTY YOU FOR YOU LIVE A SAD LIFE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT MONUMENTS IN A NATIONAL PARK. I CANT REMEMBER WHEN I FELT THE NEED TO GO TO A NATIONAL PARK AND PISS ON THE MONUMENTS..

So you would have no problem with the Japanese erecting a statue in Pearl Harbor of a Japanese solider waving the imperial flag and trampling an America solider? Losers don't get monuments and definitely not ones that are so degrading to the winners.

MRSBHA said:
FOR SOMEONE THAT THINKS THAT HE IS BETTER THAN OTHERS AND LIVING IN THE COUNTRY THAT HE DESPISES SO MUCH. ARENT YOU BEING RACIST YOURSELF .

I never said I was better than anybody. I love the US and came onto this thread mainly to defend it from some of the rampant US bashing that goes on on this board. And I'm not the one who constantly refers to the US as a third world country....

MRSBHA said:
GROUPING EVERYONE TOGETHER JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE SOUTHERN. NOT ALL OF US ARE. I DO HAVE RACIST IN MY FAMILY BUT THAT DONT MEAN THAT I AM JUST BECAUSE I LOVE THE FLAG.[/B]

That's kind of the point. Why is it considered acceptible to fly the confederate flag in the south and it's not acceptible to fly a nazi flag in the middle of berlin? Both are symbols of hatred and oppression, but for some reason the history of the confederacy has been rewritten to erase all the ugliness associated with it. I'm not trying to call you a racist, but you are flying a symbol that is considered so by many people.

MRSBHA said:
THIS IS ALL IN FUN AND I DONT TAKE OFFENSE TO ANY OF IT UNTIL SOMEONE STARTS GETTING DIARRHEA OF THE MOUTH .

TO SUM IT UP LIKE US AMERIACANS LIKE TO DO . YOU NEED AN ORAL DOUCHE. :salute:

Wow! You truely are a southern belle. Have bhaexpress show you where the capslock key is.

MRSBHA

Mar 4, 2004
Rossville, GA, USA
But not everyone thinks it is racist. A few people got high and mighty about it just like they did with saying
"ONE NATION UNDER GOD" and decided to attack it.

BTW I dont need bha to show me anything. but you need to bone up on your insults if that is all you can come up with when someone tells you that you need an oral douche

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No, Mrs BHA is quite feminie enough but capeble of looking after herself. Clearly far more woman than you could handle though. (Actually she thought your first post was very amusing).

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
MRSBHA said:
But not everyone thinks it is racist. A few people got high and mighty about it just like they did with saying
"ONE NATION UNDER GOD" and decided to attack it.

Fair enough that not everybody thinks it's racist, but that's neither here nor there. A good number of people think it is, a good number of people find it intimidating. Many people see it as a sign of how backward the deep south is. Should people be able to wave around whatever they want regardless of who is being intimidated? Should I be able to wave a nazi flag in a Jewish temple and claim I was celebrating German heritige? I'll agree that there is a line that should be drawn, but where do we put it?

Don't even get me started on "One Nation Under God". You won't like the results. I'm assuming though that you like the "Under God" part since waving the CSA flag doesn't quite match up with the "One Nation" part.

MRSBHA

Mar 4, 2004
Rossville, GA, USA
I believe you should have freedom of speech. The nazi flag is a bit different meaning than my flag. But if thats what you want to do then do it. Who am i to say that it is wrong to fly your flag.

The ONE NATION UNDER GOD dont bother me either way. People believe what they want to believe and thats there choice.

MRSBHA

Mar 4, 2004
Rossville, GA, USA
Chesney Christ said:
Your wife is very masculine then? You must be so proud!

I prefer women who behave like women myself but each to their own I suppose.

Not masuline just can take care of myself. I dont depend on a man to fight my battles for me. I may be a "SOUTHERN BELLE"
but I am a southern belle w/attitude.

I dont depend on men because men are so undependable and women like for things to get done. Most men (my husband not included) are only good for one thing and half the time its not worth getting undressed for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here