Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West SHAM prove that cheats DO prosper

zego

Jul 10, 2003
I find it very ironic that if West Ham had points deducted the one and only manager to benefit would be Neil Warnock.

The two games I went to away at Sheffield United when we were in the Championship were the worst I had seen for many years for niggling cheating.

As I remember from the first of these games it began to look as though we might succeed in winning. Warnock as ever was screaming instructions from the touchline, and I realised that all over the pitch, miles away from where the ball (and the ref) was there seemed to be confrontations between our players and theirs.

Too many incidents to be accidental and unplanned, and totally untypical of our team at any of the games I went to.

When Shef U went up into the Premiership this tactic couldn't continue as all the games were covered by multiple TV cameras for Sky and Match of the Day, unlike the single camera in use in the Championship.

Since when the cheats have apparently become every ref officiating at Shef U games, and every top team playing against any team below Shef U in the table.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
bhaexpress said:
The point is who cares ? It's not going to have any effect on us so why get involved ?

Well it does involve us unfortunately. The FA have promised an investigation into the FA game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6339437.stm

Irrespective of the premiership penalty, an FA investigation is now underway as confirmed by the email above.

This will be interesting, whatever side of the fence you sit on over this because the FA are allowed to give their own punishment.

Their "guilt" isn't in question, it's the punishment everyone is arguing about.

I presume this can now proceed irrespective of the possible legal case from the other clubs ?

As is stated in the email, the FA were simply waiting for West Ham to decide whether to appeal or not.

Will the FA now fine West Ham, or throw them out the cup, or do nothing?

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
bhaexpress said:
The point is who cares ? It's not going to have any effect on us so why get involved ?

Thank goodness other clubs fans haven't had that "so what?" attitude when we've needed help!

Football isn't just about "my club" to me.

All this displays that the Premiership, just needs to become more transparent.

First they need to identify possible infringements and establish basic and maximum penalties.

I would suggest an obvious one is, an infringement involving a Premiership player, to be £5 m or the value of that player, what ever is the higher. Since the new TV deal will now mean £50 m to a side in the Prem, minimum points dedudctions must also incur in all cases and go up say, in 3 point blocks depending on the severity.

LC

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The FA have no authority to deduct points from West Ham the only people who can is The Premier League who are not likely to change their views now.

The FA can santion them in other ways like expel them from the FA Cup next season, fine them again for the cup offences, or in extreme cases ask London/Essex FA to withdraw their registration which means that they cannot play any football and go out of business.

Nobody, not even the High Court or House of Lords can order the Premier League to deduct points.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
BensGrandad said:
The FA have no authority to deduct points from West Ham the only people who can is The Premier League who are not likely to change their views now.

The FA can santion them in other ways like expel them from the FA Cup next season, fine them again for the cup offences, or in extreme cases ask London/Essex FA to withdraw their registration which means that they cannot play any football and go out of business.

Nobody, not even the High Court or House of Lords can order the Premier League to deduct points.

So.....
ner.gif

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
BensGrandad said:

Which brings us all the way back to the title of the thread.

West Sham prove that cheats DO prosper.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Tribune Messala said:
Jevs

You have in the past posted that you 'used' to watch the Albion before. May I enquire as to why?

Because my dad used to take me there when i was too young to understand. The moment i learned to punch properly, he never took me again ;)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
FIFA STEP INTO TEVEZ ROW
From Martyn Ziegler, PA Chief Sports Reporter, Zurich
FIFA are to step into the Carlos Tevez row and will investigate whether West
Ham should have been docked points for breaching Premier League rules.
Sepp Blatter, president of FIFA, said the game's world governing body had the
power to pass a final verdict on an independent commission's decision to fine
West Ham #5.5million for having a third-party agreement.
Several Premier League clubs are considering legal action against the Premier
League over the commission's sanction, claiming the Hammers should have been
deducted points.
Blatter told a media briefing in Zurich: "We will look at this - and not only
if we are asked, we will do it anyway.
"We will ask for the file once it has been decided how and why the decision
was made.
"If we feel something was wrong in this decision then we have to open our
file."
Blatter said in terms of timescale a "decision would have to be taken
immediately."
He added that according to FIFA's files the transfer of Tevez and Mascherano
from Brazilian side Corinthians to West Ham had complied with international
transfer regulations.
mfl

151231 MAY 07

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
In todays argus it said that lewes are playing a pre-season friendly against west ham at the dripping pan

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jevs said:
Yes...sat 28th July. Heard this on Sunday from someone who works at the pan

Wonderful!! That means it is set up in direct opposition to Kerry's testimonial. And who does Bobby play for that day? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Wonderful!! That means it is set up in direct opposition to Kerry's testimonial. And who does Bobby play for that day? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It did say its a West Ham 11 rather than first team.

