Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wettest ever at Football

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Palace away many moons ago.I expect i still have the mushy program in the loft somewhere!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
25th November, 2000 home against Shrewsbury, that was WET.

Also, Goldstone Ground, 3-3 with Liverpool, I seem to remember that was a real soaker.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Portsmouth away - first game of the season back in 2005...had to go to marks and sparks after game and get new set of clothes:laugh:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'd say yesterday was the wettest I've ever got at Withdean, using the very scientific test that the rain managed to get through 3 layers of clothing, whereas I can never remember it before getting through my thick coat. The Swindon game was also incredibly wet, though I think it stopped at some points in the match unlike yesterday. I also remember the Swindon game, despite being soaking, not being very cold as there were loads of people round who had given up on clothing all together and stood bare-chested!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Bristol Rovers at Goldstone was horrendous, I remember alot of us stayed outside untill the Referee made a decision if the game was going to be played or not. If we equalised then I'm sure the referee would of abandoned the match.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I bought a new Errea coat from the club shop recently, it tells me it is waterproof on the label, or I would not have bought it. Is it hell, I've been damp all day. Dick Out!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Away to Barnet, 98ish, no doubt. Ormerod had a blinder. The following year there was then the coldest I've ever been at a football match.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Congo Casuals v Chad young boys of chad (during monsoon season) just happend to be passing one of bradfords many parks :)

D

Deleted User X18H

Does no one remember when we beat Bradford at Withdean in 2002/2003 won 3-2 or 4-3 that was wet

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Bristol Rovers at Goldstone was horrendous, I remember alot of us stayed outside untill the Referee made a decision if the game was going to be played or not. If we equalised then I'm sure the referee would of abandoned the match.

Was that the game where they borrowed The Whale machine from SCCC to suck all the water off the pitch and then let us in when it got given the go-ahead?

If so, that was also the wettest I've ever been at a Brighton game :shootself

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Away to Pompey in the early 90's, got absolutely drenched...and ran a pheasant over on the way home somwhere near Amberley...and that was pheasant, not peasant!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would imagine officialy the wettest game that lasted the full 90 mins would be the away game at peterborough gawd knows what year when we drew 2-2,and there was a even 4 inches of snow on the pitch.

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
Bournemouth away, can't remember the year. I think we lost 3-2 or maybe even won? It was in the early 90's and man I was soaked to my skiddies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here