Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What americanisms do you hate?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have come to the conclusion that you don't know what you're talking about. Geographocally Georgoa isn't 'the Deep South' but more importantlly, Mrs BHA has lived all her life there and I would say that she also knows a damn site nore people of any race who come from there. Some Afro Americans may align 'That Flag' with white supremercists. As I have said before the same could be said of the Cross of St George here.

Also, the Swastika represents a political stance, the Rebel Flag represents a lot more. It's part of the Dixie culture. Just because people have been known to use it as a symbol of racism doesn't mean to say that the majority do. I am very surprised at your ignorance of Southern Culture but I'm coming to the same notion as Looney (Yikes !) It is a fact that many people in the area do not feel that much afinity for Old Glory (Texans want to leave the union) whereas they would fly the Reb flag as a gesture to their southern roots. Bear in Mind that Maryland and Kentucky were non combatants in the Civil War but were both slave holding states. They're somewhat northern from my 'vague' memory of US geography.

Also, racism now you come to mention it, again, is not the preserve of southern states, it abounds throughout the US and surely you know that.

As such, I can only concur with her, and my stepson's girlfrend who's just read your thread, you're FULL OF SHIT.

All in the best possible taste though. ;) ;)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I cannot be bothered to read through this entire thread so if I repeat anything already said then I am sorry...Actually I am not.

1) Soccer - It is FOOTBALL

2) Whatever - Lame american saying that makes me cringe

3) Ass - It is arse...You got fuckwits? It is arse not ass.

Just something else to add but the saying: "As american as apple pie". Correct me if I am wrong but surely we have been eating pie (apple or otherwise) in this country when america was still run by Indians who were hunting Buffalo and inventing silly names.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here