Also as far as i know the kick off time hasn't been announced

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So it's exactly the same time then?

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Copied from:

TheBladesOnline.com:
http://sheffieldunited.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=926

read it and shut up you f******** mugs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards and chief executive Richard Scudamore have both signed the letter.

These are the key paragraphs:

* "At no point were West Ham United charged with playing an ineligible player - both (Carlos) Tevez and (Javier) Mascherano were registered on August 31. All the required documentation was received by the Premier League and the usual confirmations received and sent. Registration is definitive as to the status of the player. At no time has Mr Tevez's registration been revoked or terminated and at all times he has been eligible to play for West Ham."

* "The Independent Commission was... convened strictly in accordance with the rules as agreed by all member clubs. Its chair, Simon Bourne-Arton QC, acted very promptly and properly, laying out directions for the hearing in the shortest possible timescale."

* "The Independent Commission carried its work out fully in accordance with our rules, having adopted practices entirely consistent with formal judicial proceedings. In reaching their decision the Independent Commission clearly considered the matter very carefully and did not deliver an irrational or extreme judgement and delivered the sanction that only they (having considered the matter fully and in light of copious evidence) deemed to be proportionate and appropriate."

* "The media, and of course those aggrieved by the decision, have analysed the seven reasons given by the Independent Commission for not deducting points and concentrated on those that to them seem the least convincing. However, there are others that have a less convenient truth, particularly the one that says 'had the club in time made disclosure of the third party contracts to the FAPL, then, in all probability, contracts could have been entered into which would not have offended the rules'."

* "The League could not function if other clubs could effectively intervene in an attempt to overturn decisions not to their liking."

* "Given the complexities around this, we would ask you to step back from the detail and consider the matter in more general terms:

1. Tevez has been properly registered to play for West Ham United since 31 August 2006. The Board, under our Rules, is charged with the authority to determine this.

2. He continues to be registered with West Ham United.

3. This is a case without precedent and certainly cannot be compared with Clubs who have played unregistered players or players ineligible through suspension.

4. On 26 April, West Ham United admitted to breaches of Rules B13 and U18 - for which they have been fined in accordance with our Rules.

5. The offending third party agreement has been terminated by West Ham United and therefore they are not continuing to be in breach."
------------------------------------

Other posts show loss of Warnock not mourned.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"At no point were West Ham United charged with playing an ineligible player - both (Carlos) Tevez and (Javier) Mascherano were registered on August 31. All the required documentation was received by the Premier League and the usual confirmations received and sent. Registration is definitive as to the status of the player. At no time has Mr Tevez's registration been revoked or terminated and at all times he has been eligible to play for West Ham."

This ignores the fact that, had the FAPL been in possession of all the FACTS regarding the involvment of a 3rd party, in direct contrevention of their rules, Tevez would NOT have received the required registration from the FAPL, at least certainly not in time for the August 31st transfer deadline, which is precisely why West Sham covered this up and LIED about it to the FAPL in order to push it through to get their players. He was only registered as a player for West Sham because West Sham lied and covered up the details of the 3rd party involved.

"The media, and of course those aggrieved by the decision, have analysed the seven reasons given by the Independent Commission for not deducting points and concentrated on those that to them seem the least convincing. However, there are others that have a less convenient truth, particularly the one that says 'had the club in time made disclosure of the third party contracts to the FAPL, then, in all probability, contracts could have been entered into which would not have offended the rules'."

Which is a complete and utter f***ing IRRELEVENCE. Just because there IS a right and proper way to sign these players that every other club abides by (as shown by Liverpool in January), does NOT excuse the fact that West Sham actively decided to DODGE those rules and then LIED about it in order to secure their signings. For the FAPL to say "well, if they'd only have ASKED us then I'm sure we could have sorted it out" in no way comes anywhere CLOSE to excusing the behaviour of West Sham in this whole grubby affair. They have lied and decieved their way to having a world class player playing for them, in effect a ringer, all season long, when the fella should not have spent so much as a SECOND on the pitch for them. FACT.

They should have 6 POINTS docked (as thats the number of points they've gained through goals by Tevez in the run-in), and should be booking their f***ing coach to SCUNTHORPE next season.

Read THAT and shut it, you f***ing MUG.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here